Discovery Gaming Community
Connection problem - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Connection problem (/showthread.php?tid=57472)

Pages: 1 2

Connection problem - Alucard92 - 03-27-2011

OK
First of all hello fellow freelancer addicts.
I got a massive problem that i cant fix no matter what i do -> cant connect to ANY server at all
This is what i have tried
-Run as admin
-disable AV
-make exception in WFW
-disable WFW
-open ports in router (Huawei SmartAX mt882 (smart yea rite...))
-change compatibility
-restart rounter/modem
-restart pc
-do fresh install of FLMM + FL and try again
-LF other topics
-disable IPv6
-contact ISP for possible blocking problems

absolutely NONE of the above helped, i still cant connect to any of the servers, i get the message "The server is possibly offline at the moment please try later" or its sth like that

I know that MS shut down GS a few years back, i got the workaround and its working good, the problem is i cant actually connect anywhere, and im out of ideas, whatever i try aint working, like the damn machine is taunting me to smash it to bits

if anyone at all has any clue on how can i fix this please reply, thx in advance.

Connection problem - 11of10 - 03-27-2011

I think I had a similar problem when I was using Vista. If I'm not mistaken Direct Connect part of DirectX is taken away in Vista, so there's a bunch of older games that don't work. However, it's been a while since it happened, and I think I solved it by going with different version of Windows. Currently I'm using Win7 X64 and it works perfectly.

My simptoms where: Unable to connect, just like you, while clearly seeing the servers,
and,
When connected, I'd suffer enormous lags, that'd bring me to lagging out, almost all the time.

Funny fact was I could fly around New London, but most of the rest of the Sirius was
out of the question.
In any case, good luck

' Wrote:I think I had a similar problem when I was using Vista. If I'm not mistaken Direct Connect part of DirectX is taken away in Vista, so there's a bunch of older games that don't work. However, it's been a while since it happened, and I think I solved it by going with different version of Windows. Currently I'm using Win7 X64 and it works perfectly.

My simptoms where: Unable to connect, just like you, while clearly seeing the servers,
and,
When connected, I'd suffer enormous lags, that'd bring me to lagging out, almost all the time.

Funny fact was I could fly around New London, but most of the rest of the Sirius was
out of the question.
In any case, good luck
Ok ill try updating my DirectX who knows....

didnt work

Connection problem - Cannon - 03-28-2011

Don't disable the AV, remove it completely and try that. Just disabling it will not work for most AV programs on vista.

I recommend MS Security Essentials (it is free) on vista and the default windows firewall.

Connection problem - Enoch - 03-28-2011

Maybe you should to try to download Vista Service Pack 2.
I know I couldn't connect before I installed it.

Connection problem - 11of10 - 03-28-2011

Yes! SP2! I think I read later somewhere that it should help. Updating DX itself doesn't help tho.

Connection problem - Alucard92 - 03-28-2011

' Wrote:Yes! SP2! I think I read later somewhere that it should help. Updating DX itself doesn't help tho.

K, thx for the replies, downloading SP2 as im typing right now, will come back when installation is done.

"Don't disable the AV, remove it completely and try that. Just disabling it will not work for most AV programs on vista."

Do this!!! It is 99% of the time the reason....

"I know that MS shut down GS a few years back, i got the workaround and its working good, the problem is i cant actually connect anywhere, and im out of ideas, whatever i try aint working, like the damn machine is taunting me to smash it to bits"

Also if you have installed a GS work around, you'll probably have broken the mod installation. The mod does not need the workaround.