Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Server testing #5 (/showthread.php?tid=56766)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Cannon - 03-15-2011

Several updates:
- Introduced hooks to try to find the mission that is killing missions and a change that possibly prevents the mission board from becoming unavailable.
- Added a message when a ship docks in range of your scanners. This makes it easier to prove somebody is docking at a base in breach of some rule or another.
- I intend no further changes to the ramming damage behaviour unless there are more comments suggesting that it needs to be. Currently if two ships colide and the are reasonably small, no damage is done to either. In all other cases, damage is done to both ships proportional to their respective sizes
- Mining is somewhat finished. Field rebalancing needs to be completed and helium turned on in Penn.

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Korny - 03-15-2011

Awesome, gonna' hop ingame later to try stuff out. Your work is appreciated cannon.

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Anonymous User - 03-15-2011

thx cannon...

snub collision damage seems good now.

I'll try out the other stuff later:D

dockmessage sounds great...

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Waratah - 03-15-2011

Refire rate on my Osiris is like its at 1 instead of 2 using Order Battleship Turrets MK II

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Soban - 03-15-2011

Still log 43-46k below the plane after f1 in space.

Thanks anyway going to try some things.

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Stuart.croll - 03-15-2011

' Wrote:Still log 43-46k below the plane after f1 in space.

Thanks anyway going to try some things.
I think the idea is to discourage cargo transfer by this method but it don't :D

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - r3vange - 03-15-2011

[color=#FFFFFF]Cheers! I'll try it

on the side note: Can we get /engines command which will shut down the engines and make the ship immobile? Kewl RP thingie

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Soban - 03-15-2011

Quote:I think the idea is to discourage cargo transfer by this method but it don't

Thankfully I can run 2 fl on 1 computer... If you want to stop cargo transfer make it clear.

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Tomtomrawr - 03-15-2011

The production capacity of my Basalt miner has been halved. In the time it takes to eject the twenty or so units the ship can hold I could have mined that same amount again. I'm entirely reliant on the whims and timetables and selections of haulers who generally prefer to buy ore direct from Hegemons.

Personally, I'm not happy with cargo going directly into your cargo hold. If your hold is full, could the ore just float in space where you shoot the rock? I don't see a problem with that system.

Admin Notice: Server testing #5 - Stuart.croll - 03-15-2011

' Wrote:Thankfully I can run 2 fl on 1 computer... If you want to stop cargo transfer make it clear.
Which part of "it don't" did you not understand?