Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Server testing #4 (/showthread.php?tid=56512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Cannon - 03-11-2011

A small update today:
- Changed mining so that if you target another ship, you'll fill its hold rather than your own. This allows small mining ships to fill the holds of other ships directly.
- Tweaked the collision stuff a tiny bit but left it largely the same.
- Some internal exception handling stuff that isn't important to anybody but me

I'm interested in two things:
- What mining fields are dropping too little (or too much)? I'd like real data to back up your opinion please. Mine a field for 10 minutes and post the results here. Remember to include your ship/guns/id/iff.
- What problems are you having with the collision stuff. I need up to date opinions. Things that happened at the start of the week are probably not relevant now.

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - VoluptaBox - 03-11-2011

Great job...as always (bow).

I'll get to work on testing those fields 8-|

Also inb4 anyone else :cool:

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Stuart.croll - 03-11-2011

' Wrote:A small update today:
- Changed mining so that if you target another ship, you'll fill its hold rather than your own. This allows small mining ships to fill the holds of other ships directly.
- Tweaked the collision stuff a tiny bit but left it largely the same.
- Some internal exception handling stuff that isn't important to anybody but me

I'm interested in two things:
- What mining fields are dropping too little (or too much)? I'd like real data to back up your opinion please. Mine a field for 10 minutes and post the results here. Remember to include your ship/guns/id/iff.
- What problems are you having with the collision stuff. I need up to date opinions. Things that happened at the start of the week are probably not relevant now.
Like the ship target thing. V clever

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - SnakThree - 03-11-2011

ZOMFG at filling targeted ship!

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - hribek - 03-11-2011

' Wrote:- Changed mining so that if you target another ship, you'll fill its hold rather than your own. This allows small mining ships to fill the holds of other ships directly.

I think that the target ship should have the option not to accept the ore. Perhaps the two ships should be in one group?

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Chev - 03-11-2011

Filling targeted ship's cargo sounds awesome.

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - alphadog - 03-11-2011

But eh, can you also 'untarget' someone, so that you fill your own hold again? Scanning incoming ships is nice and handy, but you don't want to fill their holds until they get out of scanner range.

Edit: Hmm, making a waypoint solves that problem I guess

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - Enoch - 03-11-2011

Awesome work Cannon.

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - William Frederick Cody - 03-11-2011

' Wrote:Like the ship target thing. V clever

I have a question then. With /t in chat, you can reach your last target, even if it in another system.

Would that work with the mining-/t too? I hope not.

Edit: Oh, thank you cannon.

Admin Notice: Server testing #4 - AeternusDoleo - 03-11-2011

Quote:- What mining fields are dropping too little (or too much)? I'd like real data to back up your opinion please. Mine a field for 10 minutes and post the results here. Remember to include your ship/guns/id/iff.
In order for results to be accurate on this Cannon, recommend you temporarily disable the declining yields. No way to know if a field is just low by default, or overmined, otherwise.
And I'm against ECO's as mining turrets unless there'll be a turreted variant of those as well for the Hege's to use. Basalt simply needs to have it's hardpoint adjusted so that the mining turret can fire forward. Simply modifying the refire rate on the mining turrets to 8.33 should suffice if the refire is the problem. (But really, just aim for those rocks, mkay?:P)

' Wrote:I have a question then. With /t in chat, you can reach your last target, even if it in another system.Would that work with the mining-/t too? I hope not.
That'd be a major exploit. Traders flying to their destination before they are full... miners simply plugging away at filling the trader while it moves to it's destination...