Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery's own "Greatest Ever" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Discovery's own "Greatest Ever" (/showthread.php?tid=5899)

Pages: 1 2 3

Discovery's own "Greatest Ever" - 13CentKiller - 01-31-2008

Ok, I have movie making fever. So, as I mentioned before, I am making a greatest ever series for ships within Discovery.

Its not meant to be a spoiler. its just for fun, and even when the top ten ships are posted, people will be limited to their RP and will probably stick with their own opinions anyway :PThis is just for ha-ha's.

I have yet to decided whether to make it 'serious' or 'humerus' or humerus and or factual or serious and factual. I will get to that later but.

I need peoples opinions on fighters. This is to narrow down the research that I have to do. if I get a list of semi decent VHF's then I can look at all the specs and rank them accordingly. So, Very heavy Fighters only.

You can have a max of 3 ships per post. So give me a list of 3 very heavy fighters you think should be listed in the top ten VHF's.

No flaming if there is room for any....Comment on the reason why you chose the 3 ships. if you can't come up with three, then thats fine...less work for me to do! :P The more duplicates, the higher the ship goes on my 'research list' :)

Post away! I want to get to work ASAP Holidays are nearly over! :nyam:

Cheers :cool:

Discovery's own "Greatest Ever" - sn!p3r - 01-31-2008

Guardian- 1 class 9 4 class 10 slots, 1 foward firing turret. 12k armor ( somewhere around there) More maneuverability than avenger.

Blood Dragon, Maneuvers like an HF, firepower like a VHF. Good armor.

Saber- Looks awesome, good powersupply, and very agile. forward firing turret

Discovery's own "Greatest Ever" - Jinx - 01-31-2008

judging by looks only:

dragon / chimaera --> awesome design, unique and with character. fits perfectly well into its role and origin

<strike>BHG bomber --> very nice evolved BHG design, massive, yet agile looking

praetorian --> massive, armoured, well designed</strike>

ok ok - another fighter than...

eagle, sabre are ugly, hammerhead isn t a beauty either. i don t like the liberty ones - and the planelike ships are not too great.

i guess i go for : valkyrie - well, thats it.. there are only 2 nice ones. the rest isn t too nice.

( bombers are VHFs, aren t they? ) - chose those 3 cause they fit into the place they are supposed to be aswell as the role.

Discovery's own &quot;Greatest Ever&quot; - 13CentKiller - 01-31-2008

*Cough*

"Greatest Ever Very Heavy Fighters"

Very heavy Fighters only
:cool:

Discovery's own &quot;Greatest Ever&quot; - Chucc - 01-31-2008

I have to say the Raven's Claw is still a great contender. 8slots, 8's for missile, 9's for Tizzie, and 4 10 slots. with that who needs a turret. Forward farting or not. Get armor, and some practice you have a VERY heavy but light and maneuverable fighter.

The Wrath is a monster. I have done some amazing things in it.

The Guardian is a great ship as well. Good armor, great handling, and not hard to control, so fair fight for beginners. Used to be a Staple ship for me.

PS: I would also help in these movies making if you contact me with times and we can arrange it. Would love to do it. Get to see myself like you do, heh.

Discovery's own &quot;Greatest Ever&quot; - OsoRojo - 01-31-2008

Eagle-fast and deadly

Kushan-fast and deadly (Don't let stats fool ya)

Raven's Claw-fast and deadly

Discovery's own &quot;Greatest Ever&quot; - 13CentKiller - 02-01-2008

Thanks guys. Keep em comming!

I'm going to either need to use Microsoft Sam or Mike for the Voice over. Or send a scrip to someone here and make them do it LOL :shok: :haha:

Mine are:

Saber Very Heavy Fighter
Blood Dragon Very Heavy Fighter
Ravon's Talon Very Heavy Fighter

Discovery's own &quot;Greatest Ever&quot; - RingoW - 02-01-2008

Viper
Titan
Odin (with the improved look, unfortunately not in-game yet)

Respectful
AoM

Discovery's own &quot;Greatest Ever&quot; - Ascendancy - 02-01-2008

Nephthys
Talon
Werewolf

Those are my picks...flown all three and I like them. I would say Raven's Talon, but that thing got nerfed to all hell.

Discovery's own &quot;Greatest Ever&quot; - Boss - 02-01-2008

Odin (It is aquireable...)
Stinger (ooooh yeah)
Kushan ain't too bad, just looks like junk.