Discovery Gaming Community
You're nicked mate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: You're nicked mate (/showthread.php?tid=57218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

You're nicked mate - Stuart.croll - 03-23-2011

Just a thought.

This FR5 thing seems a bit naff to me. How would it be if the culprit was banged up for 24 or 48hrs in the Bastille?

Maybe this would be too much hassle for the admins but it would be inRP I guess.

Thoughts?

You're nicked mate - Loken - 03-23-2011

I fail to see the problem with FR5's. Space is big and it's far more likely that someone would lose docking rights than get physically caught when they break the law.

You're nicked mate - sadtranslation - 03-23-2011

I think that roleplaying being FR5'ed is one of the opportunities roleplaying smuggler brings. But... uh, nuff said, my consoledences. Don't know why it's making you sad.

Roleplay with the local Police or Navy - your character has a more or less unique chance to face the full life consequences of being a smuggler. There is always an opportunity of having your repfix revoked if you roleplay it out.

I mean OHNO!!! THE SKIES HAD FALLEN ON ME!!! I'M DAMNED BY THE GREAT ONES OF THE WORLD AND I WILL BURN IN HELL AND MY ROLEPLAY IS CRUSHED AND I CAN'T SMUGGLE CARDAMINE TO MANHATTEN, WILDLIFE TO MUNICH ETC!!! YOU DESTROYED ME!!! - that's wrong.

Come on, it's not a tragedy, it's a chance - you can always have your "deal of a lifetime" with the law.

In case you are not a smuggler - it's all the same - new opportunities or so, except the cases when you really did it wrong.

You're nicked mate - rewritable - 03-23-2011

Yeah, smuggling and consequences, all good and nice, except for the fact that over two threads no-one has bothered to actually define what the current consequences are.

So, I'll just be extremely annoying and ask for the third time.

' Wrote:Anyway, simple question:
To what level is the rep set in case of FR5 due to smuggling (of course, no rules, like ooRP docking, being broken). To -0.9 or -1.0?

You're nicked mate - sadtranslation - 03-23-2011

The difference is - with -0.9 you can just fix your reputation, with -1.0 you'll have to make the local law enforcers pretty happy to get chance to return to where you were.

On the other hand, I'd like to know it as well.

You're nicked mate - Daedric - 03-23-2011

As has been said multiple times on these forums.

That depends on the admin who did the adjustment. -1.0 is what a they should be setting it to for a FR5, but sometimes they just do -0.9. At least that is what I remember them saying.

You're nicked mate - jxie93 - 03-23-2011

Bastille doesn't exist in RP, there's no point in punishing a smuggler by sending him/her to Bastille since no server rules were broken. It's reserved for server rule breakers and Barge buyers only.

FR5 adjustments work perfectly fine, as mentioned before they can sometimes be restored by the individual if done by a specific admin who only set it to 0.9.

You're nicked mate - Hone - 03-23-2011

Rights of official factions

Quote:QUOTE
RIGHT 5) Official factions may request that the reputation of a player's ship be changed to hostile with respect to their NPC faction.

RESPONSIBILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH RIGHT 5

Factions may only do this after they have interacted with the character in role play. Faction leaders should post reputation change requests in the Special Role Play section with a link to the forum evidence.

Example: The LPI could request that a smuggler be made hostile to them but only after conducting some sort of role play around this situation. A role play trial conducted on the forum with the evidence would be a good way to do this. Note that the reputation change may be temporary as the smuggler is free to buy a bribe to fix the reputation.

according to this, rp fr5s are 0.9

You're nicked mate - Alex. - 03-23-2011

Factions giving out sanctions?

Get. Out.

You're nicked mate - Mickk - 03-23-2011

' Wrote:Factions giving out sanctions?

Get. Out.

No, they don't give out sanctions, they REQUEST an FR5.

In order to do that, they need to fill in the appropriate 'paper work' and give it to the Admins for a review.

IF and that's a BIG "if", there is enough evidence to support the request, then it happens.

All of that happens AFTER a roleplay fitting the situation is worked out. To quote a quote from a previous post;
Quote:Example: The LPI could request that a smuggler be made hostile to them but only after conducting some sort of role play around this situation. A role play trial conducted on the forum with the evidence would be a good way to do this. Note that the reputation change may be temporary as the smuggler is free to buy a bribe to fix the reputation.

Before people ask, no, I'm not an Admin, I've just been around long enough to make a pretty good guess at how some of the procedures around here work.

To answer the OP, as someone else has mentioned, Bastille doesn't exist in the RP for this server, it is only there as a place to put people who are causing problems on the server.