Discovery Gaming Community
Open letter to LSF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Open letter to LSF (/showthread.php?tid=5806)

Open letter to LSF - Doom - 01-26-2008

I am president Vladimir Abelard.

Today unfortunate incident happened in New York, in front of Manhattan planet.

Our 3 vipers pilots who came into New York in search of some cylon signatures we picked up on scanners were attacked by LSF forces without any provocation from our side. They weren't even given the chance to explain what they were doing there before they were attacked. Our Viper leader ordered our vipers to stop firing, and he got shot from one of yours pilots.

Now i do not care how much problems you might have in your systems, but we do not look kindly at threats and attacks, especially to someone you called for help numerous times. Your actions made severe damage to friendship between our factions.

So, i call for your leadership...to state your intentions...cause this has gone to far.

Open letter to LSF - Yngen - 01-26-2008

A damn fool thing...

//do it here IC everyone involved//

Open letter to LSF - Spear - 01-26-2008

IMG pilots..

So you think it acceptble to violate Z21 then sit in orbit of Manhattan insulting Liberty forces! On asked to leave more feeble bravado ensues. What are IMG pilots doing in Liberty space insulting Liberty pilots?

You are/were appreciated allies, since when did that turn into the right to insult Libertonians in their own space? Until an official apology is received you are very unwelcome within Liberty. Is that understood? Or do I need a kitchen appliance to explain that to you?

Capt Dan Carpenter
LSF Combat Instructor

Open letter to LSF - Epholl - 01-26-2008

//OOC: Yngens link had to be this I believe: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11022

Open letter to LSF - Doom - 01-27-2008

' Wrote:IMG pilots..

So you think it acceptble to violate Z21 then sit in orbit of Manhattan insulting Liberty forces! On asked to leave more feeble bravado ensues. What are IMG pilots doing in Liberty space insulting Liberty pilots?

You are/were appreciated allies, since when did that turn into the right to insult Libertonians in their own space? Until an official apology is received you are very unwelcome within Liberty. Is that understood? Or do I need a kitchen appliance to explain that to you?

Capt Dan Carpenter
LSF Combat Instructor

I think you are mistaken. First of all, LSF didn't fire on IMG pilots, but rather on Colonial ones. There is a difference. Also, it was your pilots who insulted our pilots, so you will not get any apologies.
Your words show great disrespect, so i here by break any alignments and ties we might have in the past until i get reassurance that this kind of behavior will not continue. I will not tolerate such behavior towards my pilots or myself from mere combat instructor. Further more, i strongly advise that you think twice before opening fire on my pilots, despite they didn't do anything wrong, because there will be hell to pay. Please, do not treat my words like a threat, but like a fact.

I am rather peaceful man, but disrespect i wont tolerate. This incident made me more outraged then attack from worst of our enemies on our home system.
Now, either i can speak here with your admiral, or this conversation is over......

Open letter to LSF - Turkish - 01-27-2008

[Incoming Message]
[Comm ID: Fleet Admiral Richard Woolsey]
[Begin Message]

To the commander of the CR forces,

While this remains an LSF incident it does reflect on all of Liberty. The Navy included and as such felt the need to dip my head into this and ask some key questions. By what right do you think you can pursue a target to the heart of Liberty in a military action? This is a breach of our borders and sovereignty by no small means. I do expect a full and detailed explanation as to what makes you think you can fly through national borders to violate Liberty sovereignty as well as countermand already operating military personnel. It is a serious violation for you to have transgressed our borders and embroiled yourself in a conflict with Liberty forces, this will not be forgotten.

Furthermore while you carry IMG ID identifiers you will be treated accordingly by Naval Forces, as IMG pilots. Consider your own attitude and diplomatic responsibilities as well before making accusations of good men and women serving their nation. When you insult the LSF, you insult us all. We are one nation, so tread carefully.

Woolsey out.

[End Message]

Open letter to LSF - sn!p3r - 01-27-2008

Comm ID: Brian Copeland, LSF Director.

Message begins

I was not there to witness what happened, but i do know is that i won't tolerate being insulted. Daniel, they are friendly/allied, with us. From what i heard you opened fire on them, i will also not tolerate that, you may like to cause a blood bath but keep it out of liberty. Engaging your weapons on each other in front of the capital of liberty, won't do you any good.

Now.. CR, you are still more than welcome throughout liberty, you are not welcome to be in liberty insulting the people who protect it. you are not welcome in restricted military zones. I do not wish for our terms of diplomacy to go down. If you wish to access our military zones, you better have a darn good reason to.

This matter is under investigation. Until then, Both sides will be under surveillance. If shots are fired on another friendly ship again daniel, you will spend 3 weeks in a holding cell.

That is all,

Brian Copeland, Director of The Liberty Security Force.

Message Ends

Open letter to LSF - Doom - 01-27-2008

I thank you Director.
We will keep out of your restricted zones, as we did before. But i will repeat, we weren't in New York with bad intentions.

As for Fleet Admiral Richard Woolsey's message i can say only this; we didn't insult anybody, or make any hostile or millitary action, neither we would with out help and/or consent from Liberty forces. If you do not, we do respect our friends and allies, and we do call them same names like they call themselves.

Abelard out

Open letter to LSF - Yngen - 01-27-2008

The diplomatic envoy from Tau-44 walked along the grand anteroom outside Manhattan's congressional hall. Not far off he noticed the Liberty representative that was part of the cabinet commitee he had delivered President Abelard's message to. He seemed to be heading for the space port. Seeing an opportunity in the encounter, the Colonial envoy made his way through the crowd to his counterpart.

"Excuse me, I apologize, do you have a moment?"

"Oh, hello ambassador. Don't you have a transport to catch?"

"Yes, but not for a few hours, I was wondering if I could speak with you privately...I'll buy lunch."

The Libertonian looked at his watch. The high level meeting hadn't lasted as long as he thought it would, which meant he could get back home to his family sooner. Normally he would have declined lunch with a foreign diplomat who was obviously looking for a back door into the President's office but something about the man's earnestness told him to rethink.

"Sure, I didn't need to leave early anyways, where did you have in mind?"

The Colonial looked around with a searching glance...

"Nevermind, I know all the best places to eat anyways. I'll pick, you buy."

"Deal."

The two government servants took the mag-lev train two blocks east to a restraunt that specialized in old-Earth Indian food. A dark-haired woman with a red dot on her forehead seated them in a booth. The two ordered and were soon left alone.

The Colonial spoke up first:

"I thought the negotiations went surprisingly well, don't you?"

"They were short, and I'm not exactly sure what your President intended to do, but we seem none the worse off on either side."

"Yes, I thanked the Gods nothing larger became of it. My president can be hot headed at times as you can see. But I'm sure you know I didn't come here to recount the blustering of politicions across the stars..."

"I guessed as much."

"I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of speaking with some of your law enforcement officers about the encounter you had in the Alaska system. Don't worry, they were sufficiently tight lipped about their procedures but they did admit to suffering a computer shut down during the encounter, which resulted in the loss of one of your fighters."

"Whoever it was that told you that took a great chance with his career. In most circles thats a class A violation of the information security act. But go on."

"Don't be so hard on the man, he showed genuine concern for the well being of his nation. That, and I'm an old cat when it comes to speaking with military types, I can see through the BS quite clearly. Now I'm sure your president has been fully breifed on the encounter, and I don't think this is the first time you have had to deal with Cylons is it? Again, no need to answer that. Allow me to be blunt. You, and everyone else in Liberty, are in grave danger."

The Libertonian coughed, then took a pull from his drink.

"I forgot how hot the food here is."

"Yes, is reminds me of the cuisine on Scorpio, very tasty. You might find what I have to say hard to believe. That one lone fighter could spell the destruction of Liberty and the rest of humanity in Sirius, but since that message did not get conveyed between our two government's posturing and bickering I am coming to you with it. As two humble servants, you and I are the kind of people who will prevent another Cylon atrocity in Sirius. I will point out a few items for you, so take another drink before you choke. Our fleet has already intercepted numerous cylon vessels in the Tau systems flying Lane hacker ships. I have studied your on going problems with those Computer hackers in Magellan. Quite a run they've given you. Now, consider a foe of the same ilk, but a thousand times more insidious, more completely unstoppable in terms of computer system security. There is no known human-written software that can counter a cylon virus. And your Hacker friends seem very keen to get their hands on that technology. Imagine a Liberty where Lane Hackers had complete control over your entire information network! Not just information mining from trade lanes, but access to your revenue service, your military mainframes, your strategic weaponry...the list goes on. You see? You may think we were foolish to enter your Zone 21, and we know you have secrets there you don't wish to get out, but we fear a greater foe than our own hubris. For that there is no crevasse in Sirius secret enough to keep us from pursuing the Cylon."

The Colonial stopped for a moment to let that sink into his counterpart's conciousness. He watched the man, looked into his eyes and saw the implications taking form there. The Colonial thought there might be hope yet if this honorable young man could see reason, perhaps others could too.

"I won't take any more of your time, but before I go I have one more thing to say. President Abelard has told your superiors that Colonial forces won't enter Zone 21 again, or other restricted areas. I'm telling you now that he was telling you the truth. But you should also know there are other more radical elements within our fleet who do not share our President's views in foreign affairs. If the Cylons wish to make Liberty the staging ground for their final assault, we will be there to stop them."

The Colonial left payment ont he table and stood up. He bowed to the Libertonian in the traditional Scorpian manner.

"Thank you for this wonderful meal my friend. Enjoy your days on this wonderful planet. If you should ever need a friendly face to speak to in Tau-44, come to me. Good day."

The Colonial left the restraunt and boarded his transport. The Libertonian watched the man leave with the unmistakeable feeling that a profound responsibility had been laid on his shoulders. A responsibility his superiors did not and would not feel. It was up to him....'sheesh, he was just a 9 to 5 cabinet advisor... Hackers and Cylons? That guy was a nut job!' The argument between responsibility and disbelief raged in the young man's mind all the way back to his transport, and would not resolve itself no matter how much he avoided the thought. Every computer system he saw around him, the automatic payment machine in the mag lev, the huristic advertisement windows that followed him around every shopping complex...all these integrated and networked computer systems controlling their lives..with the complete trust of the people using them. The Libertonian shook off the conspiracy theory hysteria and continued home. Enough crazy for today.

Open letter to LSF - Spear - 01-27-2008

' Wrote:Comm ID: Brian Copeland, LSF Director.

Message begins

I was not there to witness what happened, but i do know is that i won't tolerate being insulted. Daniel, they are friendly/allied, with us. From what i heard you opened fire on them, i will also not tolerate that, you may like to cause a blood bath but keep it out of liberty. Engaging your weapons on each other in front of the capital of liberty, won't do you any good.

Now.. CR, you are still more than welcome throughout liberty, you are not welcome to be in liberty insulting the people who protect it. you are not welcome in restricted military zones. I do not wish for our terms of diplomacy to go down. If you wish to access our military zones, you better have a darn good reason to.

This matter is under investigation. Until then, Both sides will be under surveillance. If shots are fired on another friendly ship again daniel, you will spend 3 weeks in a holding cell.

That is all,

Brian Copeland, Director of The Liberty Security Force.

Message Ends

Understood Director

I offer an apology to the CR pilots involved, I took offense to their attitude having just spent a considerable amount of time fighting a Cylon who was forced to withdraw against massive odds. The insult I percieved was not as bad as I took it but upon being requested to leave the area the CR pilots refused to move. It is regretable that I opened fire but during the incident they stated their intention to leave and I stopped firing.
I was then attacked by one CR Viper that obviously decided he was not leaving and the fight resumed. A temporal anomaly formed and swept our encounter away. On my ship systems re-boot the CR ships were no longer within Liberty borders.

Capt Dan Carpenter
LSF Combat Instructor