Discovery Gaming Community
To Deputy Commissioner Rex Easly - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Deputy Commissioner Rex Easly (/showthread.php?tid=62221)

To Deputy Commissioner Rex Easly - Dab - 06-27-2011

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Brevet Admiral Lady Evyn Hunter
Origin: HMS Craven's Nest
Recipient: Deputy Commissioner Rex Easly

Greetings Deputy Commissioner Easly.

I am contacting you about some unpleasant business concerning one of your number. Superintendent Marloe specifically. Superintendent Marloe has acted very inappropriately for a representative of the police authority, and has caused an incident that requires my involvement, and your authority.

Convoy, a merchant marine division of the Armed Forces, has been handling a lot of vital military transportation over the last year, as I'm sure you're aware. During one of their transportation runs, Superintendent Marloe accosted the convoy, which was delivering goods from Liberty. The Superintendent acted rudely, unprofessional, and threatening towards the ships' crew. This even included his trying to order the Convoy to stop using all jumpholes. The Superintendent also insulted these men harshly and repetitively.

Mr. Marloe's actions were inappropriate and his actions were interfering with the war effort. Also, according to the War Measures Act, Article II, the Leeds (and Dublin) system is under martial law, with the Armed Forces having full authority over the system and, verbatim; "Regular BPA operations in these systems are being withdrawn, and the BAF will have ultimate authority over civilian vessels in these two systems, in terms of restricting activity considered detrimental to the Bretonian War Effort."

It is my conclusion that Mr. Marloe's attempted actions were detrimental to the war effort, and in violation of this act, which limits Police Authority.. authority, over the system.

However, as I have no intention or wish to create a row between our two respective divisions of Her Majesty's law, I would rather allow you to handle this problem internally, than force a decision by the Armed Forces.

A complete communication log between Inspector Marloe and the Convoy vessels will be sent over secure networks.

While the final decision is yours to make, I would offer my suggestion; Dismissal of this man from the police's ranks seems the most appropriate response given the extent of his behavior in this incident.

Thank you for your time Deputy Commission, and my apologies for having to raise such an unpleasant topic.

-Brevet Admiral Lady Evyn Hunter
Tactical Commander, 2nd Great Fleet, Bretonia Armed Forces
Diplomatic Officer

Assistant Director
Bretonian Intelligence Service
<div align="right]End Transmission

To Deputy Commissioner Rex Easly - Garrett Jax - 06-27-2011

NSY CommChannel Status: OPEN
Incoming Transmission...
Priority: NORMAL
To: Brevet Admiral Lady Evyn Hunter
Subject: BPA Officer Marloe

[Image: rexeasly.jpg]

Hello Admiral,

*Stares wonderingly at all the honorifics* My Lady...er...Brevet Admiral Lady...uhm. *How do I address this woman? She's got more titles than a bookstore.* I guess you're someone fairly important. Doesn't matter. I'm just a Deputy Commissioner of the lowly BPA here. Who am I to be corresponding with a Brevet Admiral Lady Tactical Commander of the 2nd Great Fleet? *Whew, what a mouthful*

I'm sorry that your Convoy boys didn't like my officer Marloe here. It takes a person with a fairly thick skin to be able to deal with his gruffness. He does come off rude at times, and his temper flares up at the slightest provocation. *Marloe's an arse. Everyone knows that.* However, up to this point, Officer Marloe has always performed admirably. *When I'm not up to my neck in complaints about him, that is*

I reviewed the communication files that you sent. I can see how a Lady of your sensibilities might get upset with the language used by my officer. I regret that this had to pass your desk. *What the heck is this woman complaining about? How do you get to be an Admiral without letting a few choice words slip now and then. I'd bet the Anvil that drunken sailors would blush at her language.*

I've formally reprimanded Officer Marloe. He will be spending the next seven days on non paid leave. *Paid leave, hehe* After which, we will reconsider his case and see if his attitude has improved.

As far as the War Measures Act, Article II that concerns regular patrols of BPA officers in Leeds and Dublin, I wonder at your timing. *Really suspicious if you ask me* The war has been going on for some time now and nobody from the BAF has even so much as hinted at enforcing this provision. In fact, the BAF has enjoyed our assistance time and again.

When we patrol these systems, we usually are not engaged in "regular BPA operations." We have our more heavily armed Special Response Division ships. *Which, I'm sure, have saved your pretty little backside on more than one occasion* Also, we have Commerce Control Division ships consisting of Armored Transports, Prison Liners and Percherons, all capable of handling violent smugglers. These also, exist outside of "regular BPA operations."

By restricting our areas of influence to the innermost systems, you effectively cut us off from 90% of the activity that occurs in Bretonia. I'm sure you do not wish to cripple the effectiveness of the BPA. *While I live and breathe, she is not going to cripple us* We have worked hand in hand with the BAF for as long as there has been a Bretonia.

In conclusion, please accept my most humble apologies for Officer Marloe's temperament. And please, feel free to contact me with any other concerns you might have. *God no. Don't talk to me ever again.*

Yours respectively,

Rex Easly
BPA Deputy Commissioner

Transmission End...
NSY CommChannel Status:
CLOSED