Discovery Gaming Community
bretonian ship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: bretonian ship (/showthread.php?tid=5874)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

bretonian ship - Jinx - 01-29-2008

not skinned of course - but i see very few bretonian ships in developement - so i just tried to make one. ( they are more difficult than most other factions - i think ) - so this one is a heavier looking ... err.. was it the "hussar"? .... well, tried to keep the roundish look ( the stupid program cannot render ships without the "smoothing" effect. but in fact it is a lot blockier ) .. bend twin engines, a sensor array below the cockpit and wings.

well, i am not too happy with it - but maybe its something to keep working on.

[Image: ConceptBretonianHF.jpg]
the skin would be just the same like the other bretonian fighters. ... well, it does look heavier than the hussar - and ligher than the templar, i think. but it is too round - i believe. i am not happy with the cockpit. maybe it should be "lengthened" a little.

bretonian ship - Dusty Lens - 01-29-2008

I think it's fantastic myself, I'm a big fan of the engine design.

I would concur with your cockpit musings, at the moment it would seem like you might have to be sitting a little 'close to the glass' in order to get that full field of view.

Can't wait to see how it ends up!

bretonian ship - cmfalconer - 01-29-2008

Nice MkII LF replacement. Here's another one!

I think that the little fin wings should curve down a little more though, kinda go to 90 degrees down.

And is it possible to have the Engines follow the body-contours, up and in and then back.

Otherwise, I love these new MkII LFs. Keep up the good work.

bretonian ship - Etaphreven - 01-29-2008

Gah... Aidan's also working on one:P
Well, I like it... but, those gills on it's tail, aren't they a bit Libertonian-ish?
Oh and, the bret ships have some sort of 'legs':P
AND... yes. The cockpit looks like a sphere right now.

bretonian ship - bluntpencil2001 - 01-29-2008

Wow. Showing fantastic promise. Her Majesty's forces approve! Yahar!

bretonian ship - Jinx - 01-29-2008

they have legs? ... hmm.. i ll have to go to bretonia to look at the models ... *sigh* but that involves going to bretonia..... deserted barren systems:laugh:. but hey - if someone else is working on a bret model - i ll just put this one into the back of my mind. - we don t need 2. -and i ll rather focus on the other projects i have.

anyway - much easier to make a libertonian ship than a bretonian. i could give it two vertical wings and it looks like a tie fighter - urgh...

bretonian ship - bluntpencil2001 - 01-29-2008

I think LancerZero has a lot of screens of Bret ships for inspiration if you ask him.:)

bretonian ship - Etaphreven - 01-29-2008

I didn't say cancel your work:)
Aidan's also having problems with those legs. And yes, I'm 'one of the proud beta testers'.. meh, not really. He just showed me some screenies:P
His work looks promising.

bretonian ship - Vape - 01-29-2008

heh nice model jinx
that ship makes me drop my inherent hatred of bretonian design for a moment.
Im working on a new kusari fighter
the Seiran

bretonian ship - Exile - 01-29-2008

Well Jinx, some nice work there.
The engine is just, well, perfect in my opinion.
Make it a light figther, and i might just make a BAF character!:)