Discovery Gaming Community
got a few problems - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: got a few problems (/showthread.php?tid=57492)

got a few problems - GaryStargazer - 03-28-2011

I really hope this is the right area to post this, i've not been around in the forums in ages.

Anyway me and a friend recently decided to play freelancer again, I installed it no problem however I tried making my own server with the server work around patch.

Whenever my server comes up though the server IP is garbled and doesn't look anything like an IP address.

Additionally my friend installed the game on his new laptop which has win 7 on it. The game runs fine for the most part, however when he tries to go online it won't give him a player ID code, the box is just blank.

Hopefully someone can help me with this. ><

got a few problems - Hielor - 03-28-2011

' Wrote:I really hope this is the right area to post this, i've not been around in the forums in ages.

Anyway me and a friend recently decided to play freelancer again, I installed it no problem however I tried making my own server with the server work around patch.

Whenever my server comes up though the server IP is garbled and doesn't look anything like an IP address.
Additionally my friend installed the game on his new laptop which has win 7 on it. The game runs fine for the most part, however when he tries to go online it won't give him a player ID code, the box is just blank.

As for the "IP being garbled," is it showing you an IPv6 address?

Don't know about the ID code box, sorry.

got a few problems - Mickk - 03-28-2011

' Wrote:I really hope this is the right area to post this, i've not been around in the forums in ages.

Yes, this is the correct place to ask for help. :)

Number one, DO NOT USE THE WORK AROUND.

The Disco mod has that all looked after.

Here is a link to a page that should help you sort everything out --> http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642

This guide is written by one of the main Admins here, Cannon.
It will tell you how to install the Disco mod on your computer and your friends Win 7 system.
Heck I followed this very same guide to install Disco on MY Win 7 laptop.

That page should sort everything out for you.
Good luck.

got a few problems - GaryStargazer - 03-29-2011

well install disco did seem to help with the garbled IP, sort of ... it happens from time to time still...

However my friend installed all this and it still won't give him a new account code when he selects multiplayer.

got a few problems - Mickk - 03-29-2011

' Wrote:well install disco did seem to help with the garbled IP, sort of ... it happens from time to time still...

However my friend installed all this and it still won't give him a new account code when he selects multiplayer.

Quote from post number four in the thread I told you about.

Quote:Problem 4: Funny IP addresses

IPv6 is the new IP standard protocol that's set to default in Windows Vista, when Freelancer uses IPv4. Please note only follow the following tutorial if you're having problems connecting to the server. Example of the problem: Hex coding replacing the IP, "2001:0db8:85a3:08d3:1319:8a2e:0370:7334" instead of "82.113.48.5:2302".

Disable IPv6.

Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections > Identify which is connected (says connected etc), then right click and pick Properties > In the list, untick Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6).

If you have multiple networks that are connected, even if you don't think it's affecting anything, and even one of them has IPv6 enabled, FLServer could use that one to host, causing the IPv6 address to be shown.
Disabling IPv6 on all connections you have that are enabled solves the problem.

That should sort out that problem for you.

It sounds like your friend did not uninstall freelancer completely as suggested.
I'm not saying that he didn't, that's just what it sounds like.

A 'clean' install of freelancer *should* give you the option to change your account code when you go to play multiplayer for the first time.

If your friend DID uninstall freelancer, then re-install it, a more serious method may be required to fix the problem.
He may need to manually edit the registry and I think someone more qualified than I am is needed to guide you through how to do that.

got a few problems - Osilon - 03-31-2011

d73adefc-79689b50-0050c301-ba9d7bd8

Give him this and see if it works. It should, hopefully.

got a few problems - Cannon - 03-31-2011

There's an account ID generator floating around the forum somewhere...