Discovery Gaming Community
Who has the best guard system? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Who has the best guard system? (/showthread.php?tid=5997)

Pages: 1 2 3

Who has the best guard system? - jammi - 02-04-2008

I was playing on Open SP earlier and just flying around I started to wonder who had the bset guard system. By 'best' I'm talking about the best looking, RP revelant and practical guard system of them all. If there is a guard system that is all the above, maybe the owning faction could posti it here for bragging rights. Either that or there is a Guard List compiled like with the comodity lists...

Firstly I nominate Omicron 100, what you guys think? What's your favorite?

Who has the best guard system? - Etaphreven - 02-04-2008

' Wrote:Firstly I nominate Omicron 100,

Seconded.:)

Who has the best guard system? - DBoy1612 - 02-04-2008

Omicron 100. Why? Because it's my system.:P

Who has the best guard system? - Etaphreven - 02-04-2008

' Wrote:Omicron 100. Why? Because it's my system.:P

Guys like you shouldn't be allowed to vote:P

Who has the best guard system? - Panzer - 02-04-2008

Omi 100 is first on my list

Omi 85 (Outcast guard) is second for uniqueness and uberness

Tau-44 - cuz it's my place. Still needs work, but that lil' detail will be worked around soon.

Who has the best guard system? - mjolnir - 02-04-2008

I will nominate top three (in no particular order)

Omicron 100 (The Order)
Omicron 85 (Outcasts)
Omicron 74 (Zoners) - even though I have not been there in 4.84 yet

On a downside (not counting the empty systems with one station)
I don't like Vespucci.

It's big, open, no big defense and has enough shipyards to build and support a huge fleet of battleships.
We are talking about Lane Hackers here... it should have only a few bases... well hidden... well defended.

Who has the best guard system? - jammi - 02-04-2008

factions wil nominate their own systems, it's natural:) Anyway, this thread should discuss all the decent guard systems as well as Omi 100 :) Maybe if I get a few nominations for the best system I'll attach a poll...

EDIT: wow, two posts as I typed:laugh:

Who has the best guard system? - Dab - 02-04-2008

' Wrote:Guys like you shouldn't be allowed to vote:P
Yeah, well I think its Omi-74, because I made it!

Oh, and becauise I love the nice little minefield death trap I made to defend Corinth, and my uber-defended Livadia shipyards. Shoot it with a BS, just see what happens.:P

Who has the best guard system? - Dab - 02-04-2008

' Wrote:It's big, open, no big defense and has enough shipyards to build and support a huge fleet of battleships.
We are talking about Lane Hackers here... it should have only a few bases... well hidden... well defended.
I made that one too.. Its supposed to be pretty open for the most part (partly because its an LH system, partly because Tank Target asked for it. The LH use Spyglasses, so they need the big open space. Oh, and they don't have that many shipyards. 2, maybe 4 I think. Two were double-size shipyards, as the Spyglass is too big to fit in the normal sized ones. Any shipyard I make that builds big BSs, like Zoner Jugg, Spyglass, etc, either use double sized, or both sizes of shipyards.

EDIT: Eh, post merge not working again?

Who has the best guard system? - Othman - 02-04-2008

' Wrote:my uber-defended Livadia shipyards
True that indeed..
And ya my vote goes to Omi-100..