Discovery Gaming Community
Bomber Turrets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bomber Turrets (/showthread.php?tid=58445)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bomber Turrets - Taffic - 04-14-2011

I've been on & off this server for a long time & never (properly) flown a bomber so I'd appreciate some guidance from those with more experience.
I have a Waran (+ SNAC) & intend to be a nuisance to (a select group of) transports.
I'€™ll be doing mainly solo work, but I also enjoy team work.

Simple question - should I use Energy Turrets, EMP Turrets or a combination of both?

[I did try searching for advice, but didn't find anything suitable]

Bomber Turrets - Camtheman - 04-14-2011

It doesnt matter.

They are just for show.

Never ever use your bomber guns against big targets. They will eat you so fast, especially in a Waran.

Always use SNAC.

Bomber Turrets - jxie93 - 04-14-2011

Bomber guns and turrets give you a tiny bit of chance against other fighters and bombers. I suggest a balanced mix of both EMP and energy, but some people like to load up with full EMP turrets to give them a bit of more shield draining firepower.

Bomber Turrets - VoluptaBox - 04-14-2011

SNAC is unbelieveably energy ineffective vs shields. I use full EMPS and snac. Vs transports and below works like a charm. For above, keep distance and use snac.

Bomber Turrets - Dab - 04-14-2011

' Wrote:It doesnt matter.

They are just for show.

Never ever use your bomber guns against big targets. They will eat you so fast, especially in a Waran.

Always use SNAC.
This is horrible advise from someone who doesn't like or fly bombers, ignore it.

If you want to have the best firepower against transports and gunboats, go with full EMP.

If you want to be able to hurt fighters, go with a mix of EMP and Energy.

If you are able to SNAC player fighters decently, go full EMP and rely on your SNAC for an insta-kill. Even with a mix of EMP and energy, most likely the enemy fighter is going to kill you before you kill him, as he has more firepower and faster guns, which means he'll hit you more often. Plus you can't dodge like he can.

Bomber Turrets - Taffic - 04-14-2011

Thanks for the prompt feedback.

In my experience too many pilots joust (when they should dog fight) & with this in mind I felt the Energy Turrets would give me versatility against unimaginative fighters.
Speed is chronic so could be wrong.
I still recon I should drift away & live to fight another day, but as we all know that's not always possible.

A long time friend said he'd swap to full EMP now he can hit with a SNAC.
Perhaps EMPs are for more experienced bombers & noobs like me need Training Wheels
[Image: bigstockphoto_training_wheels_on_a_red_b...00x600.jpg]

Experimentation time

Bomber Turrets - AeternusDoleo - 04-14-2011

For PVP: Full EMP cannons, SNAC. Proper usage: EMP until enemy shields are down (opening burst), SNAC at point blank. Very effective against the civilian transport shield which resets before the SNAC can recharge.

For PvNPC: Full Energy cannons, and just use them as slow, heavy fighter guns. SNAC only against the NPC heavies (which, when using a bomber, you're probably hunting for).

Bomber Turrets - DarthBindo - 04-14-2011

Full EMP and don't forget Nuke mines.
Those can be very useful in a combo.
And nova.
Oh novanova.

Bomber Turrets - Primitive - 04-14-2011

If shooting transports only, go with full energy, a lot of people don't understand how energy efficient they are.

Basically in waran, you'll do more damage if you shoot his shield with snac and hull with guns then other way around. (plus if you mount 4 energy guns is like having 2 emp with them)

Bomber Turrets - AeternusDoleo - 04-14-2011

Nova... wouldn't recommend those against transports with disruptors, especially the hege. Their disruptor fires in all directions. And timed right, makes for a nasty little surprise for a bomber launching one.