Discovery Gaming Community
"Elite factions" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: "Elite factions" (/showthread.php?tid=61802)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

"Elite factions" - Wraga - 06-19-2011

I'm thinking about it, but dunno really, why are there some "elite" factions, what cant available as an indie? I mean Nomads (yes, I know the trial ID), Wild, Coalition.

Just an idea: because lolwut players could use it as a terrorist ID-ed player and pew pew on anything?

"Elite factions" - Ingenious - 06-19-2011

Change your avatar and I'll answer.

"Elite factions" - Backo - 06-19-2011

List of Elite:
  • Keeper/Nomad
  • Wilde
  • Coalition
  • Colonial Remnants
  • Independent Neuralnet Division
  • Reapers of Sirius
  • Hellfire Legion
  • <strike>Phantoms</strike>- They went extinct like dinosaurs
Reason why it's like that - most of them are either a ticket to PvP or a non-vanilla faction that wasn't made by Igiss (unlike* Gallic factions). Thus the owners of said faction have full control over it. From what I've heard the Coalition (SCRA) started from Xeno ID. Can't really confirm it though.

&quot;Elite factions&quot; - .:Mongoose:. - 06-19-2011

' Wrote:Just an idea: because lolwut players could use it as a terrorist ID-ed player and pew pew on anything?[/size][/color][/font]

That be why me thinks

&quot;Elite factions&quot; - Wraga - 06-19-2011

' Wrote:Change your avatar and I'll answer.

You cant focus on the question, right? Whatever...its not flood and well...NEVER!

&quot;Elite factions&quot; - .:Mongoose:. - 06-19-2011

' Wrote:Change your avatar and I'll answer.

Leave your Avi as is thank you :ylove:

&quot;Elite factions&quot; - Govedo13 - 06-19-2011

To annoy normal players like you and me.

&quot;Elite factions&quot; - Switchback - 06-19-2011

Its a elitist community, hence it needs elitist factions. Expect more from Disco?

edit:
' Wrote:Just an idea: because lolwut players could use it as a terrorist ID-ed player and pew pew on anything?

Said factions already pewpew everything..most of them at least:
HF-lolengajinallcorruptnavywhatisee
Keepers- Well that have to do self defense...right?
Coalition- Killing everything since 1AS.
CR- Dont know much about them, but Ive seen a heck of a lot of OC killing.

&quot;Elite factions&quot; - teschy - 06-19-2011

Well the thing is, you can't have the Nomad faction public because then you'll see nomads everywhere attacking everything. And that would get old pretty fast. Unless of course you give them a zone of influence - say the Omicrons. That would tone down the mayhem. But then you'd also have the Iseijin and Das Wilde in Kusari, Sigmas Rheinland and Omegas.

As for the SCRA, HF, RoS and CR - they should all be open factions since they are not terrorist nor Sirius wide factions. But you can't reason with the leaders of the mentioned factions, because they will claim that these factions belong to them, and it would ruin their little world. While that may work for a faction like the IND, which only has custom ID (yet), no ships or bases, it doesn't work for the above factions because they do have ships and bases. And it's only fair to the playerbase to be able to use them without having to join a player faction.

&quot;Elite factions&quot; - jammi - 06-19-2011

The Coalition is 'elite', because of the nature of the RP. The Coalition's military is kept under a very tight leash due to loyalty conditioning, with disobedience being dealt with by capital punishment. There is also the fact that they have a Sirius-wide ID that allows them a number of PvP liberties. However, the reason is more to do with the former than the latter. So far as PvP goes, you can do just as much, if not more, with the generic Pirate ID.

The Nomads are 'elite', again because of the nature of their RP. Very, very few people can RP a Nomad properly (I maintain no-one can and that they shouldn't actually be playable, but that's just my opinion). They also have a Sirius-wide ZoI, are allowed to carte-blanche kill any human they desire and have some truly excellent equipment to hand. So the Nomads are a mixture of RP and PvP reasons for restricting recruitment. Mind you, there -are- Nomad indys in the form of the Trials. You can use Nomad Lasers and dock on Nomad bases now, unless I'm incorrect.

The Wild (Rhienland and Kusari) are 'elite' for much the same reason as the Keepers. They have a very specific niche form of RP. With the Wild in particular (infiltrators), their RP can raise hackles. Being attacked by a Nomad ship that you "shouldn't" know is Nomad can be infuriating for the victim if done wrong, which is why the ID is restricted. They've got access to most of the equipment the Keepers do, as well as the Scorpion, arguably the best GB in the game. So again, a mixture of RP and PvP reasons.

As for the Colonials... They're an oddity and stand out from the above. They don't need Admin rep adjustment, and have ships, equipment and an ID that is an exact clone of the IMG's, more or less. The reason for their lack of indys is a hefty dose of FR2, I guess. It's not like their ID has any particular PvP or ZoI advantage over the IMG one.

Interestingly enough, the Keepers and SCRA do have open recruitment channels. You can publicly apply for both. It's just the standards are supposedly very high to have to get in to either - you have to know the RP and give them the confidence you won't cock it up before they'll accept you. In that case, are they any more elite than any other faction with high joining standards? The Colonials also have open recruitment, which is very easy to get into. I couldn't comment on the Wilde and Aoi Iseijin's recruitment seeing as I don't know enough about them.

EDIT: @Bloodl1ke - yeah, way back when the SCRA used Xeno Guard IFFs, because they were hostile to the most people. That prevented people from accidentally reading them as hostile or neutral. Ironically, the alternative would have been for them to have used a Corsair IFF, seeing as they were BFFs at the time and had a massive alliance.Their guard system (Omega 52) was also one station that used Zoner Guard rep. They had constant problems with Zoners docking on the station, then trying to order them out because it was a 'Zoner guard system'. :lol: