Discovery Gaming Community
BHG gunboat turrets. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: BHG gunboat turrets. (/showthread.php?tid=58442)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

BHG gunboat turrets. - Knjaz - 04-14-2011

Title says for itself. Whille all other +50 dmg guns have no higher then 25% additional power drain (2500 per sec), these turrets have 50% additional powerdrain. (well, another exception are IMG, but these are +55dmg and +35% energy drain, even they're better then BHG)

If you tell me, that +29m additional range is something that worth it, then there's LH turrets, that are +40 damage and +50 range, with 25% more damage.

Anyone has the knowledge on why they were balanced this way???

BHG gunboat turrets. - NonSequitor - 04-14-2011

BHG weapons (buckshots being a notable exception) are lackluster.

They are underpowered and visually ho-hum.

I have no idea why that is.

BHG gunboat turrets. - Vito - 04-14-2011

It might have something to do with the improved agility and slick profile of the hunter gunships and gunboats

BHG gunboat turrets. - VoluptaBox - 04-14-2011

They're balanced for the ships they are to be used on.

BHG gunboat turrets. - Jinx - 04-14-2011

thats actually quite spot on...

the BHG GS is the smallest of all GBs and also not too hard to fly, cause sidestrafing still comes more natural to most people than vertical strafing.

we must also not forget that the BHG is one of the "new" factions to capital warships. ( yes - i know... some others got their caps only recently, too - and don t suffer the "new to the whole shipline" feeling )

the BHG as is has extremely good fighters - very good fighter weapons - and simply produces "only" average capital warships. - they re just not that much into it.

testing showed ( and probably still shows ) that BHG warships are not too bad compared to others - provided you use a good tactic.

the bulldog can charge like no other battlecruiser, the thresher is one neat destroyer of an almost uniquely perfect shape and size. - the bottlenose is a great hunter-killer and the mako can do a lot of damage if you re daring enough. ( even if you re probably dead a few seconds later ) - well.. and the orca is ... - it has a forward cannon!

either way - the weapons are balanced with the ships - and they ARE balanced.

BHG gunboat turrets. - NonSequitor - 04-14-2011

For the sake of argument, I'd argue the BHG cap ship weapons are a smidgen underbalanced, considering BHG lore and theatre of operations (acquiring Nomad tech, fighting the Order) but not enough to decide the outcome of a fight.

It would be nice if at least the cap wep visuals could be spiffied up. Imagine a cap wep buckshot-like visual. That would be awesome.

BHG gunboat turrets. - Prysin - 04-14-2011

' Wrote:thats actually quite spot on...

the BHG GS is the smallest of all GBs and also not too hard to fly, cause sidestrafing still comes more natural to most people than vertical strafing.

we must also not forget that the BHG is one of the "new" factions to capital warships. ( yes - i know... some others got their caps only recently, too - and don t suffer the "new to the whole shipline" feeling )

the BHG as is has extremely good fighters - very good fighter weapons - and simply produces "only" average capital warships. - they re just not that much into it.

testing showed ( and probably still shows ) that BHG warships are not too bad compared to others - provided you use a good tactic.

the bulldog can charge like no other battlecruiser, the thresher is one neat destroyer of an almost uniquely perfect shape and size. - the bottlenose is a great hunter-killer and the mako can do a lot of damage if you re daring enough. ( even if you re probably dead a few seconds later ) - well.. and the orca is ... - it has a forward cannon!

either way - the weapons are balanced with the ships - and they ARE balanced.

bullhead jinx. BULLHEAD

bulldog is a junker heavy fighter, i cant immagine that a bulldog can charge like no other BC.

BHG gear is simply nerfed cuz the balancers who balance things in this game is biased as hell. Its a truth we all know but refuse to admit.

Explain why a faction with the motto "To catch a criminal you must think like one" would ever use weapons as close to a "pacifist" level as you can possibly get? MAKES NO SENSE. Also BHG ships arent big, but their sure easy to hit, from every direction.

The best ship the BHG has is the thresher. The rest are rather underpowered or barely average compared to their breatheren ships in that same class. This will always be the case as SOME people, just cannot seem to get the fact that catching criminals with guns hardly above flashpoints in power DONT WORK.

BHG gunboat turrets. - Jinx - 04-14-2011

i beg to differ...

the LABC surely isn t much stronger than the BHG BC ( yes, yes - bullhead ) .. nor is the IMG BC. - the order light carrier is a different story - if it had been as i had wished it to be - it would have been slightly weaker than the bullhead. the bullhead can also easily destroy the nomad cruiser. ( and yes - of course it cannot destroy a marduk or osiris ( provided both pilots are equally used to their ships ))

the bottlenose is one of the most successful gunboats

the mako isn t great - but by NO means underpowered. - we had trouble with its h itbox... b ut hose dark times are dead and gone, aeternus has made tigh fitting hitboxes for EVERYthing - so praise him

the AP line is great - i have scored so many kills in the awesome hammerhead ... more than in ANY other fighter ( ok - except sabre )

and the orca sucks - i always died in it - but who cares.... if one doesn t do the orca - there s still the bottlenose

oh and the BHG bomber - while one of the tallest ... is still a great ship and i killed MANY enemies in it ( errr... before we got bomberguns mind - so i scored most with a combination of debs+cannonballs )

oh - and the buckshot is an awesome gun - try a fury 4/5 for a change and have fun.

BHG gunboat turrets. - Knjaz - 04-14-2011

Ok, once again - it's the BHG gb turrets that I find completely ineffective (to the point it doesn't worth to equip em, even compared to basics, even on BNose.)

BHG BC is best in it's class due to thruster and shape, Mako is meh... but works as an assault platform. Sometimes. Dies easily, but at least capable of dealing some damage before it goes boom. (I dont understand people who say that BHG lives on their BSes, even if it's intended this way, Mako is NOT a mothership by any means).
Thresher also way above average, very good in numbers. Orca is... questionable, but if you enemy isn't too skilled, you have a good chance. If it is, you're dead. BN good in packs, fighters are great.

But the BHG GB turrets are WORST in the game. I repeat, clearly worst. Why?

BHG gunboat turrets. - VoluptaBox - 04-14-2011

Because ships are best. If the guns were as better as others, it would result in OP combinations.

Very simple. They are energy hungry but, for example on bottlenose, you can dodge and out turn pretty much everything. Advantages and disadvantages make for balance.