Discovery Gaming Community
Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard (/showthread.php?tid=59350)

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Commissar - 05-22-2011

Sarah nodded, acknowledging robocop's comments.
"I know they're different. That's what I'm getting at, oh-armoured-one." She saw him look away, her own eyes tracking his, before momentarily settling on Izzy. "Friend of yours? The engineer commented. Something about the woman unnerved her, and it wasn't just the knife. She just gave her a bad feeling...

She turned her attention back to the conversation, pushing the slightest whisper of a headache to the back of her mind. Sarah's lips twisted in a bemused smile at the mention of the cost. That much, at least, she had well and truly under control. She uttered a silent prayer of thanks that her father had been less vocal in his campaign for her return lately. Having a wealthy family had it's perks, as long as no-one knew about it. If they did, Sarah had a distinct impression half the bar would be dragging her back to Manhattan. The other half would likely be taking her somewhere with a few more guns.

"Don't worry about the price. The old girl's worth it." She nodded contently, her way of answering the final question. Yes, it was the same ship. Possibly the first.

"What's got me worri-" The appearance of a Bretonian girl, seemingly from mid-air was enough to cut the 'asteroid-fan' clean off. Suddenly the remark about Alice clipped into place.

"Sarah. Sarah McFarlen. At your service." She attempted to curtsey from a seated position, a difficult prospect at best. She caught herself halfway through the movement, shaking her head ruefully. Some habits just refused to die.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - TheJarl - 05-22-2011

Tharog chuckles and put back the pistol.

"I despise guns as well. But in the world we live in. They seem tae be a necessity.

And aye. The females might seem dangerous, but well... I admit those that I know... I haven't spoken wi' 'em in a while. They do seem... different..."

He shrugs.

"Still, I trust they won't attack me. Something I can't say 'bout 'that guy'."

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Juzt156 - 05-22-2011

Syd smiled a half smile and quietly said, 'Thanks for not asking.' He indicated that he would like a beer as well. For the moment everyone seemed enthralled with the tin man, seemingly a walking cliche. 'I wonder if he is looking for a heart.' he said barely audibly.

There was not doubt that this situation and Emma were brigning him back to reality at least for a moment. What was going on? His curiosity over riding his good sense. While the tin man was scary that lady in red dress was even more disturbing. It was all so fascinating flashing schematics and banter back an forth. Most of the rest of the bar while still keep a wary eye on the two of them seemed to have resumed there own conversations.

Returning his gaze to Emma he thought 'A Freelancer? She had to be widly travled and knowledgable...Maybe there is a way out of this mess.' He winced as his right arm contiued to ache.....but first a beer.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - sirlagsalot - 05-22-2011

[Image: 42878415.png]

Looking at the improvised curtsey, girl grins and chuckles in rather familiar, reminding of one particular weirdo, way. One can say, they somehow became alike in their manners...

- You really DO look like an interesting person, don't you? Patri. Patricia will do. At your service~!
Interlocutor may think it was rather supposed to be "Patricia. Patri will do."
- And no, "will do" is not a surname. Looks like you are part of the reason for me to be here, so i decided to come a little closer. I was told you won't mind it. So, don't mind it.
Saying that, Patricia impudently took a chair next to Sarah and armored person.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Chrysalis - 05-22-2011

A man in a Liberty Navy outfit walked into the bar, with a distinctive eye patch and bearing a grin. He signaled the bartender for his drink, and took a seat near the bar stand.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Starviper - 05-22-2011

Leon chuckled while thinking of the possible bar brawl..

"Might just bloody happen, don't get your hopes down. With all these pansies form all around Sirius, it's just a matter of time and a few beers, before they start following their blood, which isn't exactly going to their brain..."

He checked his beeper and made an entry to his data pad.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some money to make. If that brawl starts without me, bust a few faces for me."

He then walked out

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - TheJarl - 05-22-2011

Tharog cursed when he saw the man in uniform. He held his assault rifle tightly and narrowed his eyes.
[Image: New-Tharog-pic.gif]

"See this's why I walk around wi' a big gun. Those damned navy folks are everywhere..."

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Pyromaniac - 05-22-2011

"A heart?" Emma looked at the armoured figure. "Maybe... everyone's looking for something. And they are a pretty strange gathering aren't they? Like something out of a pre-settlement movie..." She turned back towards Syd.

"But I'm not sure if you noticed... but a fight could break out here any second..." She leaned in close so that her next words would not be heard by the other patrons. "You're armed right?"

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Chrysalis - 05-22-2011

The man in the uniform spotted the infamous Tharog, and chuckled lightly. He removed his eye patch to reveal his dead eye, which was white with a scar going right through the center of his eyebrow, and continues below the eye.

He grinned and said - "What's wrong lemon-drop, seen something you like?"

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Commissar - 05-22-2011

Sarah grinned, welcoming Patri to the table. The grin faded very quickly indeed when the Naval Officer walked in. If they'd been tension before, the room was positively ready to snap now. The Engineer frowned, concern creasing her otherwise smooth face. She slowly flicked the computer projecting the Osiris firmly into the 'off' position. It was no good drawing attention.

She nervously shifted her hands under the seat, hanging onto the wooden underside like a child on a rollercoaster. It wasn't much, but it made her feel a little better. Please don't let there be shooting. It was a new dress, after all.