Discovery Gaming Community
Murik's Laboratory - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Murik's Laboratory (/showthread.php?tid=56672)

Murik's Laboratory - Dexter. - 03-13-2011

...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.Murik.recognized...uploading data...

...accessing..research.log...

Entry 01

It's been a while since I've done R&D. I think it's well enough time to get back into the swing of things. The Lane Hacker facilities are even better than my old lab back on Manhattan, and now I have the means to obtain my own materials and credits for the research, rather than relying on the empty promises of fat corporate executives.

I've decided to turn my attention to the Lane Hacker weapon of choice - the Hellflurry. In Sirius, several types of weapons technolgies have been invented: particle, plasma, EMP, antimatter, and tachyon. The hellflurries are tachyon-based weapons, and I see far more potential in this particular weapon type than any other.

I must start by gathering my materials. I'm going to need a variety of different materials in combination to build my first test prototypes. I'll need 2 units of the following:
  • high temperature alloy - For assembling the emitters and the firing mechanism.
  • nano-capacitors - For fine-tuning energy levels on the subatomic level.
  • niobium - For conducting the power needed from the power source to the emitter array.
  • robotic components - For assembly. And:
  • Various classes of Hellflurry tachyon guns for comparisons.
While I'm not out gathering the materials necessary, I can spend my time researching the technology involved in the weapons.

[Image: Tachyon04s.gif]

I'll work on a way to amplify the intensity of the tachyon bursts using this holograph while my Laboratory is being fully prepared.

Murik out.

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...

Murik's Laboratory - Dexter. - 03-18-2011

Entry 02

My research is ready to move into the next phase of development. All materials required for my lab have been gathered and assembled. Murik's.Laboratory is fully prepared, and has already been put to use.

I have constructed my very first prototype. It is unstable, meaning it couldn't be added to a ship's arsenal yet, but it works in the lab. The premise for the new weapon hit me during my morning routine, while looking in the mirror. This is the sketch I immediately drew.

[Image: Tachyonreflectiontheory.png]

Since we cannot actually see tachyons, we can see two images - the appearing and departing of the tachyon. Through a bit of study, I noticed that the reflected image indeed posseses a small bit of energy. If enough power is pumped into a reflection matrix, that image may reflected along with the appearing image, thus increasing weapon output.

I did a bit more research on the various types of hellflurries, as well. I compared them to EMP cannons in terms of electrical power. My prototype consists of an EMP firing mechanism with the tachyon hellflurry emitter.

[Image: Tachyons.png]

I did a few test-fires. I must now analyze the results, and figure out how to make this new weapon compatible with a ship's power system. There's also a bit of radiation emitted, that means inefficiencies, which will have to be fixed. In the future, hopefully I'll be allowed by the Professorship to mount them on my own ship, and possibly even the rest of the Hackers. If my research is sound (and safe), this could be a breakthrough on increasing the damage of the hellflurries, proving to the other baffoons and their lackies that Lane Hacker tachyon technology is far superior to anything they could ever hope to possess.

Murik out.

Murik's Laboratory - Dexter. - 03-24-2011

Entry 03

I've developped a working applicataion of my theory. A new idea struck me by salvaging and analyzing the flux capacitor system out of a captured "Lavablade" class Liberty Navy cannon. The Lavablades (and Magma Hammers I assume, although I have not gotten my hands on one of those) are capable of discharging massive amounts of energy at a reduced rate of fire.

My problem with the straining energy costs is solved by simply lowering the rate of fire by adding some rigged flux capacitors. Therefore, the rate of fire is reduced to "3.03" shots per second, the same rate of fire as an inferior Outcast "Wyrm" or "Dragoon" cannon.

With the new flux capacitor charging before every shot, the shot, instead of appearing as a "stream" of tachyons, appears now as a concentrated burst, slightly darker in hue.

[Image: analysis2.png]

Since this is a working model, I'll be placing them on my Sabre-class fighter for live-action-testing. The codename of this new weapon will be "KINTANO".

We'll show the sector Lane Hacker weapon superiority once and for all! Murik out.