Discovery Gaming Community
A forgotten love.. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A forgotten love.. (/showthread.php?tid=56935)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

A forgotten love.. - Dave Synk - 03-18-2011

// In this thread can post only the Wedjat and Cerberus invited members. Enjoy the story !

In Legion's observation deck, Dave looked the vast and the depths of Omicron Delta, wondering about the end of the mysterious vortex channel. An assistant gave him a data pad regarding the activities of the Cerberus' operatives within Sirius. He was pleased to hear that Black Virgo was accomplished with bravery by his "Trust staff". He then went into the dark room, and sat on the elegant black and white leather armchair. He remembered his past... how he started, from a humble and simple researcher but with great ideals, to an important member of the Order and especially Cerberus. For Dave, Cerberus was the breakthrough, the thing he needed most, he put years of research in it. He couldn't achieve everything if his closest friend within Sirius, Jack Aubrey, wasn't there for him in his darkest hours. But the past was composed only with old memories, good, painful, glorious, horrible, parts built Dave Synk. Only one memory of his was still there, hidden, and that was Ashley. They were toghether for 2 years, when he met her at the Westpoint Academy on a promotion party. Ashley was a vital part of Dave's character, and when he lost her in the dimensional rift in Yukon, he was broken. The pain made him to research and study the unstable and rare Phase Jump Holes, as he called these mysterious rifts in space. For 9 years, he studied in secret, a way to open this rift and access the unknown system in which Ashley dissapeared. Apparently the sun appeared once again on his road, when his friend from Wedjat, Major Eriksson Ravenov, told him that he found something that needs his attention on Planet Sprague. He was moved.

His eyes twinkled as he saw a glare of hope. He accessed the Holo Communicator and contacted his XO miss Scott.

Dave : Amanda, please contact Major Ravenov from the Neith, I need a direct and secure channel, also open the quantum array. I don't need surprises.

Amanda : Right away Dave. Opening direct channel.

In front of him, appeared a huge hologram display waiting for the response of major Ravenov. For Dave, seconds were passing like minutes, he was very nervous.

A forgotten love.. - ErikssonJeny - 03-18-2011

Eriksson appears infront of Dave in holographic form.

"Dave, I'm glad you recieved my message. I believe you might be interested in what I found out, interested?"

A forgotten love.. - Dave Synk - 03-18-2011

Dave jumped off his armchair, and with a nervous tone he said.

"You don't even know how much I was thinking about it, this is the rare chance that a man has once in a lifetime. I am all ears, what do you know at the current moment ?"

A forgotten love.. - ErikssonJeny - 03-18-2011

"One of the Cerberus teams on Sprague found something very interesting. An ancient Dam'Kvosh artifact regarding phased jumphole control was unearthed. Want to book a tour?

A forgotten love.. - Dave Synk - 03-19-2011

" I know the ancient K'Vosh empire was millions of years in technological advancement, how this was even discovered on Sprague ? I expect to be a big and complex system, because creating or controling these space rifts, imply incredible resources, and even singularity space deterioration. But yes, this might be interesting to see. I say we should go, only you and me, and when we figure it out... we call for the others."

He had a very optimistic look.

A forgotten love.. - ErikssonJeny - 03-19-2011

"I will make the arrangements then. See you there, Dave."

A forgotten love.. - Dave Synk - 03-20-2011

After the end of the communication Dave told the Legion's Control Center to prepare his Bastet as he will leave to Omega 3.

Dave : And also mr Andrews, get the ship ready for Combat Status, it will be required soon, as I can feel it. Don't inform the rest of my crew yet, as I don't know what I can expect on Sprague.

Andrews : Understood Colonel.

Dave : Dismissed Andrews.

Andrews : Sir !

He went very quickly to the docking bay as he took his fighter into the depths of space. While flying he had small flashbacks of his past with his beloved Ashley. Those were all memories.

He activated his cloaking device and he entered deep into the borderworlds. Arriving at Omega 3 he hailed Erik's vessel. He looked at Planet Sprague with some doubts.

A forgotten love.. - ErikssonJeny - 03-21-2011

"It's not much too look at. A lot of rock, sand and more sand. But we know something about it that others don't. And that's that planet Sprague was a Dam'Kvosh planet and it contains a lot of interesting artifacts. One of which is the phased jump hole controller. I'll meet you down on the surface at the dig."

A forgotten love.. - Dave Synk - 03-21-2011

Dave : Interesting... a K'Vosh planet, I knew the archeological state of it, several excavations, where initially doctor Kendra Sinclair found it, apparently the Nomad War led to the destruction of that important and valuable dig site.

After he finished the discussion with Erik, he left directly to the dig site. He locked his ship controls, decompressioning his cockpit, and he went on the landing pad. It was a warm weather on the surface of it, a beautiful day. The panoramic view of the several outposts gave Dave a very strange feeling.

Dave : So this is it Erik ? And you said something about a phase controller. I researched the last 9 years to found methods to engineer one way to manipulate the Phase Jump Holes, but with no luck. And there is a "device" ? What do you know of it ?

A forgotten love.. - ErikssonJeny - 03-22-2011

"I know more of it than you think. Well to cut a long story short this was actually a phased jumphole maintaining facility and the thing controllling it is practicly intact. The only problem being is the power supply. Well, let's head towards the dig site and I'll show you myself."