Discovery Gaming Community
To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. (/showthread.php?tid=56852)

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Sturmwind - 03-17-2011

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Planet Hamburg,[color=#33CC00] Hamburg System.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00]Medium, port RM-CH-HC-1488-M.

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Receiving...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Decrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Opening...

[Image: Voelkel-transmission.png]

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Admiral Alec Voelkel, Rheinland Military.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Leaderships of all Zoner factions.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Technology issues.

[color=#FFCC00]
Damen und Herren,

During the debriefing following an incident in Omega-7, one of my Leutnants reported a rather troubling find.

[color=#33CC00]::Uploading visual data::
GC-NS-1: Registry
GC-NS-2: Weapon systems
GC-NS-3: Full view
[color=#33CC00]::Uploading visual data::

In case it is not obvious enough, allow me to explain: What we are looking at is the flagship of the Rot Front, which is an organization that consists of an eerie mixture of Red Hessians and IMG deserters, who saw it fit to take their equipment with them during the course of their desertion.

Presented on evidence piece GC-NS-2, which is a scan of its weapon systems, you can clearly see that the carrier is equipped with Zoner battleship turrets. Disappointingly, the personnel in the field found it difficult to get a full scan, seeing how they were under fire by an entire fleet of Red Hessians and the capital ship in question.

At any rate, the Rheinwehr High Command is curious to find out how the flagship of the Rot Front obtained these weapon systems and we are hoping that you may be able to assist us in this investigation. After all, what we speak of are no mere hand-held weapons, not even fighter guns, but the most massive weapon classes seen in space warfare, clearly of Zoner make.

Signed,

Admiral Alec Voelkel,
Oberkommando der Rheinland Militär.

Encrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Closing...

[color=#009900][font=Tahoma]=[[color=#33CC00]TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Doc Holliday - 03-17-2011

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Admiral Alec Voelkel, Rheinland Military
Suject: Zoner Weaponry

Guten Tag, Admiral,

It is an honor to speak with you but regrettably, under such circumstances. I personally have never heard of this "Rot Front" of which you speak but unfortunately, our technology has become easily available for all after the dissolve of the Zoner Alliance. While some people, even some factions, ask to use it, more people choose not too. With no real central Zoner governing body to regulate usage and purchases of our tech, we have no real way in which to control it.

I will be honest with you, Admiral, a lot of people WANTED the break-up of the former Zoner Alliance, they thought it was too strong and too oppressive. This unrestricted use of the tech is a result as is the frequent lawlessness around Freeports since, as previously mentioned, there is no central governing body to regulate things.
To those who wanted this break-up, I say to them, "Deal with it."
To those who didn't, I say, "I'm sorry."
I have little influence in Rheinland besides making a few trade runs there so I'm not sure how I can be of assistance.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
TAZ Administrator

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Daedric - 03-17-2011

[Image: crosstrans.png]

Guten Tag Admiral,

I'm afraid I can't be anymore helpful than Doc was. My company does produce them, though the only clients we've sold the weapons to were Zoner weapons dealers aboard some of the Freeports. After the dealer purchases the weapons we've no knowledge of what happens to them. Under the banner of the Zoner Alliance we had measures to track and control the usage of Zoner weaponry. With the dissolution of that body we lost those measures.

I am curious though, your scanners show two vessels marked as Wilde. Was this an error with the scanners on said vessel or have you found a way to control those poor souls who've been infected?
[Image: transmissionbottomf.png]

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Jinx - 03-17-2011

to: Admiral Alec Voelkel, Rheinland Military

"your message was received but as it was mentioned before, due to the lack of a centralized body to control all the interactions, the area of concern has become smaller. Localized administrators are mostly concerned with their local affairs.

Our weapons are as freely available as the famed "Cerberus" warship turret, which is also freely available throughout known space - but said to originate from a Rheinland research laboratory.

We do of course not approve of malicious acts committed where our weapons are involved, - but there is nothing we can do about it other than closing down a major part of our edgeworld merchandise.

we must keep in mind that space is dangerous - and even the smallest "civilian" shuttle ( starflier ) mounts powerful weapons that can kill a man easily. - our gear is not sold in the well protected coreworlds where a starflier suffices - but it is sold to those who dare to venture the edge and beyond. Most of those customers try to avoid the core in any way - those that don t are beyond our juristiction.

E.Tate

postscript: and yes, your evidence shows strange readings that you share a military communication with ships marked as "Wild" - a group of merciless thugs that are responsible for the death of millions of innocents. but that is your business - such as our business is ours."

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Sturmwind - 03-17-2011

=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00]Medium, port RM-CH-HC-1488-M.

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Admiral Alec Voelkel, Rheinland Military.

[color=#FFCC00]
It is disappointing to see that Zoner technology is so poorly regulated, chiefly due to the fact that it was my understanding that Zoners are meant to be a globally neutral entity supporting peace, rather than making profit from the wars of others by selling weapons to such a scale. I trust you realize that such uncontrolled distribution of technology is a careless act that may cost millions of lives, if it didn't already.

To be case specific, since it was mentioned that you are unaware of what the Rot Front is, I may as well clarify the matter. The Rot Front is a considerably huge wing of the Red Hessians, which is a far-leftist terrorist organization operating within Rheinland and the Omegas, also believed to be the largest rebel force of the Sirius sector. The Red Hessians, and their subsidiaries are responsible for committing mass murder of miners and traders throughout Sirius, targeting Zoners just as much as civilians of Rheinland and Bretonia. Day by day, dozens, hundreds of people die to the unprovoked attacks of their fanatical members, blinded by the false idealism of "prosperity" they wish to achieve with murdering all those who do not share their views of the society's need for a reconstruction through total destruction.

I assume no sane-thinking Zoner leader would support such a collection of ideas if you can call instinct-driven barbarism any sort of idea to begin with. Now they are carrying out their mischievous acts with the use of Zoner weaponry of the highest quality, we have already lost a gunboat worth of servicemen to their flagship's claws, not to mention the destruction they will carry out if the weaponry remains in their hands.

If the flagship is relieved of its weaponry, which would then go back to its rightful owners, we can save millions of people. Will you, responsible icons of pacifism and human good, help us prevent the slaughter of so many innocents? Will you help us reclaim the weaponry terrorism obtained through unorthodox means for unorthodox purposes?

Signed,

Admiral Alec Voelkel,

P.S.: I have requested analysts to observe the visual data I presented, but we are unaware how you concluded that Wilde rebels were even present during the course of the engagement, I assume it was a scanner malfunction.

Encrypting...

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Daedric - 03-17-2011

Admiral,

We are quite aware there are issues with Zoner technology being unregulated. Being shot at by your own technology makes it quite clear to one. However, being aware of and being able to do something about it are two very different things. My company has no means to relieve that vessel of its weapons systems, our security assets aren't trained to combat vessels of that size. With that in mind, I'm not sure how we could help the Rheinland Military with this issue.

Though I find your request for our help in dealing with domestic issues based only on the fact they are using weapons of Zoner design slightly odd. As mentioned by Ms Tate, the Cerberus weapon system is of Rheinland design and is used by almost everyone in Sirius; I'm sure its use has caused the death of a few innocents. I'm not asking your government for assistance in protecting my company from the misuse of said weapon system. I hold the people who use those weapons on my company responsible for their use, not the maker of the weapon. My company has never had any contact with the Rot Front, so we are not going to accept any responsibility for their actions.

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Sturmwind - 03-18-2011

=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[color=#FFCC00]
There is however, a slight difference between Cerberus turrets and Zoner weapons, the most important is that we are not the sole producers of the former. As you mentioned above, the OSI is a producer of the weaponry and as producers, you should be responsible for choosing your clients adequately, because you do have the ability to control which distributor you sell your guns to.

If you see that battleship turrets, which are easily the most lethal pieces of weaponry available in space are being distributed to terrorists organizations, a proper measure would be making sure that the organizations are not supplied any further equipment.

With a little effort, you could easily oversee how the technology you produce is distributed, similarly to the way we do, as well. After all, I am inclined to say that according to the current technology distribution principles employed by the authorities of Rheinland, which is not consistent solely of the Rheinwehr, our technology is secure and in our hands only, even though we have a full-scale revolution going on. All we had to do was to establish collaboration between the producers, distributors and users of technology.

Similar measures could easily be employed by the Zoners yourselves, you may be less organized or centralized, but the production of weaponry is something that requires forethought and cooperation already, so making one step further should not be that difficult. I hope you understand that one way or another, we have to make sure that we do not continue falling under the attacks of Zoner weapons in the future.

Signed,

Admiral Alec Voelkel,

Encrypting...

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - XTriton - 03-18-2011

----Incoming Transmission----
----Zoner signature detected ----
----Encyption key detected [---
----Decoding message ---
----Zoner ID verified----
----ID: Temporary Autonomous Zoner----
----Operator: Xavier Triton----
----Accessing...----

Guten tag, Admiral Voelkel,

I have been assigned diplomatic powers by Doctor John Henry Holliday and will take the TAZ seat in
this transmission.

To start I would like to declare that, while we admit that Zoner weaponry is unregulated outside of
our influence, we keep our weapons under lock and key. Dr. Holliday has already mentioned how
the breaking up of the Zoner Alliance has impacted this. However, myself and others in the
Temporary Autonomous Zoners have taken much care in the regulation of any weapons produced
in Baffin. You can be rest assured that we haven't allowed or would allow weapons to open
terrorists that openly seek aggressive action with said weapons.

If the Rot Front has a supplier of Zoner Battleship turrets then you have my personal assurance
that they didn't come from us.

On a point you have raised, the Zoner groups used to be in collaboration before we dissolved the
Zoner Alliance. I myself tried to keep this collaboration in terms of weaponry and other technology
intact but too many differences of opinion were put forward to challenge this and I was mostly ignored.

I apologize that you are the victim in all of this, but as we are so far apart and too few to hunt
these individuals without our other Zoner kin, there is little we can do.

Regards,
[Image: XTritonSigniture.png]
Xavier Triton
The Trident of Eris, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin

---Ending Transmission---

To the leaderships of all Zoner factions. - Daedric - 03-19-2011

Admiral, you are in no position to know what we can and cannot do with regards to regulating our technology. Our weaponry is produced by any number of different individuals or organizations. From what I can tell it is also highly available on the black markets, which tells me it is easily reproducible by third parties.

You admit the Rot Front is a terrorist organization, who is to say they didn't take those weapons by force? That is their nature isn't it? The weapons weren't acquired from my company, I can assure you of that. As I mentioned before, my company isn't able to hunt down those who illegally use Zoner technology, we don't have the assets nor the training to do so.

I will however keep my ear open for any rumors on the Freeports as to how they got the weaponry, I'm sure that knowledge will be helpful to all of us.