Discovery Gaming Community
Transmission bars needed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Transmission bars needed (/showthread.php?tid=58282)

Pages: 1 2

Transmission bars needed - AceJoker - 04-11-2011

Greetings, as the title says, i need a transmission bar for my merc Hangman. The colors should be blackish
with redish accentuations on the edges and light red letters, maybe digital. And i want this in the upper one:

TRANSMISSION ESTABLISHED
ID: SUPPRESSED
ATTENTION: VISUAL LINK UNAVAILABLE
AUDIO ONLY

with either that white snow image (I don't care if it will be static or somehow animated. Feel free mod it)
[Image: hangmancom.jpg]

or some kind of sign or an error message. It must be just clear that a visual is unavailable. Of course
you can shrink that snow-pic if you need.

As for this:
ATTENTION: VISUAL LINK UNAVAILABLE
AUDIO ONLY
You can modify that freely how you want. You can make it "ATTENTION: VISUAL UNAVAILABLE",
"VISUAL LINK UNAVAILABLE", VISUAL UNAVAILABLE" "Video link-up failure" anything that says: Face no, voice yes.

The bottom bar should write this:
TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

As for the shape of the bars i don't know. Use your imagination. I'll discuss the details based on the proposals.

Happy painting:D

Transmission bars needed - Tenacity - 04-12-2011

figured I'd give this a shot since I had some spare time on my hands today...

Still image:

[Image: 28kiirl.png]

Ending section:

[Image: sb0y9w.png]

Animated Top portion (consists of 5 seperate images, you've got to put them together to get the animation right without screwing up the transparent sections):

[Image: mq1zb.png]
[Image: 20uygiq.png][Image: 2agnr4k.gif][Image: 1zlacte.png]
[Image: 2a9bm0n.png]

Transmission bars needed - Crusader4 - 04-12-2011

Yay, Tenacity is back :yahoo:

HAI.

Transmission bars needed - AceJoker - 04-12-2011

Looks good, i like the animated one. I keep this thread here open for a week or so to see if some other guys will come up with their proposals.:D

Transmission bars needed - Makc_RU - 04-12-2011

[Image: tb-top.gif]
[Image: tb-top-v2.gif]

Japanese officials announced on Tuesday morning that they were planning to raise the event level at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant from a 5 to the maximum level of 7, the highest on the international scale for nuclear incidents and the same level assigned to the 1986 disaster at Chernobyl in the Ukraine.

[Image: tb-tdown.gif]

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

p.s. I just realized that the lower TB is 200px in heigh,which is not needed. I will make adjustments if you accept my work.

Transmission bars needed - Tenacity - 04-12-2011

Makc, just a bit of advice - when doing animated signatures or transmission bars like this, use multiple images like I did, where the animated portion is as small as possible.

The .gif file type has an innately low resolution and limited color channels, making the unanimated parts of the image less crisp/clear. Better to put in the nonanimated parts as .png images and line everything up to maximize image quality.

Transmission bars needed - Makc_RU - 04-13-2011

That is a good advice. I thank you, please check your PM.

Transmission bars needed - AceJoker - 04-13-2011

Your proposal is also good Makc. Just 2 details:

First:
The blinking "TRANSMISSION TERMINATED" is a good idea but... people tend to look at the most interesting
parts first, then to the rest. You see, i always look at the terminated one first cuz it blinks, then i start to read
from the top to the bottom. I would say you make the terminated part static and make the established one
blinking. It looks more authentic that way, if you ask me. If that's too much work, make both static.

Second:
The font is well-chosen by the layout itself. However the font is one of the strange ones which sometimes uses
a few pixels too much for the space between some letters. Of course this is the fault of the font itself and not
yours, but as for aesthetics, it looks strange when you read
"TRANSM ISS ION ES TABL ISHED" and "TRANSM ISS ION TERM INA TED"

All in all you two have made a good start. Let's see how the things will become until the end of the deadline.
Keep it up.:D

Transmission bars needed - Makc_RU - 04-13-2011

Edited version of TBs.

[Image: tb-v3-up.gif]
[Image: tb-v2-down.png]

Transmission bars needed - AceJoker - 04-14-2011

Yup. Now both of you made a perfect work. If no new proposals come until friday 13:00 GMT+1, i decide which of the two i'll use.:D