Discovery Gaming Community
Starlancer ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Starlancer ships (/showthread.php?tid=62126)

Pages: 1 2 3

Starlancer ships - Cap.Kennedy - 06-25-2011

What do you think about adding a separate system where players could acquire Starlancer era replicas, they would not be very useful for PvP since they are 800 years outdated, (the strongest one would have like 500 hull points) and their weapons and equipment would be set accordingly, but they would be rely cheap(like half the price of Starflier for the biggest one) for RP purposes, there is a pack of Starlancer ships over at Lancers reactor, if guys that are making this mode can persuade him to give them right to use it they would not even have to work much, all they would have to do is make a new system and connect it somewhere (i think connecticut would be ideal) and add a bunch of stations where you could buy them. i know some would ask, why do we need such old pieces of crap, well if you want a new toy, or yo want to roleplay historian, or actor(in my country people are sometimes playing out historic events on specific dates as a show, i presume in yours they are too.) or you just want to role play poor folk that is broke but wants to travel threw stars and he cant afford a real ship.

Starlancer ships - Toaster - 06-25-2011

As you yourself said, they are over 800 years old. I doubt any would be around, and if, then the representative governments would be keeping them in some museum.

I said replicas, built by the specs from the archives(exact replicas)

Starlancer ships - Torch Rose - 06-25-2011

I think this is a good idea, but I don't think the admins would accept it. And trying to get the Starlancer ships to mix in with Freelancer graphics would be hard. (I downloaded one of those mods back in the day, the ships were huge and looked like our current HW imports)

' Wrote:I think this is a good idea, but I don't think the admins would accept it. And trying to get the Starlancer ships to mix in with Freelancer graphics would be hard. (I downloaded one of those mods back in the day, the ships were huge and looked like our current HW imports)

Well, i won't pretend i know anything about Freelancer modding, but back in my armada 2 modding days it was a simple matter of altering the ship specs to alter its size.

Starlancer ships - Dane Summers - 06-25-2011

being as that i cut my teeth on StarLancer, i'd be all for it - if it could be done right.

Graphics wise, make them look indistinguishable from FL graphics (the point Rose brought up) and second, make them balanced - useful, but only just.

I'd love to have a Merc cruise around in a Mirage

Starlancer ships - Cap.Kennedy - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:make them balanced - useful, but only just.

Maybe useful, but barely, part of the point of this project is to demonstrate the difference between two eras, and the advancement of the technologies, as i saw in some Starlancer faq-s the strength in Starlancer was measured on scale from 1-10, assuming my figure of 500 hull points was adopted for this ships the overall stats of the ships could be calculated by simply taking the number 500 and dividing it with 10, so we get for 1/10=50 hull points, 2/10=100 hull points, 3/10=150 hull points etc, also as the class 1 weapons were apparently thrown out that class could be used for special low power weapons for this ships. Class of wepons for each category would be determined by role play, as they are all the same class in fact, hopefully players will not abuse it and mount weapons that do not fit with the ship, they are only toys after all, just for showing ,not for any real combat(except amongst themselves maybe) so i see no point in mounting oorp weapons on them.

Starlancer ships - Pacific - 06-26-2011

I am all in for this Idea

Starlancer ships - CzeReptile - 06-26-2011

Thats like using a FW-190 in a jet-fighter age.

Starlancer ships - TheJarl - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:Thats like using a FW-190 in a jet-fighter age.

No, more like using a fire lance in the 21st century