Discovery Gaming Community
Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. (/showthread.php?tid=61743)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. - Zelot - 06-18-2011

Just as the Bretonia, Rheinland, Kusari and the Liberty settled in with the plans they had to build a stable House, the Hispania did, too.
[4:25:24 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Corsairs were the brave men and women that chose to risk dying for the hope that they'd find a better place for their people, but...
[4:26:06 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: When they arrived at Crete they had no way of returning to the wreck of their Sleeper Ship, and then there's the curse of the Cardamine that the ones that chose to wait inherited.
[4:26:28 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Those who became the Outcasts -are the rabble-
[4:26:40 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: They want to infect everyone with their Cardamine and make profits
[4:26:55 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: We implement higher strategy and are highly territorial
[4:27:18 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Hence we want to establish a long-lasting legacy somewhere, probably either in current Bretonia or Rheinland.
[4:27:41 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Also, a common mistake is to believe that Corsairs and Outcast have a deep, irreversible hatred towards the other.
[4:27:49 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: That's not true. They clash because of territorial issues
[4:28:20 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Liberty and Kusari is 90% Outcast, Kusari having mainly indirect Corsair influence and rare incursions (like in Honshu)
[4:28:36 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Bretonia is 100% Corsair
[4:28:59 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Rheinland has the Outcast ties via the Red Hessians, but it's not infected with Cardamine and hence, falls into our eyes.
[4:29:24 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: That's the houses. We don't have conflicting interests in them, so why fight? Let's move on to the spaces around and in-between:
[4:29:40 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Independent Worlds (borderline systems with no interesting resources) - nothing
[4:29:47 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Tau space - Outcast
[4:30:41 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Omicron space - Outcast and Corsairs are based there, but they don't clash except when one wants to hurt the other and raids occur. Eta was created by the devs as a deterrent for lightning lolraids.
[4:31:56 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: They wanted lolraids to be slow enough to give time to prepare or some ****, so they made a huge trench in-between so that when the 101st launches they're not welcomed with a cloud of Red Death Corsair turrets from a huge bunch of Legates.
[4:32:12 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Now...
[4:33:27 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: You've got Omega space, which is our main target. It's where we can choose to take either Stuttgart for the food-producing planet or its Bretonian equivalent, Cambridge, which is easier to take because of the differences in both Houses' military might.
[4:33:47 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Red Hessians are our main hindrance. They MUST die for us to progress.
[4:33:57 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Only space left is the Sigmas.
[4:34:19 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: And THAT'S the main reason for the blood spilling between us and our lost brothers.
[4:35:00 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: It links Rheinland and Kusari, so to speak, and is no longer in the Edge Worlds - it's the closest cluster to the main house space (with Omega space being the alternative, and there are no Outcasts in there)
[4:36:08 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: And that's where Artifacts trade and Cardamine trade collide as well, using Junkers/Hogosha as middlemen. Junkers are neutral and sometimes even attack both sides of Hispania if we have something worth the risk
[4:36:51 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Hogosha, though, are ours, and the Chrysanthemums are theirs. We have problems in Kusari due to our inability to take the Sigmas from the Outcasts
[4:37:36 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: SO
[4:37:52 PM] Eli Moya-Skylius: Main reason for 'casts vs. 'sairs = Sigma Systems

Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. - Dennis Jameson - 06-18-2011

So it's pretty much a rehash of what I've told the devs which I know several times over?

Well, my life is all worth it now.

' Wrote:So it's pretty much a rehash of what I've told the devs which I know several times over?

Well, my life is all worth it now.

Good for you. Glad we on this side of Eta could help.

Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. - Not Espi - 06-18-2011

i thought this was generally accepted? sigma turf war?

' Wrote:i thought this was generally accepted? sigma turf war?

Many people feel there is some kind of blood feud between the OC and the Sairs, this came out of a discussion of who the most hated Corsair enemy way, the Hessians or the OC.

Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. - Dennis Jameson - 06-18-2011

Everybody knows it's the Hessians... after all... most people tend to hate themselves.

I'm sure you'll figure that joke out if you think about it long enough.

' Wrote:Everybody knows it's the Hessians... after all... most people tend to hate themselves.

I'm sure you'll figure that joke out if you think about it long enough.

It really wasn't as subtle as you thought it was, nor as clever.

Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. - Rapur - 06-18-2011

People think too much about this game.

' Wrote:It really wasn't as subtle as you thought it was, nor as clever.

Pfff, as if you know anything about humor, you grumpy man!

Eli's take on why the Sairs and OC just can't get along. - ProwlerPC - 06-18-2011

I have a disturbing desire for the Hispanic conflict to return to the Sigmas where they belong. Eta has conflicted with the Freelancer setting rather spectacularly in my opinion. Lets bring it back to where the space of contention truly are, where all the Vanilla Freelancers found work, where all the hidden non house action was occuring - Sigmas.