Discovery Gaming Community
Should I make a Guardian faction? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Should I make a Guardian faction? (/showthread.php?tid=607)

Pages: 1 2

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Firebird - 02-02-2006

The number of votes saying keep the Nomad Ban surprised me, so I figured I asked this question too and see how things go.

The faction would be the good guy version of the Phantoms. Their goal would be to help defend Sirius and Humanity against those that would see it destroyed such as the Nomads and Phantoms.

The new faction would be called the Guardians instead of the CRI. Mainly, since its odd to see a research institute with military vessels. I wanted to call it the Order but I think Igiss doesn't want factions using in-game names, correct?

The Nomad Ban would become a subset of the Guardian Faction since they would be in a better position to enforce it than a research institute.

Phantom Reputation and action is to kill basically everything. Resulting in a pirate rep, with the houses and corporations being hostile.

The Guardians rep would be the opposite, houses friendly with the pirate factions hostile. The only pirate groups that could be made friendly would be pirate factions directly attacking the nomads, which for now is only the Corsairs. The Outcasts have encountered them, but haven't put a base in nomad space like the Corsairs have done, so Outcasts would have to be hostile.

Guardian characters would not directly attack pirates but would defend themselves against them if necessary. Known Terrorists and Phantoms however would be advised to avoid Guardian contact or expect a fight.

Like the Phantoms, the idea would be that members belonging to other factions could have a Guardian character. Even members with Phantom chars (for those of us with split personalities :D)

The Guardians would have no area of influence, but would have a home base on Toledo in Omicron Minor.

Tag: [Guardian]

Comments, Questions, and other ideas welcome. Vote away.

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Wolfpack98 - 02-02-2006

Hate to say this, bud..

But Sam, Korrd, Dab, Raven and I all beat you to it..

Ever seen the 8492nd ? :-) We're basically the Order :)

Wolfpack98,Feb 2 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:Hate to say this, bud..

But Sam, Korrd, Dab, Raven and I all beat you to it..

Ever seen the 8492nd ? :-) We're basically the Order :)
[snapback]11642[/snapback]

Ah but as you've said...you're not a faction :) .

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Dab - 02-02-2006

Doesn't matter if we are a faction. We are still a group that is dedicated to the survival of mankind, so you would just be a clone of it but you would be official. Even though AW also kinda does 8492nd job anyway...

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Wolfpack98 - 02-02-2006

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

No comment...

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Dab - 02-02-2006

Wolfpack98,Feb 2 2006, 03:53 PM Wrote::huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

No comment...
[snapback]11655[/snapback]

I was saying AW sorta does the job 8492nd does as we also attack Phantoms.

Dab,Feb 2 2006, 12:45 PM Wrote:Doesn't matter if we are a faction. We are still a group that is dedicated to the survival of mankind, so you would just be a clone of it but you would be official. Even though AW also kinda does 8492nd job anyway...
[snapback]11653[/snapback]

So if your saying my faction would just be a clone, why don't you make the 8492nd a full faction (official posts and everything) :)? If not, then my faction may have the same goals as your group but is different due to the fact that it would be official. It would also differ from AW in that we have no area of influence and cannot be involved in faction wars over territory.

Ya, I should of mention this too. If I were to create this faction, membership would be pretty much unrestricted. Players would simply have to agree with the factions goals and let me know that they wanted in. People found to be misrepresenting the faction will find their tag dropped very quickly and a bounty on there head :D. Same goes for spys that are caught :D

There would also only be three ranks:

General: Accepts all responsibilites for actions of the faction and can generally speak for it.
Captain: Involved in Decision Making and Discussions (these would be very active forum members)
Lieutenant: Basic Grunt, just plays doesn't get involved in decisions or discussions much

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Kane - 02-02-2006

The AW fight for the survival of mankind?
:lol: *Laughs long and hard* :lol:

Oh yeah, that's a good one Dab! "Fighting for mankind" HA!

The only thing you guys do is try to fight us (the Phantoms), plus you tried to take advantage of Rhinland durring the Coup, AND let New Berlin get trashed by the falling ship parts. Not to mention your secret (not so much anymore) ambition to rule over all of Sirius.

So, for the defence of mankind, you need to rule over Sirius in its entirety? Is that it? Hmm?

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Timber Wolf - 02-03-2006

I don't think we need another "good" faction. If anything, I think another pirate faction should be created.

Should I make a Guardian faction? - Dab - 02-03-2006

Kane,Feb 2 2006, 04:42 PM Wrote:The only thing you guys do is try to fight us (the Phantoms), plus you tried to take advantage of Rhinland durring the Coup, AND let New Berlin get trashed by the falling ship parts.
[snapback]11668[/snapback]

There was a good reason for that... :unsure:

Now really. Check some of the posts and threads going on at the time of the coup. Do you really think it a coincidence we arrived literally a few hours after the coup was announced? AND that we were protecting the real chanceller at Omicron Alpha?

We took Rheinland from the usurpers than gave it back to Sam. Notice how we tell any loyal Rheinland ships to head to Omicron Alpha immediately. And that after the coup there was no attack by AW when RM was in a "weakened" state. And well the debris... well that was necessary...