Discovery Gaming Community
A message broadcast towards Baffin - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: A message broadcast towards Baffin (/showthread.php?tid=62271)

A message broadcast towards Baffin - Shagohad - 06-28-2011

>>>>CHANNEL DETECTED
<<<<OPENING

Source: Warden Lelouch Roux
Comm Image:
[Image: Lelouch2.jpg]

Bonjour, 'Zoners',

Time and time again, we've encountered massive factory vessels baring the title of 'Zoner'. Now from experience, I know that the Zoners are a rather tricky people. We have reports of Zoners working with and against the Royalists. Then again we find that there are megalithic ships that refuse to donate to our cause and then curse our families and friends with ill wishes.

Now imagine me, a rather powerful and intimidating man, scratching his head in awe and confusion when he sees a group so splayed out in allegiances and motives. During an interrogation of a crewman who ejected from one of these mobile factories, we found that there are multiple Zoner groups and that the nearest made residence in a 'Baffin' system. The Council has had dealings with Zoners from such a place, but we thought rather little of it at the time. I believe now we need to shed some light on this.

So tell me, Baffin-ers, exactly what a Zoner is, what they do, and what this 'No-fire Zone' nonsense is about. We vaporized a few ships within the vicinity of one of these 'Freeports' and nothing happened.

Respond ASAP.

Signed,
The Warden

>>>>CLOSING
<<<<CHANNEL LOST

A message broadcast towards Baffin - Doc Holliday - 06-28-2011

[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
Location: Ambassador's Office, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin System
To: Warden Lalouch Roux
Encryption: Very Heavy

Bonjour, Warden Roux,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor John Henry Holliday, Administrator of the Temporary Autonomous Zoners, owners of the Baffin system. We have peacefully lived in Baffin for a good many years.

You ask, Monseiur, what is a Zoner? We even ask that amongs ourselves quite often. In short, we are people who long ago left system controlled by governments, finding a home in places that other people would not, places where disputes were settled by the gun. We found a way to co-exists with most of those around us, each benefitting from the other in some way be it us providing a safe place to land in an othewise hostile environment just to get a good meal and maybe a good night's sleep when far from home.

Zoners, in some cases, are also people who just don't fit anywhere else because of what they may look like or what they may believe. Zoners are also people of former walks of life who sought independence elsewhere. We are former Naval people, transport pilots, criminals, freelancers and others, all wanting something else. Zoners have no template as to what one is but rather, each is different in some way but we all strive for one thing in common, a peaceful co-existence with those around us. While we won't go looking for a fight, we will hold our ground if needed.
The disputes of others are not our disputes. Simply put, you respect our way of life and we will respect yours.

We at TAZ are a religious lot. We worship the ancient goddess, Eris. We value individual freedom. Our system is open for all to visit, regardless of where one comes from or what side of the law they walk. While in Baffin, enemies will keep their guns silent. It's amazing, really, to watch two former people who would just assume kill each other playing a game of cards in the lounge as Shasta Orbital Skyhook....or at any Freeport for that matter. The only other thing we ask of visitors in Baffin is stay away from our Temple, the base known as Pueblo Bonita. Many dare violate this and many have found their way home in an escape pod.

The No Fire Zone that you asked of is a zone around each base that no gunfire is allowed. Zoner families live on Freeports, going about their lives so it's in place to protect them from accidental weapons fire. Each base is different as each has it's own Administrator. The closest Freeport to us is Freeport 6, run by an aging warrior, Commander Matok. All of Baffin is a no fire zone.

Now, for this part, I speak for my own people, the members of TAZ. How other groups approach this matter is up to them. TAZ has made visits into Gallia to explore the system but that has been some time. I'm sure you have heard of Aurelia DeFrance. In short, she has threatened the Zoner people and even attacked bases for Zoner incursions. As a safety measure, TAZ ships are to stay out of Gallia. We have had limited visits from Gallic trade ships but we have little knowledge of their affiliation. Acquiring Gallic goods is something we would like to persue but for the reasons mentioned, we do not.

Warden Roux, if you wish to visit Baffin and meet me at my Shasta office, I would be willing, if for no other reason but to get to know each other a bit. Also, if you are about in the Tau regions, I have a ship that is a medical hospital that will assist you if needed. [TAZ]Med.Force.Two can be found out there at times, commanded by Commander Sarah Coyle. It's big sister, Med.Force.One, is safeguarded elsewhere.

Warden Roux, you may continue reaching me at this channel as you wish.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
TAZ Administrator

A message broadcast towards Baffin - Shagohad - 06-29-2011

>>>>CHANNEL DETECTED
<<<<OPENING

Comm Image:

Bonjour, Monsieur Holliday,

Your 'TAZ' sound like quite the characters. I found that a space-faring organization would devote itself to the letter to a deity is rather odd, but I did a bit of digging and found that the madness of your organization is quite a charming perk. Something I relate to.

As far as these no-fire zones are concerned, I think I'll try and stay away from them. We're rather ravenous and greedy people and we have a tendency to do a lot of collateral damage. Your offer of a hospital ship will be used, to put it bluntly, to clean up behind us. It's a cold thing to say, but it is the truth. Within Gallia, our organization carries out precise, yet brutal, attacks to the heart of Royalist society. Believe me when I say that we aren't nice people.

Zoners appear to be an odd lot. The Colonial Remnant asked that we not attack yours and OSI's convoys. We do not wish to anger our new-found friends, so we intend to honor their wishes. 'Independent' Zoners, on the other hand, will probably be asked for donations and supplies. We came here for wealth and supplies, so we don't intend to put the entirety of Sirius on a buddy-system. Not to mention that the rudeness displayed by a few of the more arrogant ones have put me in a foul mood. So consider all TAZ and OSI vessels safe when they see our forces.

Aurelia. Aurelia DeFrance. I actually got to meet her once. As well as Joseph. Her brother. Oddly enough, Aurelia is next in line for the throne. So let's hope that he doesn't die soon and put Gallia in an even worse situation. The Crown and its assets are our enemies. We hold nothing back when it comes to their downfall. You mention that you don't want to enter Gallia? Sooner or later you'll have to pick a side and I hope to God that you pick the right one. If your hate of Aurelia is as great as mine, I wouldn't be surprised if you took up a gun and forced your way into Gallia just to prove a point. Se la vie.

You offer a trip to Shasta? I don't know what a Shasta is, or if I actually want to go, but I think we can meet on a middle ground and discuss business over a few drinks, Doctor. We've been looking for revenues and supplies to aid our cause, and what Gallia provides just isn't cutting it. Name a time, a place, and I'll be there.

Oh. One more thing. This place you choose? Make sure it has hard drinks and lots of women. Makes me a bit more relaxed when I discuss diplomacy.

Signed,
The Warden

>>>>CLOSING
<<<<CHANNEL LOST

A message broadcast towards Baffin - Doc Holliday - 07-01-2011

[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*incoming transmission*
To: Warden Lelouch Roux
Encryption: Very Heavy

Greetings Again, Warden,

If the intell we have on the Gallic Royals and the resistance against them is accurate then I can understand when you say that you aren't nice people. I've met one Maquis before and he was the abrasive type. His name I've long forgotten. You can rest assured we won't interfere with your affairs.

I only offered Shasta here in Baffin since it would be far enough away from home to give some rest yet not so far that you couldn't get home fairly quick if needed with the various jump holes in the area. We have plenty of food, drink and yes, the women you would like in our own "Sins After Hours" club. Still, we can meet elsewhere although I don't know what the accommodations are elsewhere. As I said, I would rather not risk my crews going into Gallia. I'm just not sure where your navigational charts cover in the Tau region of space.

I'd rather discuss other things between us in person. I've got this channel heavily encrypted but I don't want to risk someone breaking it. My only suggestion might be Freeport 10 in Tau 37 as it would be easy for you to get to from Tau 23. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
TAZ Administrator

A message broadcast towards Baffin - Shagohad - 07-01-2011

>>>>CHANNEL DETECTED
<<<<OPENING

Comm Image:

Bonjour, Monsieur Holliday,

Tau 37 is acceptable. Name a date and a time and I'll be there.

Signed,
The Warden

>>>>CLOSING
<<<<CHANNEL LOST

A message broadcast towards Baffin - Doc Holliday - 07-02-2011

*incoming transmission*
To: Warden Lelouch Roux

Kallisti, Warden,

I will be at Freeport 10 later today as part of a multi-stop medical and diplomatic mission I will be undergoing. Perhaps we can talk there. Just ask for me.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
TAZ Administrator

//I'll be online later today and tonight. I'm East Coast, USA.