Discovery Gaming Community
Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Minato Harbour Hanger Deck (/showthread.php?tid=58582)

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Tommy22 - 04-17-2011

Captain Ryker observed with curiosity as Kerrigan wrestled with some hull plating on his Nyx, hooking small chains around the edges of it to take the weight. As she unscrewed it, the plating came away, allowing her to swivel the rigged plating away from the ship.

"Alright, let's see what's up in here..." Kerrigan sighed, sheathing her wrench and palming her flashlight.

"Shouldn't you wait until the engine is cold before you go prodding around in there?" Ryker asked.

"No, not really, the Nyxes use an altered conventional fusion drive, the space around them helps keep them cool and safe"

Kerrigan reached in with her flashlight and ducked her head, peering into the wiring at the back of the ship.

"See anything wrong?" Ryker questioned again.

"Nothing wrong with the wiring, if the little blue ones are coolant, and the blue and red are heating systems... could be a problem with the heat sink, which would suck, because those are hard to fix, and expensive to replace" Kerrigan spoke, fiddling with the wiring, "Should really check the fan systems, could be a problem there."

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Coldzero - 04-17-2011

Mason looked away and thought for a second.

"Holy cra...Wait. Where the hell did I leave my jacket?" He turned back to Kerrigan.

"You do realise I'm not a mechanic right?" he asked playfully.

"The most I've done is hacked into my ship using another ship and sent it drifting in space...Don't ask me how." he said as he leaned down to see what she was doing.

"Maybe I did break the fans from banging my head on it so hard when the Cheese-eaters came to visit." he says in a distant tone as he thinks about it and comes back in an instant.

"Whats a heating sink do for heating systems?"

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Tommy22 - 04-18-2011

"The heat sink is a piece of equipment that soaks up the heat from the engine systems mostly, allowing for the coolant to flow through it, keeping your ship from overheating and exploding, or stalling"

Kerrigan strafed to the left wing of the ship, leaning over the cockpit and unbolting a small panel at the foot of it.

"There is a system that takes some of the heat from the engines and fans it into the cockpit, keeping you nice and warm without having to generate heat from the powerplant. Hopefully the problem is there, so you're not in any danger of your ship blowing up or dying on you, when did you last have this thing looked at anyway?"

She flashed her torch into the open panel, looking deep into the ship, reaching her right hand in to feel around.

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Coldzero - 04-18-2011

Mason shrugged and shivered a bit.

"I dunno. I hardly get it checked I think. Theres always something wrong...however, its served me well even with all the shi...cra...problems its given me." He facepalmed and looked at her.

"I wish I knew where my jacket was. I forgot. Thats so like me to forget. I still feel blimming cold." He sighed and looked around for a second before turning to the hold.

He stared at it, trying to remember if he took the Outcast rookies out or if they're still in there.

"Guess it won't hurt to check...uhh." he thought to himself as he turned to Kerrigan.

"Is it alright if I checked my hold for something quick?"

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Tommy22 - 04-18-2011

"Yeah, sure. I cut the power from the plant to the ship's systems though, so you'll have to open the cargo hatch using the manual release handle. I didn't feel much like being electrocuted... or blown up"

Kerrigan pulled out a small fan unit, unplugging a few power cables. She turned the unit to the light, and closed her right eye, peering through the fans with her left.

"It looks like you fan system is clogged up, that's why your heating wasn't working, but you should definately get this ship looked at, before something bad happens when you least expect it"

Kerrigan hopped down and rubbed her hands on her overalls, cleaning the muck and grease off them. She fumbled about in the toolbox, pulling out a small wire brush with a long, bendy handle. Carefully, she began brushing out the dust and grime from the inside of the fan unit.

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Coldzero - 04-19-2011

Mason walked over to the hold's manual release lever and pulled on it. A series of hydraulics compress and decompress and the bay door is lowered. Mason walked into the hold of his Nyx and looked around, listening to Kerrigan talk until she said "...but you should definately get this ship looked at..." and at that point, Mason came out of the hold and peered around the corner.

"Well thats why I've got you. You're doing the check up right now." he said and grinned as he walked back inside. He took a torch out of his pocked and shun it around the hold.

"Eh...dusty. No pods, no cookies, no drinks, no..." he noticed a box of weapons he remembered buying from Planet New Berlin a while back. He walked up to it, lifted it up and carried it out of the hold. He put the box down and turned around.

"It's like Christmas!" he said in a loud, excited voice. He walked over to the cargo release lever and pushed it back into place, but the doors didn't close.

"Uh...they'll close when power is back up." he said as he turned back to his box and picked it up. He walked over to Kerrigan and put it down a little away from her.

"Well, no pods, just weapons I forgot about. Are there anymore fans that need checking?"

Mason walked up to Kerrigan and watched her clean the component.

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Tommy22 - 04-22-2011

"No, your heating systems should be pumped full of nice toasty air as soon as this is plugged back in" Kerrigan paused, "In theory. However, If I were you'd, I'd have some of the trained mechanics look this thing over fully"

Kerrigan stopped and blew hard into the fans, closing her eyes as a rather large puff of dust filled the air around her, she coughed a little, clearing the air around her with her hand.

"Okay, I'm just going to refit these fans, then you can give it a try" Kerrigan clambered back up onto the left wing, plugging in some small power cables, leaning back into the opening to refit the fan unit.

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Coldzero - 04-22-2011

"Alright then. Thanks. I believe in what you did was good. If it stalls or whatever, its no big. Thanks for taking a look at it. I appreciate it. Right now, I have to get this crate to Sulawesi after I get some rest."

Mason walked over to the crate of weapons and lifted it up.

"Now, go get some rest. You need it after all the hard work you've been doing."

He looked at the crate and sighed.

"I'll see you later. Maybe we could have a drink or something when theres free time."

Mason turned to the exit and started walking slowly towards it, trying not to drop the weapons. He never checked to see if they were loaded and had their safety switches on. He had a long night ahead of him..

Minato Harbour Hanger Deck - Tommy22 - 04-23-2011

"Okay, thank you..." Kerrigan spoke, replacing the panel on the front of Mason's Nyx, screwing it in tightly with a large bolt-tool.

Kerrigan sighed, wiping the grease and grime from her forehead, she unzipped her overalls and leaving the hanger for some R&R.