Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery 4.85 "Extended" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Discovery 4.85 "Extended" (/showthread.php?tid=62263)

Discovery 4.85 "Extended" - masternerdguy - 06-28-2011

I won't even pretend to take credit for most of this mod, since this is a mod of a mod, but I feel like some other people might enjoy it.

Ok, as you may have noticed, I'm not on the servers much. Mainly because I don't like some of the restrictive rules, but thats not the point. Vanilla FL openSP is a bit boring, and disco open sp was a bit less boring. Since I knew I was going to spend a lot of time in opensp in disco, I decided to adapt it a bit.

To be clear, this adds no new "content", only changes to the feel of the game and the spawn mechanics. Disco has plenty of content.

Download

This is the disco 4.85 mod, update 3 with some hacks that make it a bit more interesting and varied in opensp (at least in my opinion). The main weakness of opensp was that it always felt empty, lifeless, and artificial. I feel like I've fixed that.

List of Big Changes:
  1. Adoxa's Single Player Console - As you may know you can own more than one ship, shorten travel times, etc
  2. Freelancer now completely ignores population density limits - This makes the universe lively :D
  3. NPCs can spawn at much further ranges, and persist at much further ranges - Like in multiplayer, you can see someone's ship in the distance and go for it. More importantly, it makes me feel like I'm not trapped in a 4km spawn bubble.
In addition, you can now initiate dock at 99km instead of 20km. It minimizes me having to babysit autopilot when docking at range (I never understood the reason for the dock button to have a range limit). And the mouse flight text is finally gone.

Oh, and the disco auto update system is disabled to prevent issues if there's ever a disco 4.85 update 4.

Trust me, the ability to own more than one ship alone is enough to bring new life into single player! Thanks to adoxa you don't have to pick the one size fits all craft, because you can have a ship for ever occasion.

Finally, opening the spawn floodgates creates some pretty cool, emergently dynamic, encounters. Battles can last for 5 minutes and the victor was never for certain, and let's not even talk about being caught completely alone without countermeasures in Omicron Delta....

Since Disco 4.86 isn't going to be out for a while, I figure some people might get a kick out of this.

Discovery 4.85 "Extended" - Torch Rose - 06-28-2011

This looks pretty cool. I'll download it and use it whenever I feel in the mood for some singleplayer.

' Wrote:This looks pretty cool. I'll download it and use it whenever I feel in the mood for some singleplayer.

It seems stable on my end (i've been playing it:P)
But if you do have a problem lemme know.

EDIT: Testing on a clean install looks good!

Discovery 4.85 "Extended" - Anonymous User - 06-28-2011

i can play MP with that installed or i have to switch off everytime i go multi?

' Wrote:i can play MP with that installed or i have to switch off everytime i go multi?

might wanna switch it off

' Wrote:According to both ZoneAlarm and Avira the install contains a worm and keylogger.

It's clean...that's a bit odd.
Mediafire is legitimate, and theres definitely nothing at my end.

I think crossfire has a false positive too?

Edit: To be safe i did a complete system scan at boot, what is avira claiming is malware? I used to use avira and it used to claim that dsupdate.exe was a keylogger. I did some hex editing, maybe I introduced a signature.

Discovery 4.85 "Extended" - Backfin - 01-07-2012

Sorry to bump an old topic, but after googling a lot about fl hack, SP command console and open SP i saw this topic here and on the starport, however the link is down and same happens with anything on adoxa.110mb.com

Id absolutely love to have an updated version for 4.86, but because thats probably asking too much could someone reupload this submod? Or tell me how to do it and reupload flhack and sp command console instead.

Discovery 4.85 "Extended" - Peterka - 01-08-2012

Bad link for download!

Discovery 4.85 "Extended" - KAWISH-ALI - 01-08-2012

file deleted:(