Discovery Gaming Community
Board Feature I Want - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Board Feature I Want (/showthread.php?tid=60651)

Board Feature I Want - michiyl - 05-30-2011

Alright, it happened again:

I am looking for an active moderator to contact, and I remembered that there is the shortcut to "The moderating team".

But it doesn't show who's active right now, so I'm stuck with looking through the active members ... a lot of names, a lot of possibilities that one slips through (I know for certain that Marburg is one of the moderators ... and ... that's pretty much it).

So, I demand a green "is active" image on this page!

... please :$

Board Feature I Want - BaconSoda - 06-04-2011

In the meantime, a profile will sometimes show you if someone is online. For instance, if I click on my profile, it shows I am online and where I am looking on the forum. You can click on the Moderator names to see the same unless they have turned that feature off for themselves (which I think would be silly). Hope that helps.

Board Feature I Want - stewcool - 06-04-2011

84 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes just use the list on the home page to figure out whos on.

Board Feature I Want - michiyl - 06-04-2011

' Wrote:In the meantime, a profile will sometimes show you if someone is online. For instance, if I click on my profile, it shows I am online and where I am looking on the forum. You can click on the Moderator names to see the same unless they have turned that feature off for themselves (which I think would be silly). Hope that helps.
I know that this is one "online" indicator ... but it's not that easy, since you have to open a lot of windows/tabs to just look to see who's probably available - which means you have to load quite a lot of pictures (yes, admins and moderators have avatars AND personal photos) which means it will take some time to reach one of the team.

Not quite a good idea if your WLAN connection is crappy again and again and again ... !

' Wrote:84 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes just use the list on the home page to figure out whos on.
As I said, a lot of names equals a lot of possibilities to miss one of them. ;)

Hm ... maybe I just write a PM to EVERYONE next time ... maybe THAT's the solution! :rolleyes:

Board Feature I Want - SnakThree - 06-04-2011

You need their addresses too maybe?

If you need moderator instantly, you will look for any of them online. If you don't need him urgently, you can look if any of them are online. If you need someone to blame, there's Zelot.

What do you need more?..

Board Feature I Want - michiyl - 06-04-2011

' Wrote:You need their addresses too maybe?

If you need moderator instantly, you will look for any of them online. If you don't need him urgently, you can look if any of them are online. If you need someone to blame, there's Zelot.

What do you need more?..
Okay, good point:D

I think this can be closed now - solution found :lol: