Discovery Gaming Community
This is for you - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: This is for you (/showthread.php?tid=6000)

This is for you - Zelot - 02-04-2008

I had a coversation with a gent in gamma today about tags and IDs and so as not to shine the light on him I am posting it here so he can get the info.

Quote:6.2 Out of Roleplay (OORP):
In-game tag seen before the name must match the ID as closely as possible. It is not allowed to have the tag not match ID category. For example, it is prohibited to have 'Police' tag and 'Pirate' ID.

I dont think KNF tag/Order ID works.

People have to understand, just becasue you put up an RP story, doesnt allow you to break server rules.

This is for you - Etaphreven - 02-04-2008

' Wrote:People have to understand, just becasue you put up an RP story, doesnt allow you to break server rules.

I agree with that. However, in my opinion, if your RP is like the Keepers', then you can do that:P

' Wrote:I agree with that. However, in my opinion, if your RP is like the Keepers', then you can do that:P

I am not aware of any server RP or PVP rules that the keepers are violating with thier play.

This is for you - chopper - 02-04-2008

Actually, i had a lot of troubles with my Tag until i joined my first faction and learned how it's fixed.
I was IMG pilot who couldn't get rid of his KNF tag.
When i did, i had a LPI tag.
When i fixed that one, I had Synth food tag.
Etc etc.
Until bunch of BSG (old BSG then) fellas thought me how it's done.

So, it's not really against the rules. Especially if a said character is trying hard to fix the tag.
Yes, i am not aware if the person you are implying on did that, I'm just stating my case.

And also, it says "Category", and an example is given to clear that up.
So, you can't have a Corsair ID and Outcast Tag.
But, you can have a Merc ID and Synth Food tag.
Or, BHG ID and Synth Food Tag (if your RP story explains why is that so.)

At least i think.

This is for you - Etaphreven - 02-04-2008

' Wrote:I am not aware of any server RP or PVP rules that the keepers are violating with thier play.

It's not what I said. I was talking about the flawlessness of their RP.

The person in question suggested that the tag was not being fixed, but that this was the way the persons RP story said it was supposed to be. I was attempting to help them, telling them how to fix their tag. I was told the person was part of a Order recon squad and the tag was how they Rp'ed it. I generaly have a lot of patiance with people trying to fix their tag, it's hard when you dont know how.

This is for you - Eppy - 02-04-2008

KNF tag? HOW do you get that and not try to do something with it? O.O

' Wrote:KNF tag? HOW do you get that and not try to do something with it? O.O

agreed whole heartedly:P