Discovery Gaming Community
Remaining two sleeper ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Remaining two sleeper ships (/showthread.php?tid=62199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Remaining two sleeper ships - Cap.Kennedy - 06-26-2011

So now we have Gallia, although everybody taught that Gallia was destroyed it turned out it was not,what if other two slleper ships were not destroyed too, what if they encountered a blocade that started shooting, and woke up dormant jumphole in Sol, and it swallowed that two ships along with several dozen coalition warships and transported them forward threw time, they could have ended up somewhere in modern Sirius, somewhere on the outskirts below omegas for example, and reason why nobody knew about them was that they resurfaced only recently, and started traversing omegas. That could be good backstory if developers wanted to make another expansion of Sirius sector.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Pancakes - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:So now we have Gallia, although everybody taught that Gallia was destroyed it turned out it was not,what if other two slleper ships were not destroyed too, what if they encountered a blocade that started shooting, and woke up dormant jumphole in Sol, and it swallowed that two ships along with several dozen coalition warships and transported them forward threw time, they could have ended up somewhere in modern Sirius, somewhere on the outskirts below omegas for example, and reason why nobody knew about them was that they resurfaced only recently, and started traversing omegas. That could be good backstory if developers wanted to make another expansion of Sirius sector.

The sleeper ships don't travel in time, they simply move faster then light, and they can't drag other ships just because they are near it.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Ceoran - 06-26-2011

Please don't. Sirius is large enough even without Gallia, not to mention how oversized it will be in 4.86

' Wrote:The sleeper ships don't travel in time, they simply move faster then light, and they can't drag other ships just because they are near it.

This makes me ask myself do people even read what i write before they reply, i was saying that they were transported into future by dormant jumphole that was activated by weapons fire, considering how little we know about jumpholes i think that scenario is very possible.

' Wrote:Please don't. Sirius is large enough even without Gallia, not to mention how oversized it will be in 4.86

one of the beauties of the universe is that it is endless, i dont think that sirius can ever be over sized, but that is just my opinion.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Pancakes - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:one of the beauties of the universe is that it is endless, i dont think that sirius can ever be over sized, but that is just my opinion.

There are many none-visited empty systems, and by many I mean that there are systems that are being visited once in a month on the brighter side.

@your other reply

Make normal phases and proper use of words and it will be 100 times easier to read and understand.

' Wrote:There are many none-visited empty systems, and by many I mean that there are systems that are being visited once in a month on the brighter side.

@your other reply

Make normal phases and proper use of words and it will be 100 times easier to read and understand.

The time travel also has one beauty, it does not need to be rushed, that is why i think this particular scenario is so good, those ships can exit literally any time. So developers can hold them it their sleeve, and draw them out once they exhausted all present elements like Gallia, two wars in Sirius and the rest. It is truth that afther some time you get bored of things, the reason Disco is so popular is because they keep adding stuff, but you can only do so much with present elements. It may even last to Disco 5.00, but eventually you have to add some new stuff too keep things interesting.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Daedric - 06-26-2011

The server is capped at 200 people online at the same time. Adding more systems spreads then out even more or adds systems that aren't used but once in a blue moon.

I'm not in favor of either of those instances. No matter who good the story backing up the systems are.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Elven - 06-26-2011

Please, no more systems, sort out current ones - half of them need attention badly

' Wrote:The server is capped at 200 people online at the same time. Adding more systems spreads then out even more or adds systems that aren't used but once in a blue moon.

I'm not in favor of either of those instances. No matter who good the story backing up the systems are.

Correction, the server is currently capped at 200. As much as i understood it it is limit only because the guy who is hosting the server can't support more with his current configuration, but computer technology is rushing forward at amazing speed, soon what used to be uberexpensive newest technology will drop in prices, and he will eventualy be able to upgrade his system, so i presume the number of players will be greater in the future.