Discovery Gaming Community
An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: An idea for the One Faction per ID rule (/showthread.php?tid=58788)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 04-21-2011

So, the basical idea is this. Some people and factions on the Discovery 24/7 server worked hard, spent a lot of time creating these factions, but the question is, for what? Given the fact that towards July '10, the Admin Team introduced the One Faction per ID rule. But it isn't very fair for those who were in the process to submit their request for officiality, when other pre-existing factions were already in contrast with this rule.

Anyways, the basic idea is.

- Pay for your officialdom, this will prove that you are really interested in keeping the faction up, and you won't get a buck back if you lose your official status for inactivity/lack of players etc etc.

- A pre-existing official faction needs to allow your request of officialdom.

So.. thoughts, feedback anyone?

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - Pancakes - 04-21-2011

' Wrote:- A pre-existing official faction needs to allow your request of officialdom.

So.. thoughts, feedback anyone?
Me likes. btw without the last part I would vote no.

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - Daedric - 04-21-2011

You already put 500m on the line to become official. Are you suggesting that factions who want to be official when there is already an official faction with the same ID be allowed to buy their official status?

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - VoluptaBox - 04-21-2011

I thought they already paid...500m, before the voting started?

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - SnakThree - 04-21-2011

Yes. But only for bigger player base NPC factions. Only Outcasts and Bunters come to my mind at this moment.

' Wrote:You already put 500m on the line to become official. Are you suggesting that factions who want to be official when there is already an official faction with the same ID be allowed to buy their official status?

Basically? Yes. They should approve your request before you even post your request to the Admin Team, then you would pay 1.000.000.000 (2x of the normal request for an empty NPC ID) to get your officialdom. Cash that in my opinion, you shouldn't see again.

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - Rommie - 04-21-2011

' Wrote:I thought they already paid...500m, before the voting started?

They do.

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - SnakThree - 04-21-2011

Wait then. No.

Yes, if creation request costs 1 billion.

An idea for the One Faction per ID rule - Daedric - 04-21-2011

Edit: Never mind.

You're saying that if there is already one official faction the second/third must get their faction approved by the official faction, then pay 1 billion to post their request to the admins.

I wouldn't have an issue with this, but the entire reason for the One Faction rule is to prevent conflicts between factions bearing the same ID. Once the second/third faction become official they can basically snub the first official faction and issues could arise that the admins don't want to deal with (the entire reason for the 1 per ID rule).

' Wrote:So what you are saying it just up the cost of becoming official? How does that have anything to do with the One Faction per ID rule then?

That people would word hard for the cash that will be later used to see their faction official. :) <strike>And I shouldn't even mention how hard is to raise 1 billion credits with the mining nerfed.</strike>