Discovery Gaming Community
GRN feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: GRN feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: GRN feedback thread - Haste - 12-06-2013

(12-06-2013, 09:52 PM)P1vas Wrote: Once I revealed myself, one of them (I will call him H45T3) asked me to ignore his docking message and explained (in local chat) how are they going to circumvent the rules by refilling at another base.

I would like to see the screenshots for this part. Particularly, the local chat.

This may be somewhat difficult, as it never happened. Perhaps you could manufacture some evidence if you're good with photoshop.

I give you points for trying to get a docking message by suddenly uncloaking right as I hit F3. Thankfully, I managed to cancel out of the sequence and dock on Glasgow instead.

We appreciate your dishonest feedback, Sava. Better luck next time.

Edit: Allow me to use this opportunity to congratulate you with your new and highly appropriate title. It fits you very well.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Omi - 12-06-2013

Sorry I didn't have enough Nova torps for your little fleet. I just couldn't resist bringing 70 more. Or was I grabbing my missile Lynx?

I'm also impressed at how inventive you were at trying to get us PvP dead. It takes a special kind of person to sit outside Stokes in his Dunkirk, all cloaked up, ready to pounce on both "uncloak" and "printscreen" the second a green docking message appears. If it's any consolation, I doubt it would have worked anyway:

Quote:Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in range of the ship you were fighting counts as PvP death. Trade vessels are exempt from this rule.

I'm fairly certain that we couldn't have counted as "fighting", given that it's not really possible to fight a cloaked ship. Next time, maybe you should shout an engagement message as soon as you uncloak. That way, you'd have made the rules violation report look even more top-notch.

Pity it didn't work out.

RE: GRN feedback thread - P1vas - 12-07-2013

Quote: and dock on Glasgow instead
How am I dishonest, Haste?

"Hey, I'm here, I know that you were going to re-engage and now you know that I know".
That was my message when I uncloaked.
You thrown a quasi-ooRP phrase to point out that you are still going to re-engage.

Groups of "noobs" who can't deal with a couple of vet fighters do the same thing - they refill over and over.
And we use to say they're wrong.
And now you show the same behaviour. Why? Because those "lolwut caps" don't deserve fairplay, right?

RE: GRN feedback thread - Haste - 12-07-2013

(12-07-2013, 11:25 AM)P1vas Wrote:
Quote: and dock on Glasgow instead
How am I dishonest, Haste?

"Hey, I'm here, I know that you were going to re-engage and now you know that I know".
That was my message when I uncloaked.
You thrown a quasi-ooRP phrase to point out that you are still going to re-engage.

[06.12.2013 20:49:19] HMS-Daring: Captain: Assist Arizona, everyone.
[06.12.2013 20:49:38] HMS-Daring: Captain: We're foing in, fasten your seat belts.

This is all the chat you typed to GRN that day. All of it. If you said anything along the lines of what you're claiming, it was accidentally in group chat or something.

I was indeed somewhat irritated that you pulled this low, entirely ooRP uncloaking move to catch a green message. Thus, I replied with:

[Image: hZ2og93.jpg]

As you can see, no local chat from you there. As a bonus, a little bit of group chat to show what the situation was like:

[Image: bhH2tiT.jpg]

(12-07-2013, 11:25 AM)P1vas Wrote: Groups of "noobs" who can't deal with a couple of vet fighters do the same thing - they refill over and over.
And we use to say they're wrong.
And now you show the same behaviour. Why? Because those "lolwut caps" don't deserve fairplay, right?

Too bad neither Omi nor I went off to restock, although Omi was out of Novas (yeah, I know, it's evil to go get those when you're dealing with half a dozen capitals). We both went off to get Lynxes, because you know, Screamer Mine Cougars don't do very well against Wyrms and Liberators.

Anyways, why am I even bothering to reply? You're here just outright lying to prove some nonexistent point. If you weren't Angry Sava, I'd think you were only trying to troll.

Edit:

To summarize:
1) I didn't actually dock, so I wasn't PvP dead. This also means I, at no point, had to explain to you (in local) that I was going to "re-engage". The screenshots I have prove this.
2) You had been cloaked some 30k away from the actual fight in orbit of Leeds, for about 15 minutes if not longer. I think we can safely say you were no longer engaged with us, nor we with you. Thus, even if I'd docked, without an engagement message from your side I'd have been fine.
3) To be safe, I docked somewhere else.
4) You did all this to try and bait me into re-engaging so you could sanction report me. That is incredibly, incredibly low and an entirely out of roleplay move. Complaining about my local chat is a whole new level of hypocrisy.

+

5) I think this has become trial by forum.

I could stay cloaked and SS the message.
Or I could stay 20k away from Stokes.
You wouldn't notice me either way.
I didn't do that.

Re-engaging is an ass move. Especially when done by a skilled player.
That's my point.

If you are accusing me in lies... Are there any lies in particular?

Edit: Seems like mr H45TE misunderstood me. I don't accuse anyone in breaking rules.
Re-engaging means leaving the battle and coming back with shiny repairs and ammo.
The words you said when I uncloaked were clearly referring to the "no docky" rule and not to the combat situation.
What you meant is that you will re-engage anyway. I took it as if you were completely disregarding my (and others) right for fairplay. Hence I'm angry.

I have a question, and after that I really can't be bothered (hue) to reply anymore:

Do you think I can SNAC a shieldrunning Liberator or Wyrm?

If the answer is yes: Cool. I hope you're right.

If the answer is no: Now you know why I docked my full EMP, Screamer Cougar to undock my Lynx the second after.

They brought in fighters. You had no fighters to fight them back. You have lost.

Edit: so, by you, it is alright to create no-win situations because you have a base 30k away from the brawl?

Oh dear, breaking my promise already.

So, getting bombers to deal with a capital ship swarm and changing to fighters once said swarm is more-or-less under control (and fighters have arrived that were initially not there) is now an "unfair" move?

Okay, Sava. You just keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, I'm going to just play the game.

I always try to keep my teammates from re-engaging, getting fed by caps etc.
I am sorry I expected others not to abuse the rule loopholes.
I'm done here.

RE: GRN feedback thread - Rodent - 12-07-2013

As stated before, in a situation like this you can basically do two things...

a)Let the other party swap to ships more appropriate for a fighter brawl and look to prove your superiority in skill. Contrary to what you may think Sava...this is the more accepted approach amongst official factions fighting each other, since it allows a true test of skill and can be a lot of fun.

b)Enforce your tactical advantage by not letting them swap. That's another way of playing, and acceptable enough. you don't let the enemy swap to a kind of ship that would fight you better and look to keep them in (in this case) bombers. Keep in mind that as soon as you start thinking the tactical game, the other side does as well...and they'll look to swap ships so they can better fight you. Your job (since you picked this approach) would've been to chase the GRN down and not let them dock. Since you failed at this (apart from the entire cloak battleship thing which I'll address in a second...) the GRN were completely fine in doing this.

So, about the cloaked battleship. A cloaked battleship screening docking messages cannot really enforce the rule, as players cannot be expected to account for something they cannot see. And toggling it on and off to force the rule seems a bit like sanction-baiting to me, which is a terrible practice. Surely you don't practice this.

I'll also address a general point that keeps coming up...

The server does seem to have a need for an active GRN faction, as evidenced in numerous threads and skype logs bemoaning the lack of Discovery's main antagonist. But once they are ingame, it seems that the general playerbase wants something else too. They want targets to shoot at, but they don't want said targets to put up a fight...so at the end of the day, everybody can go home and high five each other about beating the crap out of the big bad villain.

That'll never happen. GRN, like other factions is manned by living people and we will play to win..., as long as said winning stays enshrined within the concepts of fairplay and common decency. To that end, they'll do anything that's possible to perform their roleplay jobs right. Keep this in mind.