Discovery Gaming Community
White Cells and Faction Permissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: White Cells and Faction Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=61470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Zelot - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:>_>

Why shouldn't people be allowed to try?

And thats how we end up with Outcast KNF battleships. (wonders if Eppy is around)

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

You'll notice, Zelot is very clear when he says that is purely an in role play denial. The Corsair Empire has very valid reasons for not handing tech out to none Corsairs now a days. If you know Zelot (which I don't very well), you'll know his post was a subtle hint that there could be an ooRP arrangement made with proper role play, etc etc. I could be reading into it too much though.

' Wrote:>_>

Why shouldn't people be allowed to try?

In all honesty? The reason is it makes zero sense.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

Planetform has no ties to the Corsairs. You're using nonsensical examples to confuse the subject.

If a Planetform player requested guns from you, you'd say no. That's retarded. If a mercenary allied to you did the same, you should consider it.

White cells are there for a reason, that's why the admins created them in first place, and graciously gave official factions such a responsibility.

You are abusing that responsibility by locking them down and ignoring independant player RP.

' Wrote:Planetform has no ties to the Corsairs. You're using nonsensical examples to confuse the subject.

If a Planetform player requested guns from you, you'd say no. That's retarded. If a mercenary allied to you did the same, you should consider it.

White cells are there for a reason, that's why the admins created them in first place, and graciously gave official factions such a responsibility.

You are abusing that responsibility by locking them down and ignoring independant player RP.

They did consider it. They made a group of mercs work their asses off to prove they deserved them. Those same mercs are now using those weapons to kill the Corsairs. Extremely valid reason to not give mercs guns.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

That's abuse by a select number of players, regardless. Two wrongs do not make a right, and a few ooRP players should not destroy an admin issued arrangement. As an official faction, you have to rise above these trivialties and hold up the responsibility you were given.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Primitive - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:The admins feel that the official player factions are responsible enough to hand out tech inline with the lore and role play of their respective NPC factions.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=98179&hl=

When they invent character, skype someone and make shinny thread to get the said tech ?

@Hexx

You got two options in disco.

1) You don't hand out tech
2) You hand out tech to every person who is asking you on skype (I've witnessed more then couple of "Yo man, my RP sucks but give me your ship/guns" threads and skype deals)
3) You actually control it and give it if person deserves it

So far

90 % of cases are 2)
8% are 1)
and left are people who actually bother who will they give their tech too.

Yes, system sucks. No its not abusing right by not giving tech to anyone, and it was created as players messed up. Corsairs shielded themselves for another backstabbing like reaver one, since admins decided what you give stays forever in hands of the people who get it.

Fun fun fun.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - dodike - 06-14-2011

Being granted white cell technology is a privilege not a right. If you are given what you requested it's a courtesy of factions and if they don't they are not abusing the system, they are just not doing you a favor.

You have right to use all green cell technology freely without obstructions or abuse.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Jeremy Hunter - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:In all honesty? The reason is it makes zero sense.
Yeah, it does.

By why bar people from trying crazy requests?

It eliminates SRPs, allows some more diversity, and can add some uniqueness.

My Example, since I know the Order best:
KNF pilot wants to defect, and dissappears during his patrol. Why shouldnt he be allowed to ask both sides to use it?

It gets tiring, seeing the millionth Nephthys or Bastet. Some variety, and would add some more color. It opens RP and you can also help people.

"I want to have an Order Odin!"
"Talk to Blodo and Sly-beatle, lay out your RP, Why you want an Odin, why does it enrich roleplsy, etc"

Example. Leave it to the Faction leads.

' Wrote:That's abuse by a select number of players, regardless. Two wrongs do not make a right, and a few ooRP players should not destroy an admin issued arrangement. As an official faction, you have to rise above these trivialties and hold up the responsibility you were given.

It isn't abuse. It was the result of role play. This is role play, stuff like this happens. The responsibility given doesn't state they have to hand out tech all willy nilly.

If you feel the Corsairs aren't doing their job. Take your complaint to an admin, that is the policy set forth by the Tech Guidelines.