Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Movie - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Movie (/showthread.php?tid=5895)

Pages: 1 2

Discovery Freelancer Movie - 13CentKiller - 01-30-2008

It has been a long time in the making. about 3 months now.

The only people that I got to participate is Kindred and NightbladeCH, plus the two bounty hunters at the end. Thanks a ton guys. Your cool ---->>>:cool:

Discovery Movie

Comments, suggestions...ect...ect.

The next one is already on the drawing board "The Top Ten Very Heavy Fighters"

Cheers

Discovery Freelancer Movie - Turkish - 01-30-2008

In my opinion, you spent way too long focusing on the first two ships. I counted at least three times where it faded and then just arched up and pan on the ships before you presented the PvP. Another matter was I didn't find the PvP too be that engaging, it shows promise but I found it, long and hard to get into. Especially after the first sequence, the black space was far too long before the next sequence began. I'm just trying to be constructive here though, apologies if I come off as rough. I liked sections of it, but overall I found it slow moving and hard to engage in.

Discovery Freelancer Movie - uspatriotsf - 01-30-2008

Not bad, not bad at all. In fact quite good.

The only critique I would have is a little less of the fades. And the color inversion was a bit unnecessary too. But, all in all great job. Too bad you couldn't get some more help in the action sequences, then again, those large battles don't come off too well when being filmed anyway.

Kudos and cheers

Discovery Freelancer Movie - Jinx - 01-30-2008

first of all - it is a great atmosphere, the music fits very nicely and the transition scripts are great. -

critizism ( not really - but sort of ) ... the first "duel" between the BD BB and the kusari BB. it starts all well, raising the tension ... and then, when the actual fight starts, there are some lame little yellow bubbles exchanged. - maybe you can brighten them up - or something. it doesn t look like a very serious battleship duel.

showing some of the ships was great - and the last dogfight between the BHG BC and the ... whatever it was ( too small ) was much nicer ( but a bit too long ) than the first dogfight.

anyway - those are only minor critizisms - all in all, its very well done, and feels like discovery, and not like one of those mods that just adds tons of features without much thought.

suggestion - more fighters along with the BBs next time... they add to the feeling of a real spacefight, aswell as giving an impression of how big those battleships actually are.

Discovery Freelancer Movie - Eppy - 01-30-2008

I concur. The first scene with the Kusari/Dragon Battleships was (A) too long, and (B) the ships were too static. Battleships joust, not just sit there and shell each other. Otherwise, good wok, though more people would have been nice, as well as getting rid of those godawful boxes. And a higher-quality format, though that ,might not be possible without a direct download...

Discovery Freelancer Movie - 13CentKiller - 01-30-2008

I see alot of comments about the Blood Dragon BB and Kusari BB fight. Yes, the intro was long. But only for one reason.

The first part was not recorded with sound to start with. I had Kindred and NightbladeCH in Teamspeak with me so it was kinda hard. I agree that the batte looked very empty, because it didn't look very, hmmm, realistic?

I was so tempted to shoot that scene again with a different BB and maby have a more skilled pilot that could spread the weapon fire like TheWise.

The last battle, however was recorded with sound. This made it a whole lot easyer. And I could focuss on video effects more, instead of worrieing about syncing the music and sound effects, like I did in the first battle.

But its only the first one. I didn't think I showed enough content either. I wanted to put more in. But for that I would have needed to put in 4 hours a day, which I simply don't have haha.:P

I thought myself that the movie was average, and I'm already planning the next one. Its based on that 'Discovery Channel' Series "The Greatest Ever" or "The Top Ten" Should be interesting. I will get the that later though.

More comments?

Cheers :cool:

Discovery Freelancer Movie - Coyote - 01-30-2008

Good job. Enoyed watching.

Discovery Freelancer Movie - Horon - 01-31-2008

Did anyone ELSE notice anything.... funny, in between 03:30 and 03:35?
Well at least everyone will know that it was Igiss that devaloped the mod..

Discovery Freelancer Movie - mwerte - 01-31-2008

I liked it, although you could have started with the BHG ships and ended with the BBs...but its your vision, have fun.

Discovery Freelancer Movie - Geisha_Maiko - 01-31-2008

A good way of spending 7 minutes while you wait for the server to restart.

;-)