Discovery Gaming Community
Problem - My guns don't do damage - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Problem - My guns don't do damage (/showthread.php?tid=57184)

Pages: 1 2

Problem - My guns don't do damage - chopper - 03-23-2011

Hello there!
Here's the problem.

Whichever ship I take out, and whoever the target is, from a dropped cargo, trough level 3 npc's, all the way up to sitting Tankers - I can't make damage.
Not a scratch.
My guns don't work. Blanks!
I am serious, and I heard that this happened to a few more people.
Now, I have no idea what caused this, and I have no idea how to fix it.
It never happened to me before, so I think it might have something to do with new FLhook or something.
So, anyone had experience with things like this?
Here's a few screenshots just in case you don't believe me.
The screenshots are taken from the ship being hit, so there's no mistake about 'missing'.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Also, a weird thing which might be related to it.
I have 0 lag all the time, but as soon as shots are fired around me it goes up to 20%.
Also, I'm sure lag is not the problem. I mean, I'm not missing.
I tested the guns on a sitting Tanker, and on a Sitting Sabre, as well as on dropped Superconductors floating in space.
My CD's still work though.
Anyone?

Update:

Problem is obviously server related, as I seem to do the damage on other servers.
I made a Startracker on another server and shot some NPC's, damage applies, everything is fine.
On DiscoveryRP I can't even damage cargo.

Problem - My guns don't do damage - VoluptaBox - 03-23-2011

Only thing that comes to mind is the invulnerability after you undock. But I think you know about that already:P

It's not that, but thanks for trying : )

Problem - My guns don't do damage - aerelm - 03-23-2011

I had this same issue once, I even recorded a vid, but it's long gone cause it was like a whole year ago.

I was in Conn, dueling a friend on my Roc, and everything was working fine. I SNed a gun off his Virage, and after that -Nothing- did any damage to him. I still could damage myself with mines, and he could damage me like usual, but my guns and mines on anyone else didn't work.

It fixed itself after relogging, so I didn't bother reporting as bug.

Well, this problem of mine won't fix by relogging.
Hell, it even appears to me on shared accounts.
I tried 4+ accounts and it's the same on all of them.
I killed myself, restarted FL, restarted computer, anything except re-install.
Re-install is on hold until I hear something about it, because I think it's server related.

I just tried to disrupt a trade lane, and it doesn't work.

Problem - My guns don't do damage - Shiza - 03-23-2011

I have seen turbo sabres with V36 engines, turbo trusters, that dodged just like LF NPCs in the moment when
they were supposed to be hit, not to mention their automatic target guns fire that hit even if players were heavy drunk,
but your case is totally different, you were not that lucky....
I believe that your problem is related with server testing and debugging, try to pm Cannon about that.
Wish you luck

Update:

It seems to be fixed now, all by itself.
I can damage NPC's, will see about PC's.

Problem - My guns don't do damage - Pelican - 03-23-2011

In my brief time here I have seen this too.

I was PVPing with a friend, but they couldn't deal any damage to me. It must of lasted about 5/10 minutes then fixed itself, without re-logging. I think we just assumed it was a loss-spike of somekind.

There is a thread somewhere by cannon, about checking your connection to the server or something, might be worth a look.

EDIT: might be worth adding " -lag" (without the speech marks) to you FL shortcut too

Quote:EDIT: might be worth adding " -lag" (without the speech marks) to you FL shortcut too

What does it do?