Discovery Gaming Community
What's Wrong With RHA? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: What's Wrong With RHA? (/showthread.php?tid=5862)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What's Wrong With RHA? - LancerZero - 01-29-2008

Yep, that's right. What the heck is wrong with the RHA? We have cool-looking ships that are amongst the best in Sirius, for one thing. The Loki is at least as good as the Crow, and as agile, with the power and torp slot to even use a Minirazor. The Odin is comparable to the Wrath; has an extra gun, is slightly less agile. The Thor is right up there with the top most agile bombers, and has four guns and a forward-firing turret.

And there's NEVER any shortage of action. Even if the endless stream of diamond traders running through Dresden were to suddenly go dry, there's always Corsairs nearby to fight, or traders in Rheinland. Always plenty to do within the Hessian ZoI, which is rather large. Hessians are the third-largest pirate faction in Sirius, only outnumbered by the Corsairs and Outcasts. So, why is my faction so tiny and relatively inactive?

People complain about people being where the action is when the action isn't in their neighborhood. Understandable; I have the opposite grievance. All the action is in my neighborhood, which is otherwise empty! Undefended traders! Loathsome Corsairs! (no offense, guys:P) Greedy corporations! C'mon, people! I got a few days of activity from my new recruits, then silence. And what of all the RHA people I flew with under Morrigan? I m rdy, where's Rheinhold Krupp? Dopamino, where's your guy?

Am I doing something wrong? We fly Hessian ships armed with Hessian guns, we keep to our ZoI, and I think I do decently as far as forum-based RP is concerned...so what's not clicking? It's becoming rather frustrating.

This topic is open to everyone. I want to hear peoples' opinions on the subject...I do wish for it to remain civil though, please.

What's Wrong With RHA? - Zapp - 01-29-2008

I thought of making the RHA my second faction. Now I'm in 5 and don't want another. Sorry, but I only really pay attention to 3 of those 5 as it is...

What's Wrong With RHA? - Dopamino - 01-29-2008

I would be spending nearly all of my time flying my RHA characters if I had access to the game. As soon as I'm back - weekend after next maybe? - I'll be supporting the RHA.

What's Wrong With RHA? - Jwnantze - 01-29-2008

well, its one of the factions I use, but I have been busy working on rank in liberty as a LH and defending Alpha from seemingly endless waves of vipers. But ill be back.

What's Wrong With RHA? - pchwang - 01-29-2008

Jon, I don't mean to neglect the faction...

You have done absolutely nothing wrong. It's just that RL gets in the way sometimes, and when I have something planned out, it does not work out.

What's Wrong With RHA? - mjolnir - 01-29-2008

Honestly ... I have no idea.

The ship line is really good... zone of influence very large - Rheinland/Bretonia + all Omegas + attacks on Omicron gamma every now and then.

Then only problem might be the Hessian guns... which are really bad... low damage, lot of energy and weakest against graviton shields. But you might allow up to 4 allied guns I would say.. and ask your allies for them...Bundschuh guns might be the most logical to get..and a few Outcast ones (like 2 per ship).

What's Wrong With RHA? - Hyperion - 01-29-2008

I think that the problem is, that the most of the players are in several factions (3<). And they have a lot of lawfull chars and unlawfull chars. This way, they have very litle time for each character. And the new players like to join only the biggest factions (not clan faction) (outcast, corsairs, liberty, etc...), the other half of the players like to play independent. And offcourse RL has cause problems too...
And i say you have done everything excellent, so dont worry, get a few new members and assault RM :D

What's Wrong With RHA? - tfmachad - 01-29-2008

I'm strongly for the revification of the RHA. I will most surely not join up, sorry, I've got enough factions and work on them already. But I recommend it for the newer players. Red Hessians FTW! (I hope RM's command don't read this).

Anyone willing to cut down the Corsair population (no personal offense to the Corsair guys) has my support.

What's Wrong With RHA? - majkp - 01-29-2008

Yeas, there is a great portion of roleplay for Corsairs and Red Hessians. And a lot of battle zones, such as Omega 5, Omega 47. There are also news like The road to the Rheinland 1-3 which we abused for TBH's attack of RM, but they are primarily directed at Red Hessians...

What's Wrong With RHA? - McNeo - 01-29-2008

Which is why I suggested that the Triad's become Hessian, and not Corsair or Outcast...

Even I think we have too many people now..

Somethings got to give...