Discovery Gaming Community
I want to buy a new cell phone - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: I want to buy a new cell phone (/showthread.php?tid=57749)

Pages: 1 2 3

I want to buy a new cell phone - Cannon - 04-02-2011

I've finally decided to buy a new cell phone. I've always been happy with using a phone only for ... phone calls but I'm thinking about a smarter phone, i.e. iphone or android or something.

My wife has a iphone 4; good apps, crap for phone calls.

Does anybody have a good android phone? What did it cost, does it work ..is it as good as a iphone?

I want to use email - gmail primarily, maybe skype, calendar, text messages and NOT angry stupid birds.

I want to buy a new cell phone - Hielor - 04-02-2011

' Wrote:I've finally decided to buy a new cell phone. I've always been happy with using a phone only for ... phone calls but I'm thinking about a smarter phone, i.e. iphone or android or something.

My wife has a iphone 4; good apps, crap for phone calls.

Does anybody have a good android phone? What did it cost, does it work ..is it as good as a iphone?

I want to use email - gmail primarily, maybe skype, calendar, text messages and NOT angry stupid birds.
I've had a Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7) since November and have been overall pretty happy with it (moved from dumbphones/featurephones, this is my first smartphone). Angry birds isn't available for the platform yet, so you're safe there:P

I want to buy a new cell phone - The.Outlaw.Star - 04-02-2011

funny you ask i sell phones for a living at Best Buy :D

Well iam guessing you have AT&T since your wife has the Iphone (Yes i know its out for Verizon too).\

as far as AT&T goes if your wanting android i would go with the HTC Inspire 4G it has a 1GHz processor 8MP Camera, Android 2.2 with the new sense UI technology. and a 4.3 in screen i believe. Its a really nice phone!

Or you can go Moto Atrix with its Duel core 1 GB Ram. Its running moto blur tho, its still android but just more of Motorolas own twist. I wouldn't get this unless you plan on getting the HD dock or Laptop dock or else its power is worthless.

As for the Iphone.....iam not even going to waste my time talking about it.

if you dont have AT&T let me know i suggest some others.

I want to buy a new cell phone - Jeremy Hunter - 04-02-2011

Samsung Fascinate, Android phone, currently what I'm posting with.

I want to buy a new cell phone - Sabas - 04-02-2011

If you want it to be usefull the latest blackberry storm is awesome. Its for the working man and it has apps and doesn't suck!

I might switch to one once I go to Philly for college to have my own secure lines to chat ect.

I want to buy a new cell phone - Cannon - 04-02-2011

I don't have AT&T or Verizon..different country but most phones/models are available here, so I'm pretty much interested in anything.

I want to buy a new cell phone - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 04-02-2011

HTC Diamond. Simply tne best, imho.

I want to buy a new cell phone - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 04-02-2011

HTC Diamond. Simply tne best, imho.

I want to buy a new cell phone - Exsiled_one - 04-02-2011

Got HTC desire, love it, cherish it and it runs well.

For example comparing it to Iphone 4 (friend has it) the Iphone has better fluid, or should i say the whole thing just runs 2-5% smoother because of the interior memory Iphone has.

While HTC relies on the SD cards. Buying a great SD card removes that issue as well. The mobile phone as a mobile phone is great, it's battery tends to be bit dry but if you charge it nightly or every second night you should be more than fine.

Applications are numerous and things are joy to watch on it. Buying HTC desire HD will outclass the Iphone 4 and bring a smile to your face with their awesome 8megapixel camera. Besides that there's a samsung coming out with dual core processor but I doubt anyone wants to buy that atm.

One thing to suggest would be a tablet like samsung galaxy or similar things accompanied by a bluetooth handsfree set so you do not even have to take that big thing out in public. LOL LOL

either way it's true. Tablet is way better with same performance so if you do not spend a lot of time outside near a big crowd and you're not afraid to get laughed at i suggest an android 3.0 tablet =)

I want to buy a new cell phone - Foochow - 04-02-2011

HTC Desire rulez. I don't have it but my uncle does. It's awsum. He is on facebook nonstop and on skype too. It's nice looking android phone:P