Discovery Gaming Community
I just found something incredibly wonderful. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: I just found something incredibly wonderful. (/showthread.php?tid=58024)

I just found something incredibly wonderful. - Chev - 04-06-2011

Yes. Found the "World of Goo" few days ago. I'm in the beginning of the Chapter 3 right now...

And the only thing I can say about the game is...

It's THE MASTERPIECE.

I'm not sure is that guy who created that game is the most talented genius or the most talented fool... but he managed to create such wonderful game from single concept: building and physics.

Have you tried it?

P.S.: Ye. And the soundtrack is incredible.

I just found something incredibly wonderful. - Mickk - 04-06-2011

' Wrote:Yes. Found the "World of Goo" few days ago. I'm in the beginning of the Chapter 3 right now...

And the only thing I can say about the game is...

It's THE MASTERPIECE.

I'm not sure is that guy who created that game is the most talented genius or the most talented fool... but he managed to create such wonderful game from single concept: building and physics.

Have you tried it?

P.S.: Ye. And the soundtrack is incredible.
I've heard of this game before at some point, but never followed it up.

Getting the DEMO now.

If it's as good as you say, I may even part with some of my hard earned dollars to buy the full version.

I just found something incredibly wonderful. - nunchakus - 04-06-2011

Played that game till the end, very nice and very creative. Not to mention made by indies.

' Wrote:I've heard of this game before at some point, but never followed it up.

Getting the DEMO now.

If it's as good as you say, I may even part with some of my hard earned dollars to buy the full version.

Some people from youtube gave a comment that DEMO is not worth of the game or something like that. It just don't show the full beauty of it.

' Wrote:

Some people from youtube gave a comment that DEMO is not worth of the game or something like that. It just don't show the full beauty of it.

I dunno, I've played up to "Impale the sticky" or whatever it is, the one with the spinning devices that make the Goo go splat if they hit them.

I have played that level half a dozen times so far, so the game DOES have something that is keeping me playing.

Still haven't beaten that level, although I do have the idea of HOW to beat it.

Getting the method right is proving to be tricky.

The whole concept of the game is simple; build a 'structure' using the Goo in order to reach the pipe, so that the left over Goo can go to 'Goo Corporation', for whatever purpose.

I've found that games with very simple concepts are often THE most fun to play.
This looks like being one of those.

' Wrote:I dunno, I've played up to "Impale the sticky" or whatever it is, the one with the spinning devices that make the Goo go splat if they hit them.

I have played that level half a dozen times so far, so the game DOES have something that is keeping me playing.

Still haven't beaten that level, although I do have the idea of HOW to beat it.

Getting the method right is proving to be tricky.

The whole concept of the game is simple; build a 'structure' using the Goo in order to reach the pipe, so that the left over Goo can go to 'Goo Corporation', for whatever purpose.

I've found that games with very simple concepts are often THE most fun to play.
This looks like being one of those.

Ye. The more far you're going the more tricky situations you encounter. Sometimes, everything looks quite simple, but later you realize it's harder than you expect. Some of the levels requires speed and reaction as well.

And yeah... the music...

P.S.: It even made me to change my avatar :laugh:

' Wrote:

Ye. The more far you're going the more tricky situations you encounter. Sometimes, everything looks quite simple, but later you realize it's harder than you expect. Some of the levels requires speed and reaction as well.

And yeah... the music...

P.S.: It even made me to change my avatar :laugh:

Heh, you should change your name to....Gooble. :P

Kidding.

Gotta admit that the eyes make it look weird.

Needs a hat or maybe a mustache or goofy teeth or something.
You could do an amazing amount of stuff with it.

' Wrote:Heh, you should change your name to....Gooble. :P

Kidding.

Gotta admit that the eyes make it look weird.

Needs a hat or maybe a mustache or goofy teeth or something.
You could do an amazing amount of stuff with it.

I really planned to change my name to Ball of Goo or just Goo... or something like that:D
However... I'm a bit afraid of making such stuff... people already knows me as Chev :unsure: ...

I just found something incredibly wonderful. - jakub963 - 04-06-2011

Played it... finished it...
Almost cried from its epicness...
I have whole OST downloaded and burned on CD... It wakes me up every morning...

I just found something incredibly wonderful. - the real dutch - 04-06-2011

sorry but nothing beats "little big planet", that game makes me happy every time i play it