Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down (/showthread.php?tid=61524)

Pages: 1 2

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - Manny Calavera - 06-14-2011

After Alot of bad Publcity. The LCG will be Shut down indefinitly. All Members will now just be regualr LNS. thanks for being part of it.
LNS-Onrush

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - Manny Calavera - 06-15-2011

We welcome our newest member!!
[LNG]-LNS-BUGescape
Congrats!!!

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - Echo 7-7 - 06-15-2011

I recommend you join with the National Guard, [NG].
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100091

Yes, you will get to keep your cruisers.

No thanks I specificly made a clan just for cruisers. and im gonna keep it that way

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - VistaSoldier - 06-15-2011

Personally I think this is actually very OORP.
Especially with a cruiser named BUGescape.

Names don't realy matter. as long as we play within rp rules. but thank you for your thought. now please do not post here unless you have anything positive to say.

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - ruihu908 - 06-15-2011

Out of topic:

But someone should make a Navy Dreadnought Guard !

"Do I Hear PIIRATES?"
"SEND ZE DREADNOUGHTS!!!!"
*5 Navy Dreads pops off the lane*
"PIRAATEZ!! ENGAGGGE!"

But actually I saw your BUGescape ship while I was pirating with a transport... And I thought where did this Cruiser came from... Thanks for clearing that up. (and not blowing up my transport... or else I'd..)

Ps. Your friend didn't talk much.

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - VistaSoldier - 06-15-2011

I'm not trying to be negative here.
But I'm simply suggesting that you change the idea of your faction.
The main reason I can't contribute to this idea is because it is simply completely OORP and also essentially the same as many other factions at the moment.

Maybe consider creating a Vigilante/Civilian Cruiser Faction, or something that has a believable background, or better yet, merge your current members to the NG/alternate faction.

You see, what would you think if I made a faction called "Liberty Cruiser Guard Anti-Piracy" saying that I was essentially part of your faction, but I concentrated slightly more on piracy.

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - Wolfs Ghost - 06-15-2011

Hello, Zev!

Generally, I wouldn't boldly step out and suggest joining a faction, but this seems to be one of the cases in which it would be a good idea. As Echo7-7 has suggested, there is a group called the National Guard, with a capital ship division that includes cruisers much like what you're establishing here.

This next part may sound a bit like an infomercial on TV, but it's not. There are actual benefits in joining the National Guard with your cruiser group, to begin with, you'll be able to meet new people and create more friends, many of who have characters in different parts of Discovery, if you ever feel like moving away from Liberty and creating a new character.

Secondly, there are people within the National Guard who are willing to devote their time and energy in helping you expand your roleplay knowledge, and training of various ships, if you so please. This group was created with independents in mind, giving them freedom to either participate in forum activities, or not. It's just a group of friends who like to play the game together, and are helpful in nature.

This may appeal to you, why? Because you can keep your cruisers without fear of being put at a rank in which you can't fly them, and instead of taking three cruisers to Rheinland, imagine taking a fleet. An assortment of Capital ships and fighters, and being met with an equal force. That's what the National Guard can provide, all you have to do is check out the following link and contact the leader. That link can be found here.

Liberty Cruiser Guard Closed down - Korny - 06-15-2011

' Wrote:Names don't realy matter. as long as we play within rp rules. but thank you for your thought. now please do not post here unless you have anything positive to say.

So people can't say their honest opinions on your group even if those are negative experiences ? A great first step, really.

Sarcasm aside, Having a cruiser-squad is all dandy and fine, but things like that tend to quickly go to the other direction, which is ganking and unfair behaviour towards other players. I haven't encountered any of you yet, but now that I think about it, I don't really want to either.

And as others suggested, joining the National Guard would only benefit you. I'm sure the higher-ups of the [NG] could agree on somekind of "Cruiser Squadron" for you and your members, plus the people flying cruisers in the [NG]. So you'd have your cruiser-squadron, new people to play and chat with, and the guys from the [NG] are quite experienced, too, and could give you tips, training and advices on future role-play or fighting.