Discovery Gaming Community
Yet another question... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Yet another question... (/showthread.php?tid=6014)

Pages: 1 2 3

Yet another question... - Tic - 02-05-2008

I'v seen a few posts 'bout attacking players without warning. So, i must always warn a guy/girl i will attack him/her.

I mean, if im flying in HMS Invincible and spot, lets say UOG member near one of our stations, and he is, lets say, shooting BAF NPCs.

Do i have to say something like "I will now attack you.", "Prepare to die, scumbag!", or just start firing?

Or if lets say i spot him somewhere in space, just like a sitting duck. Do i have to warn him i will attack?

I know that NPCs sometimes do say "Engeaging Freelancer" or things like that...

Yet another question... - Jinx - 02-05-2008

depends on the situation. announcing oneself is OK in general - at least an "engaging <target>"... but there are situations where its unnecessary or out of roleplay to brag about attacking.

i don t think there can be a rule for that - or there should at least not be a rule for that.

Yet another question... - Etaphreven - 02-05-2008

NPCs say "Engaging Freelancer Alpha <insert number> dash One. Over."
I think....:P

And no, saying "I will now attack you." is rather stupid and has nothing to do with RP. It's always better to warn the other side, otherwise you'll just instakill him without a fair fight. No fun in that. Your warnings must sound RP-ish.
Like... "HMS Invincible to all nearby units: be advised, we show multiple hostiles on our scanners. Opening fire. Over."

EDIT: Jinx is also right. Sometimes they're just not needed.

Yet another question... - Zelot - 02-05-2008

Sometimes you can be funny about it. I think my new line for Ze'ev now that he's hanging in Britonia will be "The Queen's a slut!" When I am engaging Britonian forces

' Wrote:Sometimes you can be funny about it. I think my new line for Ze'ev now that he's hanging in Britonia will be "The Queen's a slut!" When I am engaging Britonian forces

Oh I so wanna hear that in-game:lol:

Yet another question... - chopper - 02-05-2008

You should if you are RP-ing at least a bit.
If you are only interested in combat, then no.
I always warn people.

' Wrote:You should if you are RP-ing at least a bit.
If you are only interested in combat, then no.
I always warn people.

I forgot for a second how many capships he owns and presumed he'd like to RP a little:P

Yet another question... - chopper - 02-05-2008

Of course, i didn't mean : "Hey, fella, i'm going to attack you, prepare for PVP".

I meant something in RP, be inventive.

Yet another question... - Exile - 02-05-2008

Maybe use something like,
For a pirate, : Yer money or yer life!
For a cop : Time to pay the price.

My personal favorite, the fanatic : Cleanse this scum! Purge them all! * Evil laugther*

Just some examples that you could use..

Yet another question... - Tic - 02-05-2008

Ok thanks.

Why do people think i have only caps...

I have 1 cruiser, 1 battlecruiser, 1 battleship, 3 gunboats, a train and i have a total of 11 chars...

*Damn... It seems that i do have mostly caps... :wacko:*