Discovery Gaming Community
Maquis - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Maquis (/showthread.php?tid=57524)

Pages: 1 2

Maquis - Scytho. - 03-28-2011

[Image: MaquisLogo.png]

The Maquis:
The Maquis are a terrorist group consisting largely former members of The Council who use terrorist acts and assassinations to attempt to help remove the Gallic Monarchy from power. Their actions range from the bombing of government targets to cargo piracy and general disruption of Royalist activity. The Maquis have also played an important role in the Second Gallic War, fighting with the Council against the Gallic Royal Navy and helping gain the assistance of other Gallic unlawfuls in supplying Council war efforts.

In the early 7th century A.G.S., the Maquis were responsible for a series of massive explosions that killed over two thousand civilians in Gallic cities. This harmed the Council's reputation so much that all Maquis were expelled and had to seek new bases of operation. Their actions have earned them the respect of the Gallic Brigands and Unione Corse. Both of who consider them to be what The Council should be, and a model of how to fight the Royalists.

While the Council draw the support from some traders and corporations of Gallia, as well as a few Political persons, the Maquis are openly despised by most. Since the Maquis left the Council, the Maquis have openly admitted to a lot of terrorist acts, no all of which were truly them, yet their brutal efficiency in the way they kill and their operations. If someone freely supports the Crown, even so much as organizing aid packages for soldiers- they could be targeted by the Maquis. They give no mercy to those they view as threats, and do not hesitate to kill anyone in their way and while they will not go out of their way to harm civilians not actively supporting the Crown, they have no pity for any caught in the crossfire.

Ranks:
General en Chef:
The General en Chef is the highest ranked individual in the entire Council Navy. He retains absolute authority over all the Council's Navy assets, unless overruled by all the members of the High Command. He can command any vessel at the Maquis'€™ disposal.

Commandant:
The Commandant rank is somewhat a bridge between the High and Mid Command. The officers bearing it have usually proven their worth within the Maquis on numerous occasions and are war-steeled veterans of the fleet. They can command any vessel.

Capitaine:
Capitaines make up the Lower Command. They are seasoned veterans, responsible for relaying orders and information to the lower structure. They keep the majority of the force in line, undertaking training duties and other disciplinary matters.

Sergent:
Sergents are former Caporals that have proven their leadership capabilities, and are given the task of commanding the new Aspirants and Caporals in space. They can fly any snub-craft (fighters, bombers) at the Maquis'€™ disposal.

Caporal:
The Caporal rank is the most common amongst the Maquis. Caporals make up the mainstay of any fighting force after proving themselves worthy, useful and reliable enough to become a full part of the organisation. They can fly any fighters at the Maquis'€™ disposal.

Aspirant:
Aspirants are individuals who have just enlisted in the Maquis. They are to prove themselves to be a worthy addition to it before they can achieve the rank of Caporal. They are only allowed to fly light fighters.

ZOI:

Obviously staying in Gallia, with the exception of around the Reunion Council station in Orkney

Maquis - teschy - 03-28-2011

Apart from the fact that you copy-pasted the ranks from the Council post it's good to see a Maquis faction around.:P

Maquis - VoluptaBox - 03-28-2011

Uhm..the ranks are the same from the Council. You didn't even change the description, it says "Highest rank in the Council navy" at some point >_>

Also, since you're pretty new here...there's already a Maquis faction, Les Franc-Tirreurs, I think. Why not join that instead of making your own faction?

Cheers:)

Edit: got ninja'd.

Ah, yes I did copy the Council ranks, well, some of them. After all, the Maquis were part of the Council. But thanks for pointing it out, I'll get to changing that.

Also, there WAS a Maquis faction, but it collapsed, so I'm here to start it back up.

Maquis - teschy - 03-28-2011

Well using the same ranks does make sense, but you could at least alter the descriptions a bit. I doubt anyone has anything against that.

Ph wait, Expect some major re-drafts, I'm talking with the owner of Les Franc now. Hopefully I can get a mixture of some stuff

Maquis - VoluptaBox - 03-28-2011

Wait, Les Francs collapsed? :mellow:

Yeah

And with that, I'm off for the night. I have been given permissions to use stuff from the Les Franc group to help create this. Hopefully I can come up with something to please everyone!

Maquis - .:Polarkreis:. - 03-28-2011

Gallia is the most time empty, basically without any activity, not to mention occasional and rare appearance of some official factions low in numbers. To start another faction in Gallia is a waste of time,the most time you will be in, you will only have to play with your own clanmates...sad but true. Not worth if you ask me. A lot of them spawned and in a month or two gone for good...:(

Well, I'm the leader of the Maquis on te UK server, I would like to think that I can do it. I have had plenty of good feedback from various people, so I'm hopeful. If idly dosnt work though, then at least I tried.