Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Policy Changed (/showthread.php?tid=57055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Cannon - 03-20-2011

This notice serves to inform people that the LOAN SCAM policy as documented here http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62574 has been revoked.

The reason for this is that players are making loans to people without a role play history here and then expecting the admin team to guarantee the loan. In the worst cases, people have repeatedly loaned money to a person who scammed them previously.

We will, at our discretion, sanction players for bad behaviour using under rule 1.2. For those of you considering scamming people, we will catch you.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Penpen - 03-20-2011

Hey there.
I filed a sanction regarding a scammed loan yesterday. Is it legitimate?
Also I'd like to know more about the "why's" behind this change.
I loaned money twice, so I'm not really into the business that much but there should always be a way to get your credits back. I mean, if there's such a way in the real world, why not in rp?

What if someone who rp's his business fairly well, like to loan money to someone who doesn't reply in the proper rp? Should he tell him to sod off?

No really. I'm concerned. First off, I have 400mil floating around and I bet I'm not the only one that gets scammed by someone who first looks serious about his intention and then runs away.

I really can't agree with that.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - William Frederick Cody - 03-20-2011

A hard, but needed step. Now it comes to more risk-reflecting loans.

My condolences to all bankers.

~Cody

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Cannon - 03-20-2011

If somebody can think of a game mechanic or/and role play way of enforcing loan collection, I'm happy to listen to your ideas.

An alternative way might be to sanction people for loan scams but not refund the money. This might provide a better risk/reward balance.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Dusty Lens - 03-20-2011

Can I earnestly suggest that this policy effect only those loans given following this announcement?

A lot of loans were issued under the idea that there was a measure of security behind it. Much like tech change rules being changed without warning under our feet this change is coming in such a way as to compromise ongoing decisions in the name of making future efforts easier.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Akura - 03-20-2011

Perhaps have about 80% of the original cash returned, so there is risk with untrustworthy people.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Penpen - 03-20-2011

So... I'd like to buy a new car. Just because I feel that the current one doesn't cover my needs anymore. Now I'm going to the bank and ask for a loan. As they can see, I have a house which is almost payd off, so it's not a problem getting credits.

So... One player likes to buy a transport. Just because he feels that the current one doesn't cover his needs anymore. He's going to the bank and asks for the loan. As they can see, he's in an official trading faction and got a ship there, so it's not a problem getting credits.

Now... I wonder how the Bank (in game) could have access to the player's property, if not via admins. I indeed could not care less about this whole topic if I wasn't involved right now.
I did not loan credits because I coud make a 10% profit out of it, but because I had good reasons to trust that guy. Unfortunately he did not pay me back and now I have 400million dead credits floating around?
Not fair. Not cool.
A bank could take my house.
What can I take? And how?

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - exlibrismortis - 03-20-2011

Maybe a suggestions that we follow in EVE is collateral. In EVE if you want a loan, and someone is willing to provide the money, collateral must be given by the debtor. This is usually in the form of a ship, or maybe even an item. The debtor gives the loaner a ship that is worth more than the loan, by about 15-30% more. Then the loaner gives money out. When the debtor pays back the loan, the ship is given back. If the debtor doesn't pay the loan back, well he has a nice ship he can use, or sell on the market to recover lost funds.

I don't know how you could do this here and keep people from scamming people by just taking the new large ship, or even if the Admin team would bother with sanctioning.

This is just one idea.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - dodike - 03-20-2011

' Wrote:If somebody can think of a game mechanic or/and role play way of enforcing loan collection, I'm happy to listen to your ideas.
If there was a way to protect ships and equipment from being sold by some sort of password command, whole ships could be leased. Money upfront to avoid free lease.
For money loans whole ships could be used as collateral.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - SeaFalcon - 03-20-2011

Maybe its possible to FLhook it is some sort of command?

/loan <amount> <character> <deadline>

amount = Amount of money lend to a guy
character = who the money is lend to
deadline = When the loan must be paid back

The guy wanting the loan must type a command to accept it or something.

If thats possible to FLhook though.
A automatic sanction put in place for people who don't pay back the credits, like getting a starflea?