Discovery Gaming Community
Hey guys - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hey guys (/showthread.php?tid=58685)

Hey guys - aaol1 - 04-19-2011

hey guys, im new to discovery..ive been playing normal freelancer online for quiet a while, but i wanted more ships, more players online, and definatly more trading opportunity!

now, i know discovery is the best, most complex mod out there....and I really like it, but

1. when you undock from somewhere, anyone ever get the glitch as you undock from a different dock than you docked in, or undock in mid-space?

2. im not sure about factions, if ever I wana get into a faction with other players, is there faction sites or faction pages where i can talk to them?

3. what are all the IDs, like civ id, recruit id, can i do any trading I want with a civ id? can i buy any trading ship i want with civ id?

4. lastly, can i trade whatever i want when ever i want?

thx guys, just need some clearing up, thx =)

p.s.( sorry if i broke a rule somehow in this post, please let me know)

Hey guys - ryoken - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:hey guys, im new to discovery..ive been playing normal freelancer online for quiet a while, but i wanted more ships, more players online, and definatly more trading opportunity!

now, i know discovery is the best, most complex mod out there....and I really like it, but

1. when you undock from somewhere, anyone ever get the glitch as you undock from a different dock than you docked in, or undock in mid-space?

Yup this sometimes happens,but it is so minor i do not think it is looked at.

2. im not sure about factions, if ever I wana get into a faction with other players, is there faction sites or faction pages where i can talk to them?

Yeah do a search,and you will find the faction message dumps. Can also ask faction members in game,and they may give you a skype name.

3. what are all the IDs, like civ id, recruit id, can i do any trading I want with a civ id? can i buy any trading ship i want with civ id?

Read the ID's. They will generally tell you what you can,and cannot do,and what ships use can use.
also use this chart. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tYh...amp;output=html
it will tell you what groups,can use what ship's,and weapons.

4. lastly, can i trade whatever i want when ever i want?
thx guys, just need some clearing up, thx =)

Um no unfortunatly. There are alot of Imbargo's on certain items,and some are illegal. So again do a search,and look up the laws of each major house regarding trade.

p.s.( sorry if i broke a rule somehow in this post, please let me know)

Nope you broke no rules. Best to ask if you do not know. Even ingame if you do something wrong? just explain to other players. Most are cool enough to let things go,and advise you what you did wrong.

Hey guys - Domjan - 04-19-2011

[The_Angles] can also help you ingame, with that tag, also if you need anymore help contact me on skype: Domjan1911

Hey guys - aaol1 - 04-19-2011

k thx guys! and anyone knows what happens if i caught trading stuff in a house where i dont have the right permit to do so?

and also, lets say i have a civ ID, and i buy , i dunno, a gunboat...would the game ACTUALLY let me buy it or would it ACTUALLY block me off saying u dont have the right id or wtv?

thx again guys, 'preciate it

Hey guys - nunchakus - 04-20-2011

welcome mate, have fun.

Hey guys - Uzed - 04-20-2011

Welcome to disco!
Night-fever!

Hey guys - Veygaar - 04-20-2011

wazup!

about ID allowances, the ID's tell you what type of ships your allowed to use, the spreadsheet ryoken posted gives further restrictions that you'll have to adhere to.

Even though you MAY be able to physically purchase a ship with a Civ ID doesn't mean its ALLOWED.

hope that helps

cheers

Hey guys - VoluptaBox - 04-20-2011

yo