Discovery Gaming Community
Discussion about BSG's roleplay. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Discussion about BSG's roleplay. (/showthread.php?tid=5822)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Discussion about BSG's roleplay. - chopper - 01-27-2008

Well, i wanted to post this for a long time.
I want this community to comment on =BSG= roleplay in recent time, specifically the time after the old BSG broke in two pieces.
I would like this community to give any suggestions for improving =BSG= roleplay.
For example, should we ditch Codes/Nomads, should we change the ID, or should we stop existing.
Of course, that doesn't mean that it will stop existing, I just want to hear the community opinions.

All suggestions are welcome.
All criticism is welcome, especially constructive one.
All accusations about some things are welcome.
All questions are welcome, and i will do my best to answer them.

Some of you might ask yourselves why should i post a thread like this, and here is the answer.
I need to know how people feel about our roleplay.
We don't exist just to fill our need to conquer this server with BSG ideas.
We are here to try and make the RP of this community better.
I know lot of you hate BSG because it is related to the show.
The answer to this is that we are doing our best to stick more to FL's RP.
We are renamed from "Battlestar Galactica" to "Battlestar Group".
This name is not related to the show, because Battlestar is a Battleship in Discovery mod.
Anyway, i won't answer all your questions before they are asked, so please, here is Your turn.

And, i would like to ask the people to stick to arguments/facts.
Discussion is good, even if it is a harsh one.
But don't flame without any need to do such thing.

And i would remind you that BSG is not official faction.
Just saying this so Hood doesn't jump in the thread with that announcement:)
This is not a faction proposal or anything similar, so please don't take it as such.

Thank you.

Discussion about BSG's roleplay. - SimonBlack - 01-27-2008

I think you fly IMG tagged. I also know that you aren't vanilla IMG. However, I treat you same as =CR= due to lack of RP information.

Suggestion. Make your role well known.

' Wrote:I think you fly IMG tagged. I also know that you aren't vanilla IMG. However, I treat you same as =CR= due to lack of RP information.

Suggestion. Make your role well known.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=9061&st=0

Read few posts on top.
I believe we are sufficiently different from the =CR=, and i believe they can confirm it.
We are sometimes grouped, we do sometimes fight together, but we are not the same thing.
We are not vanilla IMG, correct.
Any other questions, please post them.

Respectfully.

Discussion about BSG's roleplay. - Jinx - 01-27-2008

i haven t had very much contact with the BSG, nor with the new CR. while i think its a bit strange to fit the shows setting into freelancer, it worked out OK. - mostly cause people treat the BSG like IMG, i guess. now, BSG is a mostly peaceful faction with very little random pvp, as far as i know.. so you don t mess with other people and don t upset other people other than those that know they are hostile. so there is nothing to complain. the roleplay as such is very good - stories, your own society etc. ( from what i see in the posts ) - the diplomacy is good and plausible, and people take it serious. the faction is strong enough to exist, too.

now, about critizism - i am not really aware ( i haven t read the faction description, i must admit ) if you are still "searching for a place to settle down" or if you have allready settled down somewhere - as i think the cause of the BSG is to find a new home.
forgive me if i mess CR and BSG up now - if you have indeed formed a hirachy within the faciton with the president on top of all, it is most likely to become something like a 5th houseforce - not as great in power, but with the same legitimate status - a lawful realm, with its own traders, politicians and military.

developement in the selfunderstanding of the role is the way to go, i think. colonists have arrived somewhere they can settle down. cylons have followed, but its not the show anymore - there are not only a handful of poorly equipped humans around, but a whole sector of humans that are powerful enough to even ignore the cylons - or worse, deal with them.

what i would like the BSG to become is indeed something like a 5th house. ( small scale ) it is one of the very few factions that is not some rebellious or seperatist faction - and it has the ambition to establish permanent links to the forces existant in sirius, i think.
as far as i know, no other non-original playerfaction has those ambitions, they are all rather terrorists, guardians or in a wider understanding - mercenaries. the ID as miners is OK - they are independent and are allways looking for new space to harvest, or even settle down. its not a long way from an independent miner to a full grown citizen somewhere in space. - the only other ID i could think of is zoners, but they are not really a community, so IMG fits much better.

future plans:
it would be nice to see the BSG to aquire a system at some point ( included some worthy traderuns in and out of the system, so that there is a believable economy ) and build up a lawful force in some part of sirius, sort of a mini house.

edit: about coming from the TV show - the setting here in freelancer is too different from the show to really copy the show. so for me BSG is only a name like many others. in other words - i don t care that it originates from a TV show much. ( allthough it would be cooler to get rid of the battlestars and vipers:)- or modify their looks ... but it doesn t feel like one part of the players are playing freelancer and the others are playing battlestar galactica - so its all good )

Discussion about BSG's roleplay. - Daniel_Feenix - 01-27-2008

' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=9061&st=0

Read few posts on top.
I believe we are sufficiently different from the =CR=, and i believe they can confirm it.
We are sometimes grouped, we do sometimes fight together, but we are not the same thing.
We are not vanilla IMG, correct.
Any other questions, please post them.

Respectfully.
While it's true that =BSG= and =CR= are not "vanilla" IMG, that is the ID that your factions have chosen and you should be following its parameters. For example; the ID forbids participation in military operations yet =CR= launches regular attacks on Omicron Alpha, and their sending of a small force into Liberty space to take out a =CYLON= I would also consider a military operation. The ID also doesn't allow it's owner to scan traders for contraband so it's none of =BSG= or =CR='s business if contraband is being smuggled through Tau space.

Frankly, Discovery would be much better of if all three factions disappeared.

BSG is a bit different from CR exactly in those points.
CR is an entire community (just as the old BSG), with Traders, Military, President, Admiral etc.
BSG (new one) started as a Battlestar Group, searching for it's lost Battlestar.
The story will continue very soon, there is no sign or trace of that Battlestar, so we need to settle down somewhere.
We are accepted on Java, so we are acting in Tau-23 and Tau-37 mainly.
We are developing slowly, and the proof for that is that we are no longer military only.
We have our own Miners now, who are Mining Nioblium and selling it.
They sometimes even trade, but not with the Trader ID, but with IMG ID.
So, if people encounter a BSG trader, they can legally shoot him down, without asking for tax.
I think that fits better.
It would be silly to see an Outcast taxing instead of killing a BSG trader/miner.
On other side, i don't know how moral is to shoot down a trader, without giving it a chance to pay.
But, i leave that to our enemies to decide, they can choose to kill our traders, or to tax them.
It all depends on them.

About the system, that is not really possible.
Yes, i hoped that we get one of the empty systems in one of the next few patches (i thought of Orkney, it is an empty system connected to Tau-23), but i don't really think we will be official 'till then.
And being official is a must for buying a system.

We stick to our enemies, yes.
Outcasts, NovaPG (not all dragons are enemies, we stick to IMG NPC diplomacy as well), HF (not all Hackers are enemies as well), Keepers, QCO (if they decide to intrude Taus, we will probably never attack them, it is silly for "Miners" to attack one of the strongest Houses in Sirius. I know, we have done this once, but it will not happen again.)

As i said, we are slowly developing to something more then just a Military group, although in Military way we are still just a fighter group.
We fly nothing except Vipers and Taiidans.

About the ID, the alternative to IMG was a generic Military ID.
I don't like that at all i must say, and we will probably never switch to that one.
Why? Well, because IMG ID is in our tradition, and i have a certain problems with Generic ID's as such.
If i was to ask, they wouldn't exist at all.
Because, in my eyes, Generic ID's are way less RP then original ones.
I don't see anything wrong in IMG ID.
Yes, if we would become official, there would be 2 IMG factions.
Some people introduce that as a problem, but i don't see it really.
Why? Well, there is a lot of NPC factions out there with more then 2 PC factions representing it.

I hope i answered on all points, but i maybe missed something.
If that is the case, please inform me.

Thank you for constructive criticism.

' Wrote:While it's true that =BSG= and =CR= are not "vanilla" IMG, that is the ID that your factions have chosen and you should be following its parameters. For example; the ID forbids participation in military operations yet =CR= launches regular attacks on Omicron Alpha, and their sending of a small force into Liberty space to take out a =CYLON= I would also consider a military operation. The ID also doesn't allow it's owner to scan traders for contraband so it's none of =BSG= or =CR='s business if contraband is being smuggled through Tau space.

Frankly, Discovery would be much better of if all three factions disappeared.

It also states that it allows hunting pirates.
We don't hunt any non-pirates out of our space.
You can call it "Military operation", but Outcasts are IMG enemies even in NPC diplomacy.
And they are also only 1 system away from us.
They organize attacks on Taus, we organize counter-attacks on Alpha.
It is like that, we are enemies, enemies do that to each other.
Did you ever see BSG organizing an attack on Chugoku?
Even though they are Hostile to us, we would never go that far to attack NovaPG in Chugoku.
That would be a Military operation, attacking Alpha is not.
We also don't allow scanning of contraband, because i had a word with Admin about that.
I don't know about =CR=, but we are not pursuing smugglers anymore.
IMG ID is an ID that has certain boundaries.
It is much better then using a Military ID just so we can perform "Military operations".
We would be allowed to attack any unlawful forces, anywhere in Sirius.
That is not RP for me.
I believe foundation of RP is in certain limitations.

And please, this is about =BSG= only, leave the =CR= out of this, completely.
If you make a mistake, with no intention, it is ok.
But don't comment on =CR= or Cylon roleplay here while knowing they are not the subject.

Thank you.

I think you should settle down somewhere too. A good way to get known. Everyone knows that RM operates Rheinland, LSF in Liberty, PRF hangs around Manchester, Corsairs wander in Omicrons and so on.

' Wrote:I think you should settle down somewhere too. A good way to get known. Everyone knows that RM operates Rheinland, LSF in Liberty, PRF hangs around Manchester, Corsairs wander in Omicrons and so on.

With all due respect, we are very settled in that way.
We are settled in Tau-23, Java station.
If we are online, we are 95% of the time right there.
Yes, you can find us on Falkland in Tau-37 as well.

Thank you.

Fair enough.