Discovery Gaming Community
Any Espanola speakers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Any Espanola speakers (/showthread.php?tid=6143)

Pages: 1 2

Any Espanola speakers - onca - 02-12-2008

Hullo,

I'm writing a bit of an RP story and I need some help with Espanola (that's Spanish for you Anglos). The story is in English of course, but is written from the PoV of a Corsair, and I like to use a few Spanish terms here and there for authenticity:)

Unfortunately my Spanish is atrocious.... and Babelfish and what have you don't cut it IMHO.

So if you're willing to help me out I'd be most grateful.... don't worry it's nothing complicated. I prefer to keep this PM so not to give away any spoilers to my story:lol:... but if you think it would be a good idea to post for all to see, for everyone's benefit, that's ok.

Thanks.....:cool:

o.

ps. Unfortunately my browser (Firefox) doesn't seem to like n-diacritic '?'.... I'm not a complete philistine!

Any Espanola speakers - Praetyre - 02-12-2008

While I personally think Corsairs speak Greek, not Spanish, I think you might want to talk to Juan Arquero, an excellent English speaker of Spanish descent.

Any Espanola speakers - Vape - 02-12-2008

i could help, im not a native speaker but i have two years of hte language in HS
and can speak it ok

@ its Espanol
(with that ~ over the n, (enyay if i remember right is its name (the letter))

Any Espanola speakers - Korrd - 02-12-2008

I'm a native Spanish speaker. Anything you need, feel free to PM me.
Btw, it's Espa~nol, not Espa~nola.

Any Espanola speakers - Jihadjoe - 02-12-2008

Incidentally historiaclly the corsairs were north african pirates so maybe they should speak arabic???

Any Espanola speakers - bluntpencil2001 - 02-12-2008

' Wrote:Incidentally historiaclly the corsairs were north african pirates so maybe they should speak arabic???

Actually, they were French privateers.

Any Espanola speakers - Dopamino - 02-12-2008

The barbary pirates of north Africa were sometimes called "Turkish corsairs".

Any Espanola speakers - Stoat - 02-12-2008

<strike>Although the barbary pirates of north Africa were sometimes called "Turkish corsairs".</strike>

Mutter, mutter, mutter

Any Espanola speakers - bluntpencil2001 - 02-12-2008

' Wrote:The barbary pirates of north Africa were sometimes called "Turkish corsairs".

And they were called this because they were 'Turkish' versions of Corsairs... Corsairs being French.

Any Espanola speakers - McNeo - 02-12-2008

But the FL Corsairs abandoned the Hispania, which is Spanish.

And dont tell me there was a band of brigands named "Outcasts" too:mellow:.

French pirates... like a few hundred guys all called Mr Mime, stabbing people with their invisible swords and boarding another vessel with their invisible ropes.