Discovery Gaming Community
Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums (/showthread.php?tid=61274)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - The.Sikisawa - 06-13-2011

' Wrote:Let inactive official factions die.

or most of them....
this rule just no give a new players chance to be new in a RP and
to prepare self for a official recruitment and to be a better RP player on this server...

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - Petitioner - 06-13-2011

' Wrote:EDIT: Just remembered what happened to SRP's
NEVER MIND
I giggled slightly.

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - Daedric - 06-13-2011

I'm pretty sure the admins have been actively killing off inactive official factions. So your QQ is merely QQ.

I'm for removing the rule though I believe there should be requirements for an unofficial faction to get its own recruitment thread. I mean, with no requirement, we could end up with a ton of them and seeing as how quickly unofficial factions come and go that would mean a ton of moderator work to keep clean.

As for what the requirements should be? Can't think of anything myself right now. I'll ponder on it and get back to you.

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - SnakThree - 06-13-2011

' Wrote:These are not facts, these are things that might be true at times but for the most part, are completely and utterly false. You're sniping at several unofficial factions by exaggerating small events that happened.
I could give you any number of cases where, in fact, the above is completely opposite. (Eg, an official faction being hard to give feedback on or having a low roleplay standard. But of course, if I did so, even if it was obvious, I'd be banned for trolling, now wouldn't I?)
Read the last sentences of the post you quoted.

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - Petitioner - 06-13-2011

I'm missing your point.

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - TheJarl - 06-13-2011

' Wrote:There's quite a few, namely Volksfront, IMG|, trading corporations...

Volksfront DOES have a lack of members and activity. When I became the leader we were among the warned factions. We rose to 3 days of activity but we are already down to 2 days now. Factions like the VF have a long tradition of lack of activity, sadly. What people should not forget however is that even when not very active that does not mean there is another one to replace it. In this case there is just a general lack of interest in the Bundschuh, not the Volksfront in particular.

' Wrote:I'm missing your point.
I told in my post, that that's my personal opinion and not facts. So basicaly you try denying my opinion without any facts provided yourself. That's more than optimistic try to show your point of view.

I could prove each of my points with at least one example for each of it.
Exceptions are always happening, but that's why they are not important in general, since there are only few.

I don't understand why everybody starts crying when it is mentioned and not year or two before this announcement. It just shows how most of you care about it and you make a fuss only as a fashion and to flow with the mass. Something similar to, god take my apology for what I'll say, Justin Bieber career.

Get over it. You should have raised this question before it got reannounced for enforcing rules that existed long enough to be questioned already.

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - Mark_Brown - 06-13-2011

' Wrote:This is a three-year-old policy.
That shouldn't have been made

' Wrote:That just makes it even more ridiculous. Punishing good RP through stomping on the faces of the well-organized of the unofficial groups and upholding RP that may be stale and bad through putting official groups on a pedestal will continue to lead to the demise of any sensibility on this server.
I agree it is hard to collect members of New Factions to be able to reach the Official Times and Limitations Unofficial factions is needed to get activity.

' Wrote:Silly rule, no matter how long it was present.
Amen

Need i Say more? Athenian make this a poll, would be easier to collect the votes!
Up to you,

However, if it is kept limit it to 100m per Unofficial Faction Recruitment Thread..So it does not get abused, change it or remove it, Admins call.

Thanks,
Bellck

Unofficial Factions on Discovery Forums - mwerte - 06-13-2011

I doubt you'd feel that way if it was something you put years of work into that was on the chopping block.

' Wrote:I doubt you'd feel that way if it was something you put years of work into that was on the chopping block.
Don't mind him, mwerte. He has some bias.