Discovery Gaming Community
Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: RP Stories Feedback Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. (/showthread.php?tid=58270)

Pages: 1 2

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - UBoat - 04-11-2011

[Image: 33nkpzn.jpg]

It should be noted that we are now a part of the official BDM| faction. However, as I still operate the U-Korps on a somewhat independent level, I'd still like to hear any feedback from you, the community we interact with.

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - Anonymous User - 04-11-2011

just curious.

where you got the idea for your name from?

"submarine-flotilla" seems not that well fitting for a space fleet.

Quote:While it may seem odd that a Space Faring force would be called a "Submarine" Flotilla, this was merely a tribute to the Ancient Sol Forces that inspired the modern Unterseebootsflotille.
This has been added to the History to help explain.

Essentially, it's named this way as a tribute to the Ancient Sol U-Korps that inspired the modern rendition. The name, and emblem (OORPLY) is roughly inspired by this.

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - 11of10 - 04-11-2011

Actually, submarines make more sense in space than surface ships. Both are operating in a completely hostile environment, with the need to bring aboard everything, including air, a completely 3D movement... And going away for a long time on it's own.

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - michiyl - 04-11-2011

Quote:Actually, submarines make more sense in space than surface ships. Both are operating in a completely hostile environment, with the need to bring aboard everything, including air, a completely 3D movement... And going away for a long time on it's own.
Although there are similarities, it's completely different. It's the naming that makes not that much sense.
No one would say "oh look ... a spacesubmarine" ... makes NO sense :sleep:and how do you want to categorize the fighters, freighters, bombers and so on? ^^

Anyway, I was wondering if you have a "U-1153" in your ranks. The guy operating this ship attacked me yesterday with just ONE sentence (something like "drop your cargo, Libertonians, so that I can destroy it") near Texas and just as I was about to reply to that (my character is NOT a Libertonian, so I wanted to make that clear) a SNAC hit my character's ship. Needless to say that I quick-docked at Houston to escape this madmen ^^
And yes, I know that if that guy belongs to you or has the MND ID or whatever, he has to interrupt trade with the enemy. But it's quite ooRP to state demands next to a battleship, even if it's "only" stationary!

So, if you know this guy, try to talk to him about giving a bit more time after his demands ^^ After all, there should be some interaction involved and not some stupid "do as I say without a word" ...

If not ... well, sorry for the wall of text and good luck!

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - Jansen - 04-11-2011

It should be Die Unterseebootsflottille.
Otherwise not much to criticize at this moment, I have met 2 of you, both did a good job.

' Wrote:Although there are similarities, it's completely different. It's the naming that makes not that much sense.
No one would say "oh look ... a spacesubmarine" ... makes NO sense :sleep:and how do you want to categorize the fighters, freighters, bombers and so on? ^^

Anyway, I was wondering if you have a "U-1153" in your ranks. The guy operating this ship attacked me yesterday with just ONE sentence (something like "drop your cargo, Libertonians, so that I can destroy it") near Texas and just as I was about to reply to that (my character is NOT a Libertonian, so I wanted to make that clear) a SNAC hit my character's ship. Needless to say that I quick-docked at Houston to escape this madmen ^^
And yes, I know that if that guy belongs to you or has the MND ID or whatever, he has to interrupt trade with the enemy. But it's quite ooRP to state demands next to a battleship, even if it's "only" stationary!

So, if you know this guy, try to talk to him about giving a bit more time after his demands ^^ After all, there should be some interaction involved and not some stupid "do as I say without a word" ...

If not ... well, sorry for the wall of text and good luck!

Yes, U-1153 is indeed a member. I'll bring up the issue with him. As for the name, we realize that having space "Submarines" makes little sense, but do note, that the reason for this is to pay homage to the U-Boats of WWII, which In-RP and OORPLY, inspired the idea. As added to our history.

Quote:While it may seem odd that a Space Faring force would be called a "Submarine" Flotilla, this was merely a tribute to the Ancient Sol Forces that inspired the modern Unterseebootsflotille.

' Wrote:It should be Die Unterseebootsflottille.
Otherwise not much to criticize at this moment, I have met 2 of you, both did a good job.

Yes, thank you. This was also brought up over a PM I received and has been corrected.

Your feedback is all appreciated, and I'm glad that, apart from one incident, you're enjoying our interactions.

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - Garuda - 04-13-2011

Let's start first.

My Encounter with you was really lulz with the exception of the three GBs at the end.

Too many missile for a little Mamoru Bomber xD. By the end I PM'd Anne over Skype. (takes a nade and throws into the room where Anne sit)

There I called you not really nice words. But, and now buuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttt.

I'm not whining about gank, because of the three Gunboats. I will explain it more for you, I fought already against so many Overkills, Ganks. I could paint my whole room with pictures about 2213 Dreas,Cruiser etc.Notice: Achievement Unlock: Too many missile.

At the begin Grade A but at the end a C. I wanted a little bit more RP. I need no essay but maybe a little bit more.

And I CD'd only you 4 for minutes. Perfect Keyboard clock. I expected maybe two gunboat but not a half fleet of missiles.

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - Lobster - 04-13-2011

I would just like to point out that, while I despise ganking and make sure that noone under my command in normal circumstances ever does it (in the [RM] that is), these U-boaters are operating in hostile territory all alone. Death may be only a second away in the form of over 9000 LNS ships (or rouges, or hackers, or HF, or xenos; basically ALL the liberty factions). Therefore ganking, while ugly, is quite a legitimate tactic for these folks.

Its is a kill or be killed environment they are working in.

Die Unterseebootsflottille Feed Back. - UBoat - 06-08-2011

The U-Korps is now part of the official BDM| Faction. Also, we're still looking for feedback, so any constructive criticism would be appreciated.