Discovery Gaming Community
Blood Bonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Blood Bonds (/showthread.php?tid=56536)

Blood Bonds - DarthBindo - 03-11-2011

[Image: bloodbondsbanner.png]
The screens flickered through image after image, their ambient light diffracting through the smoky air, competing with the shadows to illuminate the room, and failing.
Twenty-four hands rested on the long table, their pale tans contrasting with the deep red of the cherry wood, the arms they were attached to leading upwards into darkess, faces cast alternatively into shadow so deep it was impenetrable and light so bright it obscured any detail.
"This room is secure?"
"My technology and unique position has made any eavesdropping impossible."
"Good. My appointment to the Council should be finalized within the week."
"I take it he was agreeable?"
"He didn't really have a choice."
"Has he been infected?"
"Oh yes. Most certainly. Our influence over him was undeniable."
"The negotiations are being held up. Both parties are stalling."
"We'll have to hit them harder then. The Bretonian situation?"
"The treaty is worth less than the paper it's written on. Soon full war will break out."
"Good. We'll be in perfect position to profit. We have a new member today, to replace the former Mr. White after his untimely demise. He will run our biotech division. Mr. White, I trust you've been able to find yourself a place within the organization?"
"I'm personally overseeing the development of Project Helios, but the Boad of Directors has made some inquries into what happens in my lab. Their attention needs to be diverted."
"All through the proper intermediaries, of course."
"Intermediaries?"
"We have a great number of agencies, who in turn operate other agencies. Boxes stacked, one in another. We never touch anything directly. We only influence."
"The Guild is making moves towards the trade. The peace there may collapse."
"Irrellevant to our plans. However, the Third House has responded."
"They have accepted our offer?"
"They will be most useful allies. They request class nine weaponry and equipment. Mr. Brown?"
"Easily done. One of the P-Four shipments can be redirected, and our discrectionary budget is surplusing for the moment."
"We must aid them. Relations between the Two must be cooled, and for that, there must be an enemy. Mr. Gray, Mr. Blue, can we do anything with the Rhein?"
"I'll see what can be done with the seperatists. We have some pull there."
"An incident will be arranged. Perhaps an assassination. We should confer later."
" Indeed. Does anyone have any other business?"
Silence reigned.
"This meeting is adjourned, in the name of the Twelve. Let us pray."
"We came and saw."
And in unison they replied.
"We will conquer."
"We have fought and won."
"We will conquer."
"Who are we?"
"We are the Invisible Hand. We are the rulers of the city on the hill. We come before and after. We are forever. And eventually we will lead them into the light of day."
The link disconnected, static filling a dozen brains scattered across the Six Houses.

Blood Bonds - DarthBindo - 03-14-2011

[Image: st-peters-church-interior-vatican-city-scv533.jpg]
The church was empty, Mass finished hours earlier.
The afternoon sun poured in the windows, illuminating and casting shadows at the same time.
Footsteps rang out on the marble floor, coming from here, and there, and over there, as cloaked figures streamed into the chapel.
The priest rose from the altar, crossing himself before fumbling with a set of keys.
He unhooked the largest, an old rusted iron key, and gave it to the shrouded man with the red cape.
The shrouded man nodded, bowing before the priest, before opening a small ironbound door set into the wall, behind the altar, barely visible even for one looking. He glanced around, before leading the four dozen cloaked figures down into the gloom of a small room.
The only exit clanged as the priest shut it, warily searching the room for onlookers.
The man with the red cape pressed bricks into the wall, each giving way, before finally the wall swung aside and revealed a passage.
[Image: st-peters-church-interior-vatican-city-scv272.jpg]
They filed down it, going ever deeper and deeper, until it seemed they must be at the very core of the planet, and then they came into a room. They gathered round, forming a circle with the ease of practice, and each knelt and prayed as the man with the red cape performed the ritual, and they chanted, their voices rising and echoing in the chamber until it reverbrated with the noise, the man with the red cape giving voice to their desires.
"Vinculu sanguinis vincio nos, et numquam nos incida
ab unitate nostra sanguina, fit maxima fortitudo."

"The bonds of blood link us, and we will never fall
from the unity of our blood, is made a great strength.

"Vivat fraternitatem!Vivat imperii! Vivat Corsair!"
"Long live the brotherhood! Long live the Empire! Long live the Corsairs!"
"In guerra deducant te angeli:
in tuo adventu suscipiant te Martyres,
et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Crete.
Chorus Fortum te suscipiat,
et tu exaltabitur a Concilio Senes, et sedes ad mensam, et regnas."

"In the war the angels lead you:
in your coming, the martyrs receive you,
and lead you to the holy city of Crete.
The chorus of the Heroes receive you,
and thou shall be exalted by the Council of the aged men, and sit at the table, and reign."

"Libera me, Deus sanguinis, de terror morte æterna, in die illa tremenda
Quando cæli et terra movendi,
Cum nos veneris judicare sæculum per ignem.
Quoniam nec neque tremeface timeo, dum discussio venerit meo inimicos, et ventura ira.
Quando cæli movendi sunt et terra.
Cum nos veneris judicare sæculum per ignem.
Dies illa, dies iræ, calamitatis et miseriæ, dies magna, promissa dies vindictae, gloria et honore nobis æternam,Deus sanguinis, non Nomina oblitus, sed memoria semper.
Quando cæli et terra movendi ,
Cum nos veneris judicare sæculum per ignem."

"Deliver me, O God of the blood, from the land of eternal death, on that awful day
When the heavens and the earth shall be shaken,
Since we come to judge the world by fire.
That i not tremble or even fear, till the desolation shall come to my enemies, and my wrath poured out upon them.
When the heavens are moved and the earth.
Since we come to judge the world by fire.
That day, the day of wrath, of calamity and misery, that great day, the promised day of vengeance, with glory and honor for us eternal, O God of the blood, not in the name forgotten, but our memory always.
When the heavens and the earth shall be shaken,
Since we come to judge the world by fire."

They filed out, fourty-seven of them, their ritual completed, and the proper sacrifice made, only the man with the red cape stopping, to wash his hands over the altar, red running off them as the blood mixed with the water.

Blood Bonds - DarthBindo - 03-16-2011

The screens flickered through image after image, their ambient light diffracting through the smoky air, competing with the shadows to illuminate the room, and failing.
Twenty-four hands rested on the long table, their pale tans contrasting with the deep red of the cherry wood, the arms they were attached to leading upwards into darkess, faces cast alternatively into shadow so deep it was impenetrable and light so bright it obscured any detail.
"This civil war is....difficult. I may yet achieve a greater position, but i may also be rendered irrelevant."
"If the Katzists lose, abandon ship. You have much value as an agent. Also, try to introduce them to our green friends, such an alliance would be best. Mr. Gold?"
"In three days we will strike at their admiral. Total war is assured, and their resources diverted. Once that happens you will of course hold up-"
"Of course. We both stand to gain much."
"The first shipment has been assembled. It will be made within the week. I shall contact the Third House myself."
"I require plutonium, MOX and the proper equipment to use it. When could you have it delivered?"
"I can handle that. A convoy will pass through Leeds soon. Be ready. It will hold what you need, and the captains will have their instructions. The Belfast will be lead ship."
"How go the negotiations with GMG and Kishiro?"
"Poorly. Some...pressure, is required."
"It will be arranged."
"The Bretonian deal?"
"Much better. It proceeds quickly, now that parliment has finally responded. I hope it to be finished within the week."
"Good. The new campaign begins in two days. Mr. Brown, Mr. Blue, i suggest you do as little business as possible within the Rhein for the next month. Oh, and Mr. Blue....you might want to cancel the RheinWehr's insurance policy."
*laughter* "If the Eye wishes it."
"Any other business?"
Silence.
"This meeting is adjourned, in the name of the Twelve. Let us pray."
"We came and saw."
"We will conquer."
"We have fought and won."
"We will conquer."
"Who are we?"
"We are the Invisible Hand. We are the rulers of the city on the hill. We come before and after. We are forever. And eventually we will lead them into the light of day."
The link disconnected, static filling a dozen brains scattered across the Six Houses.