Discovery Gaming Community
Central thread for people looking for factions! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Central thread for people looking for factions! (/showthread.php?tid=58348)

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Pinko - 04-12-2011

To reduce the number of people creating threads stating that they are looking for a faction, this thread will be used for these people to describe what they are looking for in a faction, and where faction recruiters will attempt to see if they can fulfill this player's desires. Of course, this thread mostly is OOC, as people would generally only give generic details about what they are looking for in a faction. Si?

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Dusty Lens - 04-12-2011

I've never seen a useful post from someone looking for a faction. Everytime I've decided to take a look I see a vague op concerning some general outlooks which could have been satisfied by perusing one of the active lists we have pinned followed by a mob of +1 from both the poster and people looking to pump their faction up.

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Skyrim - 04-12-2011

Well I assume the recruitment section is already covering that purpose. Then again I tend to see people who make a thread looking for factions as attention-seekers who just wants half the community at their feet for 15 minutes as desperate factions battle each other over posts.

Edit: If you really wanna use this thread as recruiters posting you are free to clean up my post. (y)

Central thread for people looking for factions! - AeternusDoleo - 04-12-2011

Why not browse the faction summary thread in the factions section, and pick one that meets your needs?

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Sturmwind - 04-12-2011

While Dusty and Skyrim were right in the points they brought up, people are just going to make these "I'm looking for a faction" threads anyway, so it may as well be summarized in one place.

Then again, if people make threads like that for attention whoring, they may disregard the existence of this as well...

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Ivan - 04-12-2011

"I'm looking for faction" usually are attentionwhoring threads, so I don't see need.

There's recruiment forum for some reason.

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Dusty Lens - 04-12-2011

' Wrote:While Dusty and Skyrim were right in the points they brought up, people are just going to make these "I'm looking for a faction" threads anyway, so it may as well be summarized in one place.

Then again, if people make threads like that for attention whoring, they may disregard the existence of this as well...

The people who make those threads are best broken into two groups.

A) Those who are unwilling or unable (due to an inability to exercise reason or thought) to spend a moment perusing some extremely obvious threads.

B) Attention sluts who will ignore a lumped thread as it will be insufficient to serve their desire for external validation.

I feel that's a generally accurate assessment. Neither case is likely to flock to a stuck thread.

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Petitioner - 04-13-2011

' Wrote:The people who make those threads are best broken into two groups.

A) Those who are unwilling or unable (due to an inability to exercise reason or thought) to spend a moment perusing some extremely obvious threads.

B) Attention sluts who will ignore a lumped thread as it will be insufficient to serve their desire for external validation.

I feel that's a generally accurate assessment. Neither case is likely to flock to a stuck thread.
Or perhaps they're simply looking for a faction with friendly players in it, rather than any particular aspect of game experience. Some factions keep their rosters secret. And you can't get to know what a faction's members are like just from reading some info that's mostly only pertinent in-RP regarding the faction's history and how they operate. If the members of the group post in a thread to reply to someone who they think might be a good addition to their faction based on what they state they are looking for, then perhaps they'll get an idea of how well they feel they'll mix with the people in that group.

Sure, MOST of them are attention whoring threads, but some are genuinely people that are searching for a group of fun people to join, in a slightly out-of-the-box method.

Central thread for people looking for factions! - Markus_Janus - 04-13-2011

Beats me, all I see is attention whoring here so far so I guess the thread served it's purpose.:crazy: