Discovery Gaming Community
FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: FR5 only using TLAGSNET? (/showthread.php?tid=59841)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Hielor - 05-12-2011

Is it acceptable for an indie police character to screenshot the output of TLAGSNET showing someone carrying contraband, and then hand off that screenshot to the official faction to use as a basis for an FR5 after making a forum thread about it?

I've not included links to any specific examples, because I'm trying to avoid being accused of "trial by forum."

As an indie LPI, this is relevant in that if it's a valid way of doing things, I no longer need to chase down smugglers. I can just screenshot the TLAGSNET output, pass it along, and a couple weeks later the person gets FR5ed. I don't even have to leave the Sunbucks.

From The Rights of Official Factions:
' Wrote:RESPONSIBILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH RIGHT 5

Factions may only do this after they have interacted with the character in role play. Faction leaders should post reputation change requests in the Special Role Play section with a link to the forum evidence.

Example: The LPI could request that a smuggler be made hostile to them but only after conducting some sort of role play around this situation. A role play trial conducted on the forum with the evidence would be a good way to do this. Note that the reputation change may be temporary as the smuggler is free to buy a bribe to fix the reputation.

Example: An Outcast pirates fellow Outcasts in front of Alpha. He has been warned numerous times by Independents, Official Factions & players representing the Outcast Government. He either never responds to PM's or states " No speak English" . Screen shots are taken for evidence. With said evidence, he could be listed as Hostile to the Outcast even if he is one.

This usage concerns me largely because there was never any in-game RP with anyone, much less the official faction. Not everyone checks the forums every day, and it's entirely possible that someone will not know that they're under threat of an FR5 until after it happens. This runs contrary to the "factions may only do this after they have interacted with the character in role play" aspect of the responsibilities associated with FR5.

It seems to me like this is just getting used as an excuse to *avoid* roleplay. If a smuggler can be caught, tried, and punished without ever having known about it, how does that encourage roleplay?

Thoughts? Should I start screenshotting all TLAGSNET output showing smugglers, rather than trying to chase them and maybe get some real RP? It would certainly be easier...

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - VoluptaBox - 05-12-2011

No, that would be dumb, and the admins wouldn't even consider it.

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Taneru - 05-12-2011

Don't care what the end decision ends up being rulewise, I am of the opinion that it's incredibly poor form to do so.

At the very least, you should intercept the ship in question and get a proper scan.

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - michiyl - 05-12-2011

Quote:[...]
Factions may only do this after they have interacted with the character in role play. Faction leaders should post reputation change requests in the Special Role Play section with a link to the forum evidence.
[...]
You see, that's all you need to know there.
No roleplay, no problem. Screenshot everything he smuggles, it doesn't matter (or at least it shouldn't) as long as no one spoke to him inRP about it;)

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Pinko - 05-12-2011

Quote:Is it acceptable for an indie police character to screenshot the output of TLAGSNET showing someone carrying contraband, and then hand off that screenshot to the official faction to use as a basis for an FR5 after making a forum thread about it?

Faction right number 5.

Not Player right number 5.

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Alex. - 05-12-2011

' Wrote:Faction right number 5.

He said the faction would use the screenshot for their FR5 request, not the indie.

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Vito - 05-12-2011

' Wrote:Is it acceptable for an indie police character to screenshot the output of TLAGSNET showing someone carrying contraband, and then hand off that screenshot to the official faction to use as a basis for an FR5 after making a forum thread about it?
' Wrote:Faction right number 5.

Faction right? RP? Yeah right... Remember this thread?

A FR5 via TLAGSNET would be too much and I doubt the admin team would allow it.

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Daedric - 05-12-2011

I doubt the admins would push it through, because there was zero interaction. At least with the RM bull**** there was interaction, albeit not from the correct people and not inline with the right's responsibilities.

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Primitive - 05-12-2011

FR5 only using TLAGSNET? - Daedric - 05-12-2011

' Wrote:6.10

Vague!