Discovery Gaming Community
Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard (/showthread.php?tid=59350)

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Scarlet - 06-27-2011

Scarlet sighs.

"I'm still here... But seriously I shouldn't be. Busy life and all eh?"

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Jeremy Hunter - 06-28-2011

Izzy sighed.

"Busy life? Hell yeah. Its frikin impossible to find a moment somedays."

Izzy ordered a vodka and took a long drink.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - r3vange - 06-28-2011

Maria looked at the poster Morrigan pointed and laughed for quite a while...more than quite a while...10 minutes more than quite a while. Then as if somebody flipped the seriousness switch she stopped laughing and looked back at Morrigan.

"What am I doing here? [font=Arial Narrow]Well birdie, my
grey matter got bored of being living, so my body did as well....So I came here to have the pew sticks and the tough egg shape called by your voices armour plating removed... Si! My baby asylum will run unarmed and naked throughout the Liberated land. What about your atoms? Why have they materialized here?"

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - TheJarl - 06-28-2011

Unlike the others, Morrigan doesn't seem to have any problem understanding Maria.

"Me? Ah, all da stuff in Omicron Minor is so booooorin'. Just Osirisses, Mako's an' big-boy squids there. I prefer slittin' someone's throat above blowin' everythin' up within' 500 meters from ma' target.

Actually... tha' WOULD be awesome, bu' if it happens 24/7 anyways it starts ta get borin'.

So now I'm here, much nicer place here."

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - r3vange - 07-02-2011

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%][color=#FFFFFF]Nice place....Was it a nice place? Maria looked
around to see people casually chatting, wasting their limited lives with casual talk...boring...devoid of
emotions. Places like that disgusted her, but her fighter was nowhere near ready. She could almost feel the
life being drained from her by the emotionless faces, by the bored chuckles and bad jokes being told
around.

"This place is rather boring birdie. Look all those humans talking their limited [font=Century Gothic]live-cycles away with idle
chat, no emotions no risks no life. I can allow myself a few
years of slumber,
a century maybe they could not. Their colours are pale their songs monotonous...This not a nice place
birdie, it is but a training ground for the oblong box they will all end up in. Life is like sex when you
do it with passion it's an experience to behold, when you do
it
because of the shear need to it becomes mindless
copulation
nothing but instinct. Instincts are
such
a bad liar on the way to atomic dissolution...
This box of a room is as lifeless as the
great nothing-vacuum itself! I'll do them a favour...

Maria took her PDA and made a few calls...About 30 minutes later 2 men carrying large suitcases entered
the Lone Drunkard followed by 4 girls in long trench coats. Maria just made her regular overly creepy smile
and nodded at one of them. Several seconds later the bartender was forced out at a gunpoint half of the
customers were petrified the rest started reaching for their side-arms as the two men started unpacking the
suitcases and the girls climbed on the bar. What came out of the suitcases contrary to the untold notion was
DJ-ing equipment not guns. In an instant the girls that looked like serial offenders turned to rather exotic
looking dancers. Maria stoop up and drew attention to herself with a rather animalistic scream.

"Biirdies this is your bir(th/d)day! You will all poison your bodies with drinks and smokes
on my tab tonight. Happy LIFE birdies!"

The crowd started cheering save for few individuals as the newly arrived "guests" started mixing tracks on
the decks they just unpacked

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - TheJarl - 07-02-2011

Morrigan facepalmed.

"Ya're crazy Maria, I'm tellin' ya. Ya are absolutely crazy..."

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Diomedes - 07-08-2011

[Image: GarethSilves.jpg]

After the last hurried visit to Barrier Gate in which he commissioned a crow class fighter, Gareth Silves was happy to have a more relaxed lay over this time, here instead for a retrofit to his Templar. The brawl he passed outside on the way into Barrier Gate between Anna Prentice and four outcasts had reminded him of his old soldiering days in the army. Despite the violence of it, this had somehow put the privateer mostly at ease. Only one thing really was bothering him; Gareth was still second-guessing himself for not jumping into the brawl more directly. But, he reminded himself, the last thing he needed was an incident with the Outcast Nation.

After seeing the templar safely into the dock, Gareth strode over to the bar. He stood tall, a day or two unshaven and wore unassuming flight clothes. A reliable service pistol hung on one hip and a well-used infantryman's fighting dirk on the other. He brushed back his hair with one hand, surveying the pub. Finally, Gareth picked out a stool at one end of the bar sat down.

"Barkeep. Double rye, neat, if you please." The bartender nodded and quickly brought the drink. Gareth took the first sip and begin to relax, taking in the myriad characters about. Gareth thought it best to simply wait and see what happened next.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Anna Blanca - 07-08-2011

She walked in the bar scratching her head a little and sat down on a barseat
"Something strong please"
She asked to the bartender.
Rubbing her eyes a little as she looks around the bar, checking everybody a little bit.
"Worst day so far, six Outcasts and two Freelancers, not to mention that 10mio being paid to the TAZ."
She mumbled quietly as she waited for her drink.
Once the bartender shoved the drink in front of Anna she took a big swig from the vodka.
Sighing as she looked down into the glass.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Cap.Kennedy - 07-08-2011

He enters a bar and pulls up one of the stools, orders a scotch and looks around. Mostly everyone is armed he notices. Bartender, would you like to buy one of those new interdictors, you certainly can use one, if you hook it up with station power supply you should make firing a gun in this room impossible, what do you think.

Barrier Gate Station West Wing Pub, The Lone Drunkard - Diomedes - 07-09-2011

Seeing a dark-haired woman walk-in shortly after him, and just overhearing her mutter something about Outcasts, Gareth glanced over more directly. He then took a few steps down the bar to sit nearer the lady.

"Miss Prentice I presume?" Gareth asked politely.