Discovery Gaming Community
Transmission bar for a psycho - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Transmission bar for a psycho (/showthread.php?tid=60851)

Pages: 1 2 3

Transmission bar for a psycho - AceJoker - 06-03-2011

Greetings folks.

Since i got already 2 bars for my chars i need a third one for Jaws to be complete.
This one will require a little more effort than my two previous orders. I want this skull cut in two parts as a transmission bar.
With cut in two i mean the upper jaw becomes the top bar and the lower jaw becomes the bottom bar. Well since i
believe that the skull itself may be to bigsized for the forum restrictions, you can cut the skull's top part like
in this amateur's cut1. Alternatively you can tilt it to the back like this, so the part inside the red box fits to the forum rules.
As for the lower jaw you can cut it too if it may looks to fat in comparison to the skull. Something like this in amateur's cut2.

NOTE: Since i don't have the right image tools and i'm too lazy to search, the cuts i made are poorly made
concept images. Most likely you have to recut the parts yourself, for quality's sake.

Now to the eyes. In amateur's cut 2 you see 2 red numbers. In eye Nr. 1 i would like the standart text:
CONNECTION BUILD-UP
ID: JAWS
in standart doomfont, center aligned and right in the middle of the eye socket so as if the letters would become the eye itself.
If you have your own doomfont, you can use your own instead. In any case i want the normal letters, NOT the
blood dripping ones. In eye Nr. 2 i want Jaws' face.

NOTE: I don't care how much you have to shrink the text and the face. Just shrink them until they fit. You
can make them both the same size, or small text in eye Nr.1 and the face fills the complete eye Nr. 2.
The oval marked area in the lower jaw is for CONNECTION LOST written in the same doomfont. I don't mind if
1-2 letters are written in the yellow areas.

As for Jaws himself, he's the nice psychopath from next door, ready to... hm... like Ryeguy146 said once:
Quote:Look at that brute! He looks like he's just aching to rip the leg off a table and get into a bar fight.
Here's his infocard

The reward is 150 mils and i keep this post open one week from today, so no need to rush. Thanks for your attention and happy painting.:D

Transmission bar for a psycho - Waratah - 06-03-2011

Guarantee me 200 million and i could do this over the weekend, or 500 million and ill do it now. haha

Transmission bar for a psycho - AceJoker - 06-03-2011

Quote:Guarantee me 200 million and i could do this over the weekend, or 500 million and ill do it now. haha

Guarantee me that you will finish it over the weekend;)Also please be patient, maybe others want to do
something too. If someone's work exceeds my expectations, the reward is then bargainable of course.

Transmission bar for a psycho - Waratah - 06-03-2011

Ok then lad, ill withdraw my bid...i hope you find what your looking for :lol:

Transmission bar for a psycho - AceJoker - 06-04-2011

BUMP

Transmission bar for a psycho - Hexx - 06-06-2011

I'm afraid your vision seems a little wonky? Keeping the skull large and smashing text and images inside of eyes is gonna end up looking really funny, at least in my opinion.

I could put something simple together incorporating the skull, digital effects, text, etc, but I'm not sure it's the direction you're trying to go with it.

Just seems to me that a transmission thingy should be a little more simple, so the transmission's content is the focus?

Anyways, ignore me if I'm no help. lol!

Transmission bar for a psycho - AceJoker - 06-06-2011

Since Jaws is a real psycho, anyone who gets a transmission from him should feel either uneasy or confused.
Some might point with their fingers at him, say something like "Lol. What's THAT? Is he serious?" and start laugh at
him like there's no tomorrow, others might get an impression like "Ok, this guy looks violent...". The same feelings
i wanna catch with this, like you said, wonky vision. I don't care if the majority will be the laughing ones.

Quote:Just seems to me that a transmission thingy should be a little more simple, so the transmission's content is the focus?
You're completely right in that point, and it fits perfectly with a char who is sane, but Jaws isn't. On the other
hand, why not try something new? Regarding trans bars we have the technical style, the sci-fi style, the rip-off style, etc.
Is that all we can imagine? I say no. Call it twisted taste or modern art, if you want. I mean, since that char is a weirdo,
shouldn't his transmission bar look weird too?
Also, i doubt that that skull is so beautyful, that someone will stare 5 mins at it and starts reading afterwards.:D
I even believe that most players completely ignore the bars, read and leave the thread.

Transmission bar for a psycho - Hexx - 06-06-2011

Hope you find someone who can make it work then.:)I just don't think fitting stuff in the eyes will.

I'd love to see the finished product!

Transmission bar for a psycho - Anomander - 06-06-2011

I will try :]

Transmission bar for a psycho - Makc_RU - 06-06-2011

This is what I came up with based on your description. Let me know what you think.

[Image: testup.png]