Discovery Gaming Community
LF Weapon Diversity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: LF Weapon Diversity (/showthread.php?tid=58667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

LF Weapon Diversity - Mr.Fabulous - 04-19-2011

I've noticed a pattern that the LF-class vessels: they all have 8000 power, most only have class 9/8 guns.

I'm not saying that these are: as one said, don't fix what's not broken.

But I'm not fixing anything... I'm introducing something new. An increase in diversity for Light Fighters everywhere.

What I'm saying is, I think the Light Fighters deserve more combo-breakers.

::: Please note, that I've only did a quick browse on the math on these things :::
  1. Class 10 Guns
    • Basically, Class 9 guns would do, more or less, 2K-dps, while Class 8 guns do between 1.5k ~ 1.1k dps. Class 10 guns, however, do between 2 ~ 3k dps. There are 2 class 9's, and 2 class 8's, the former doing a combined dps of 4K, the latter with a combined power of 3K at most, or 2K at least. This leads that both pairs could be replaced with 2 class 10 guns (even with the latter at least, it still equates to 6K, with the added 4K from class 9) There are a few combinations that I could think of:
    • 2 Class-10
    • 1 Class-10 ::: 3 Class-8
    • 1 Class-10 ::: 2 Class-9
    • 1 Class-10 ::: 1 Class-9 ::: 1 Class-8
What you think? Would help diversify the LF's arsenal, and still retain some balance.

LF Weapon Diversity - Not Espi - 04-19-2011

c10 guns on light fighters that have cd and cruise 420 mps? its a bit too much for my taste, but that's just me.

LF Weapon Diversity - sajuuk680 - 04-19-2011

Class 10 and Class 8, i vote for that

LF Weapon Diversity - SnakThree - 04-19-2011

No. Ain't good idea. LFs are annoyng as it is. Giving them a bit more powerful guns would make them dodge even more and hit less but for the same damage.

LF Weapon Diversity - cursebg - 04-19-2011

Quote:No. Ain't good idea. LFs are annoyng as it is. Giving them a bit more powerful guns would make them dodge even more and hit less but for the same damage.

There are more Caps than LF's so i think it's not so bad idea to have at least 1 class 10 gun...the version of 1x class10 ,1x class9 1x class 8 won't make them more dodgy...

LF Weapon Diversity - VoluptaBox - 04-19-2011

They're balanced the way they are now.

LF Weapon Diversity - ProfGiggles - 04-19-2011

I voted other because I think it would be an idea to give them their own kind of weapon. Maybe instead of the CD.

Don't know how powerful it should be to balance it, but since it's for a light fighter, it could be something like this.
If it had 8.00 in refire, the total amount of shots it could fire would be, 6 and then all your power is drained. The total damage if all of them hit would be like 3/4 of the MR.
An idea maybe?

LF Weapon Diversity - Virus- - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:They're balanced the way they are now.

LF Weapon Diversity - Mr.Fabulous - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:They're balanced the way they are now.

' Wrote:... ... ...

But I'm not fixing anything... I'm introducing something new...

... ... ...

LF Weapon Diversity - michiyl - 04-19-2011

Quote:An increase in diversity for Light Fighters everywhere.
If you want diversity, don't add a weapon that probably every LF pilot will mount.

Let them decide between rate of fire, range, projectile speed, damage and energy consumption. Make some A-, B-, C-, D- versions of the guns that are now there, and alter the values slightly.
THIS would spice it up a lot more.